Official Fall PractiSe #1: Tuesday, August 1

Advertisement
Interesting, Stock mentioned that he is not overly optimistic there will be much access going forward... He bases this off comments to them by the Media people
Last year he gave them the first few days and then it was basically locked down. I see they had WQAM out there today so they probably let them see practice again and then lock down.. From the way it seems canefest is next saturday at stadium and will be open practice/scrimmage?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lake stating that Zion was still moving gingerly and looks like it's going to be a bit until he's back to normal. Oh boy.

Really need Rivers to at least be steady at LT if Zion still isn't back for the start of the season. 3 of the first 4 games being cupcakes allows us to ease Zion back in before ACC play. But that A&M game will be a big one for the OL if Zion isn't back.

Advertisement
Lake stating that Zion was still moving gingerly and looks like it's going to be a bit until he's back to normal. Oh boy.

Really need Rivers to at least be steady at LT if Zion still isn't back for the start of the season. 3 of the first 4 games being cupcakes allows us to ease Zion back in before ACC play. But that A&M game will be a big one for the OL if Zion isn't back.
if Zion is not ready by week 1, i think we should ramp up Samson. I don't think Rivers can hold his own at LT and is much much better at RG. Starting 2 freshman tackles isn't ideal but they are two of the top 3 from last years class, and have the size and mentality to start. vs TAMU, we can always use a TE to help Samson if needed, or maybe Cohen can help some as well.

Advertisement

I wonder if they put McCoy there to start instead of moving rivers?

If Zion is out then you have a few options. Not ideal to put two true freshmen at T doesn't matter if they are 5 star recruits.

Rivers, Cohen, Lee, Cooper, Francis

Samson, Cohen, Lee, Rivers, Francis

McCoy, Cohen, Lee, Rivers, Francis

Advertisement
Back