EXHIBITION on 11/1 (v. NEWBERRY COLLEGE)

Hopefully this is the last time L decides to start this group together. They've been particularly stagnant and sloppy. OTOH I really liked the combo of Bruce, Lonnie, and DJ in the backcourt late in the first half.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like the idea of playing the women's opener as a DH with the men's opener, but what are the chances the men's game actually starts at 8pm as scheduled with a 6pm women's start?

Advertisement

Nope. But we won't shoot 52% from 3 most nights. Our bigs had nice games, but against a D2 school that's to be expected. DJs shooting was the obvious show, but he really had a nice game in all phases. I know some are hoping Lykes is the savior at PG, but he looked to me like he needs alot of work. Boy is the team talented though. Waardenburg had his struggles, but he has a ton of potential. And I love the way he passes with the other bigs.

Advertisement
was at the game, DJ looked solid with his shooting also his defense looked better, brown is finally finishing at the rim which is good sign

newton was still doing newton things dribbling too much, making stupid passes, and running into double teams, he's probably going to still start but i wouldn't be surprised if lykes starts at some point

on lykes he looked solid dribbled the ball really well and wasn't afraid to get hit and sacrifice his body to make a play

walker looked really good, made a ton of plays, and looked good finishing at the rim

huell looked ok, still looked slow down low scoring but his defense looks like it stepped up a notch from last year he was very active guarding the paint

overall we looked solid just gotta work on the turnovers

Lykes was playing completely out of control. He will have some growing pains which is normal for a Freshman.

Fun game to watch.

Lonnie is still working his body back into shape. But he's so explosive off the dribble and off the floor

Lykes has a Long way to go.

Huell looked great I thought

Advertisement
was at the game, DJ looked solid with his shooting also his defense looked better, brown is finally finishing at the rim which is good sign

newton was still doing newton things dribbling too much, making stupid passes, and running into double teams, he's probably going to still start but i wouldn't be surprised if lykes starts at some point

on lykes he looked solid dribbled the ball really well and wasn't afraid to get hit and sacrifice his body to make a play

walker looked really good, made a ton of plays, and looked good finishing at the rim

huell looked ok, still looked slow down low scoring but his defense looks like it stepped up a notch from last year he was very active guarding the paint

You could tell Walker is legit just from the few times he touched the ball. Looks like he isn't comfortable exerting a lot of pressure on his knee yet, but he'll get there.

Lykes was definitely making mistakes but I chalk it up as overexcitement. He made all of those plays in the high school videos I've watched.

Huell looked better but not as good as I'd hoped. Still feel like he's not used to the size of his body.

You could tell Walker is legit just from the few times he touched the ball. Looks like he isn't comfortable exerting a lot of pressure on his knee yet, but he'll get there.

Lykes was definitely making mistakes but I chalk it up as overexcitement. He made all of those plays in the high school videos I've watched.

Huell looked better but not as good as I'd hoped. Still feel like he's not used to the size of his body.

I think the offensive firepower we have surrounding DH this year will inevitably make him better; it just may take some time. I'm really excited about this team's potential this year, especially on offense. Here's to scoring a bunch of points, beating Duke AGAIN, and making some noise in March!

Key is replacing the defense provided last season by Kamari and Davon. If a couple of the new guys commit to plaing D anywhere near that level, we'll be more than fine.

Advertisement
Back