"Execution wins it."

Advertisement
D$: what the FUC_K is it gonna take to get a real coach in here?

Kaaya is the ace in the hole. There are good players on the roster, including the most important position. This is a healthy program talent-wise. It's not a tear down.

Couldn't agree more. This is nothing like 4 years ago. This program just needs the right guy now, and he can win here immediately. Plenty of talent and no cloud. What's not to like about the job???

This is all true, but this admin has no interest in making a change or hiring the right football man. They care about their stupid ******* APR and good behavior. Period. What is it gonna take to get Al Golden the **** outta here???

The next hire either kills us or brings us back.

Butch please

Miami as a program will never be "killed". It will always be a sleeping giant due to its location. Miami will always be a good coach away from elite.

And I'd love to bring Butch back but there are other really good coaches out there that can win big at Miami. Butch isn't the one and only hope for Miami that some make him out to be.

Golden's failure was his inability to fire that clown dc. All game we sit back and let them dictate the game to us. Corners 10 yards off the ball, conceding the pitch play. Wow

Advertisement
Would like to see CiS do a front page story calling for the firing of Golden.
I already have one written for when he leaves. I wrote it when the Penn State stuff was happening. I only have to do a quick search and replace on a few words and maybe a brief paragraph about this season. It'll still do.

This is all true, but this admin has no interest in making a change or hiring the right football man. They care about their stupid ******* APR and good behavior. Period. What is it gonna take to get Al Golden the **** outta here???

I'm more optimistic in the AD than most. Coker was hired because the players stumped for him. Shannon was not a great hire but we were in QB **** and struck out on our top guys. Golden was a hot coaching candidate at the time who everyone on here liked.

I don't think they are the problem. We've just been making bad coaching choices. Droughts like this happen everywhere, including football-mad places like Alabama and Texas.

Butch please

Miami as a program will never be "killed". It will always be a sleeping giant due to its location. Miami will always be a good coach away from elite.

And I'd love to bring Butch back but there are other really good coaches out there that can win big at Miami. Butch isn't the one and only hope for Miami that some make him out to be.

We been dead for ten plus years, that's almost killed to me

This is all true, but this admin has no interest in making a change or hiring the right football man. They care about their stupid ****ing APR and good behavior. Period. What is it gonna take to get Al Golden the **** outta here???

I'm more optimistic in the AD than most. Coker was hired because the players stumped for him. Shannon was not a great hire but we were in QB **** and struck out on our top guys. Golden was a hot coaching candidate at the time who everyone on here liked.

I don't think they are the problem. We've just been making bad coaching choices. Droughts like this happen everywhere, including football-mad places like Alabama and Texas.

But don;t you think there is a curious correlation between the APR ratings of Shannon and Golden, and Miami's obsession with improving it's status as an "academic elite"?

Advertisement
D$: what the FUC_K is it gonna take to get a real coach in here?

Kaaya is the ace in the hole. There are good players on the roster, including the most important position. This is a healthy program talent-wise. It's not a tear down.
Don't think that was the question... Not about getting someone in...

the question was and is what is it gonna take to get the current coach out....

This is all true, but this admin has no interest in making a change or hiring the right football man. They care about their stupid ****ing APR and good behavior. Period. What is it gonna take to get Al Golden the **** outta here???

I just want to know d would they consider Butch if AG is fired. Will he be a candidate? I even think he would call the AD and make himself a candidate. He loves Um

Agree. People forget that at one point in time, Alabama hired the following coaches consecutively before hiring Saban:

Mike Dubose
Dennis Franchione
Mike Price
Mike Shula

That is 17 years worth of terrible coaching hires from a school that loves football above any other.

Butch please

*********....who else can we afford that has a proven track record in 305?

Advertisement

But don;t you think there is a curious correlation between the APR ratings of Shannon and Golden, and Miami's obsession with improving it's status as an "academic elite"?

i don't actually. Just ****** hires. Nothing more. Nothing less. **** begets ****.

I don't think the APR has much to do with our US News and World Report ranking. Also, I know for a fact that Shalala personally pushed Yearby through admissions.

The problem isn't the players in the program. The problem is the way they play when they are in the program.

Advertisement

Even if Miami let in every single questionable grades type recruit, it would not have helped Shannon and Golden. They could have a team composed of all 5 star players and still lose 3 games.

Agree. People forget that at one point in time, Alabama hired the following coaches consecutively before hiring Saban:

Mike Dubose
Dennis Franchione
Mike Price
Mike Shula

That is 17 years worth of terrible coaching hires from a school that loves football above any other.

USC had a similar drought between John Robinson and Pete Carroll

They won a couple of rose bowls but they were stuck in that 6-9 wins a year thing from 1982 to 2000 despite having a lot of NFL pedigree come thru there

The local media needs to get on board the Fire AL campaign.

Need to get Dan Leretard to start using the race card. Only way we save ourselves. If you keep Golden after firing Randy Shannon, you're a racist!

Would like to see CiS do a front page story calling for the firing of Golden.
I already have one written for when he leaves. I wrote it when the Penn State stuff was happening. I only have to do a quick search and replace on a few words and maybe a brief paragraph about this season. It'll still do.

That's nice and all, but I want to see this site call for his firing here and on Twitter.

Advertisement
Back