Ever look at battles we're winning?

Advertisement
Jesus FSU will also get 5 stars Akers and Kaindoh. Their recruiting puts shame Miami's recruiting to shame.

FSU has won 37 national championships too.......

........In rating star recruiting.

Only three real championships.

What the **** is your point?

OK newbie, let me help you. Star worshippers are idiots. Teams win not by having their recruits given stars for their high school tape, but insteAd by having college men beat their opponents.

Jesus FSU will also get 5 stars Akers and Kaindoh. Their recruiting puts shame Miami's recruiting to shame.

OK newbie, let me help you. Star worshippers are idiots. Teams win not by having their recruits given stars for their high school tape, but insteAd by having college men beat their opponents.

Thats absolutely true. But it's also true that players with the most stars are the most likely to succeed. Not guaranteed to succeed, but the most likely. This doesn't always work with individuals, but with whole classes and multiple years of classes, it's pretty accurate. FACT is that teams with less than 50% 4/5* players almost never win a NC. Nobody's saying it can't be done, but it's real unlikely. So don't give me this crap about how stars don't matter... saban wins by being a real good coach AND getting the best recruits. I'm a Richt fan, but I have no illusions about him being a better coach than saban, so we're gonna need a boatload of stars.

Us

Thats absolutely true. But it's also true that players with the most stars are the most likely to succeed. Not guaranteed to succeed, but the most likely. This doesn't always work with individuals, but with whole classes and multiple years of classes, it's pretty accurate. FACT is that teams with less than 50% 4/5* players almost never win a NC. Nobody's saying it can't be done, but it's real unlikely. So don't give me this crap about how stars don't matter... saban wins by being a real good coach AND getting the best recruits. I'm a Richt fan, but I have no illusions about him being a better coach than saban, so we're gonna need a boatload of stars.

Not disagreeing with you on those points, but my point is that FSU has "out recruited" us for 10 years and is not Bama. In fact, it the truth be told, FSU should be on a 3 game loss streak to poor little us with all those stars...........

Stars are important. Programs that have won championships have done extremely well in the recruiting star system. The elite programs are consistenty in the top 10 in recruiting.

Advertisement
Us

Not disagreeing with you on those points, but my point is that FSU has "out recruited" us for 10 years and is not Bama. In fact, it the truth be told, FSU should be on a 3 game loss streak to poor little us with all those stars...........

Maybe they should be, but they aren't. Maybe it's not the stars, but they keep beating us.

Most stars doesn't mean you'll win a NC, but it's almost impossible to do it without the stars.

i see all these comments about the lack of WR talent in this class... while i agree that we have struck out on a couple guys i still think the kids we have coming back next year are going to be a HUGE surprise to not only us but to everyone else in the ACC... one name i dont see NEARLY enough brought up is Mullins, i think this kid can be a big play waiting to happen... having him made me not trip out on Bruce leaving, of course i wanted Bruce in a Canes uniform but i think Mullins will do big things on the field and will be a better overall teammate on and off the field

So fsu is going to get 5 star Kaindoh this Friday and now 5 star Cam Akers will announce on Dec. 27th. I really, really hate Fisher.

So fsu is going to get 5 star Kaindoh this Friday and now 5 star Cam Akers will announce on Dec. 27th. I really, really hate Fisher.

He can recruit. Get over it. Miami had the chance to beat them the last 3 years even though he is running circles around Miamis recruiting efforts. Richt just needs to beat him on the field next year!

Advertisement

He can recruit. Get over it. Miami had the chance to beat them the last 3 years even though he is running circles around Miamis recruiting efforts. Richt just needs to beat him on the field next year!

Exactly. We all know Richt is a genius X and O's guy and consistently out schemes opposing coaches.......oh wait.

Exactly. We all know Richt is a genius X and O's guy and consistently out schemes opposing coaches.......oh wait.

I actually think our staff for the first time in many many years showed the ability to coach up players and adjust during games on both sides of the ball. I think Richt was rusty calling plays in which he actually admitted early in the season. It's hard to truly know your talent based strictly off of practices in the off season. This team will only get better.

No one knows how good a class is until a couple years down the road anyways. You always have perceived 5* guys that don't live up to their potential and guys that get hurt, get in trouble or just transfer for some other reason. There are always guys that overperform their ranking

2014 Everyone raved over Hester he lasted all of 2 months. Njoku was the 833 player in the country and has been huge for 2 years now and going to be a stud in the pros.

Unfortunately most of Golden classes ended up being less than 10 players that contribute in anyway and the rest were fillers. I will reserve judgement on this class until they play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back