Ever look at battles we're winning?

Deejay will play WR in my opinion...

The only real complaint is that we aren't loading up at certain positions like most people thought we would. I'm worried about WR/CB too, but I get the impression the staff is where they want to be. They dropped Dingle even though many here think we're too light on WR. If that's a mistake, if they've so badly misjudged the team's situation then recruiting another WR is the least of our problems. Might as well sit back and let them do their thing.

My only concern heading into this recruiting cycle was OL, CB, and WR.

OL - Keeping Donaldson was beyond huge. I like Hillery and Dykstra as development guys. Like many have said, I think Gaynor's the center of the future and will likely red-shirt this year. If we get Herbert and Slaton like Pete thinks we will, then I give the O-line recruiting an A+. Right now I have it at a B+/A-.

CB - Bandy will get significant playing time and I'm not sure where Deejay fits in here. We've addressed safety with Gibson, Carter, and Smith. Dean looks like he'll be a flip and if we get Edwards back, then I'm happy with the group. Right now I give the recruiting a C+ for corners, but given the trend with the aforementioned guys, I'd give it an A-. Simply because we lost out on Davis and Henderson. But still a solid group if it goes that way.

WR - This is the one I'm still very concerned about. We have very little in terms of production coming back at the position. Right now the only receiver we have committed is Njoku who looks like he's developing into a physical monster. Having said that, we've struck out on Jeudy and Holloman and are now relying Smith and putting all our eggs in that basket. Harley's not a game changer, but he's a need given his speed at the position. Pete says he's coming, but with what we have committed right now and given that we need numbers, I'm going with a D-/F. You get Harley and Smith and possibly a quality JUCO, then I'm at a B/B+.

This is just my opinion though.

Solid analysis, O&G.

Easiest way to get him in the game.

Feels like he is getting overlooked bc he isn't listed as WR or DB

/ Wonder if UGA wanted DeeJay

Advertisement
This is an excellent class with very few reaches assuming we close with a few guys we are leading for

Perry
Welden
McFarland
Burns

Njoku
Harley

Polendy

Donaldson
Slaton
Herbert
Gaynor
Dykstra
Hillery

Ford
Concliffe

Garvin
DJ

Wilder
Jennings
Steed

Bandy
Dallas
Dean
Edwards

Carter
Gibson
Smith

Feagles

WR could use one more stud.
Dykstra and Hillery are development guys

Can't find one more guy that I think can not play at UM
Sounds good and my guess grad trasfer

Morans

DJ Johnson
DeeJay Dallas

And so on. Care to discuss their other offers?

McFarland?

Donaldson?

Bandy?
you fackin morans...

633610346589409100-morans.webp

Don't look at the stars ! We have a lot of 3 stars who can ball . And this coaching staff can develop these kids as we saw this year . We good . Trust richt

Great call on propping up the savages we sign that don't take a back seat to some of the more highly rated recruits. I always say it's not about who you don't sign. It's about who you do sign. Now we can't afford to be reaching, or signing players that don't belong in a power 5 school, but FSU signed a bunch of 4 start highly touted LB's last year, and I don't think there's a real Cane fan out there who would trade our 3 freshman LB's for their three freshman LB's, and McCloud and Pinkney were not as highly rated as those FSU kids. Neither of our 3 star linebackers were anything close to reaches despite their ranking. Kids still fall through the cracks somewhat. Look at the Gaynor kid. IMHO he's an elite recruit and has a shot to play some guard right away, and whoever starts at center in 2017 is just keeping the spot warm for him. He's a savage, and he's also a **** good athlete. He just plays at a school that doesn't get a lot of attention, so he hasn't got a lot of attention. We do need to close out the class at CB and WR, but CB looks like it will be ok, and so will WR if they can flip Harley, and sign one more decent baller. I always thought that at best we had a 50/50 shot at any one of Jeudy, Smith, or Holloman anyway. If we didn't have something else up our sleeve we would not have turned Dingle away.

Advertisement
You star whöres are cancer. We have a solid class right now & just have to finish strong on NSD.. unlike the last staff player development is an actual thing here. With that being said we need at least 2 more WRs. If you dont think the competant staff we have is under the radar working their asses off to fill spots idk what to tell you.

All the people hating on Richt's recruting are quite comical. When pete does interviews i wish he would ask the croots if they would have seriously considered miami under our last regime. Do you guys really believe DeeJay Dallas , McFarland or DJ Johnson **** even JJ even consider Miami under golden??? Because i sure as **** dont and Dallas is the glue that is keeping our class together.

This program was in a revolving door pf mediocrity for over a decade, but the gears are turning in the right direction. Before you guys keep hammering Richt for anything besides his play calling let him acquire some of his thoroughbreds and lets see how it plays out. Maybe Richt wont get us over the hump to our 6th ring i dunno, but having Richt puts our hats in the running for the gamechangers and we need that.

Scrolling the commit list, I think we are probably underrating the class we currently have committed and the job Richt has done. Both DJ's aren't here without Richt and a strong case could be made they're as talented as anyone in the class. I think he got us as far as anyone other than Saban could have gotten us in the battles for Jeudybags, Smith and Holloman. Amari Carter and Bandy are 2 other guys who in other years likely would have been a loss for Golden. Donaldson and Perry were already committed so it's hard to say they wouldn't be here with another coach, but they are both top prospects who had teams after them so credit to Richt for hanging on. Unlike Golden and Shannon, he doesn't fill his classes with JAGs. The rest of the list beyond those 6 studs are solid prospects and not reaches. The last positive is that it seems like we have what looks to be our biggest class of EE ever. Donaldson and Dallas may be day 1 starters so having them on campus immediately is huge.

All that said there's still meat left on the bone. Richt needs to add another 5+ studs over the next 6 weeks. McFarland would be a big one. Slaton and Harley are must gets. They need to get 2 more DBs out of Edwards/Dean/Henderson/Davis. That is the minimum expectation. If he can build on that and add a surprise or two then this class can push back into top 10 territory, which is really where any big time program needs to be with a new coach's first full year class. I don't think that's unrealistic and if we can't close out that minimum group it will be frustrating to have to scrape for grad transfers again.

Advertisement
The only real complaint is that we aren't loading up at certain positions like most people thought we would. I'm worried about WR/CB too, but I get the impression the staff is where they want to be. They dropped Dingle even though many here think we're too light on WR. If that's a mistake, if they've so badly misjudged the team's situation then recruiting another WR is the least of our problems. Might as well sit back and let them do their thing.

OL - Keeping Donaldson was beyond huge. I like Hillery and Dykstra as development guys. Like many have said, I think Gaynor's the center of the future and will likely red-shirt this year. If we get Herbert and Slaton like Pete thinks we will, then I give the O-line recruiting an A+. Right now I have it at a B+/A-.

CB - Bandy will get significant playing time and I'm not sure where Deejay fits in here. We've addressed safety with Gibson, Carter, and Smith. Dean looks like he'll be a flip and if we get Edwards back, then I'm happy with the group. Right now I give the recruiting a C+ for corners, but given the trend with the aforementioned guys, I'd give it an A-. Simply because we lost out on Davis and Henderson. But still a solid group if it goes that way.

WR - This is the one I'm still very concerned about. We have very little in terms of production coming back at the position. Right now the only receiver we have committed is Njoku who looks like he's developing into a physical monster. Having said that, we've struck out on Jeudy and Holloman and are now relying Smith and putting all our eggs in that basket. Harley's not a game changer, but he's a need given his speed at the position. Pete says he's coming, but with what we have committed right now and given that we need numbers, I'm going with a D-/F. You get Harley and Smith and possibly a quality JUCO, then I'm at a B/B+.

my exact thoughts as well. It could go either way...heading into signing day...a few flips and returns and were back to a big time class. Bringing Edwards back would be good, getting Concliffe as well.

Extremely well written. When you add other recruits in, like Perry, Deejay, D.J., Garvin, etc., this is a really good class, one that is giving us real Miami depth in most positions. We need one more class to complete the restocking of talent.

Extremely well written. When you add other recruits in, like Perry, Deejay, D.J., Garvin, etc., this is a really good class, one that is giving us real Miami depth in most positions. We need one more class to complete the restocking of talent.

Besides Donaldson, DJ, and Perry, it's true that we don't have many elite national recruits. However, almost every player in this class can be well above-average, and it's nice to see that we don't have a bunch of Golden specials either. With another year for Richt & co. to solidify relationships, and with a good year on the field, we should be in position for a truly great haul in 2018.

South Florida has so much talent it's easy for kids to get somewhat buried in terms of stars and being overlooked. For other universities it's important because they need a way to triage and sort through players. But this is our backyard. Recruiting site stars aren't as important for us since we just go down the street and go to games and practices. We don't need a Cristobal like Alabama does to have roots in the area, we already are the roots in the area. As long as our staff makes the effort to get out and develop relationships with community guys they'll assess players on their own. I sure hope they aren't recruiting our own territory based off of stars.

That being said, the class is in great position if we solidify the o-line and secondary. We will be short at WR but it's not like we were deep there this year. A lot of that will be dependent on Cager, Harris, Mullins, and can little njoku play early, Herndon and Irvin filling the role of d. Njoku, and who's throwing them the ball. O-line and running game will only be better. There is enough for the offense to take a step forward next year.

I'm far from a recruiting expert, but letting Dingle go and now just Njoku in the class +/- Harley could mean a 3 things:
1. They underestimated things and it blew up in our faces.
2. There are other WRs in this class we don't know about.
3. There's a lot of WR talent in the 2018 class. Maybe they want to use scholarships this year in other positions of need (signing 8 guys in the secondary) and not wasting scholarships on WRs that are just bodies to fill out roster space so they can take 6 (or however many) WRs next year? They went big trying to get Jeudy, Holloman, and Smith, struck out, so move on to next year for difference makers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
South Florida has so much talent it's easy for kids to get somewhat buried in terms of stars and being overlooked. For other universities it's important because they need a way to triage and sort through players. But this is our backyard. Recruiting site stars aren't as important for us since we just go down the street and go to games and practices. We don't need a Cristobal like Alabama does to have roots in the area, we already are the roots in the area. As long as our staff makes the effort to get out and develop relationships with community guys they'll assess players on their own. I sure hope they aren't recruiting our own territory based off of stars.

That being said, the class is in great position if we solidify the o-line and secondary. We will be short at WR but it's not like we were deep there this year. A lot of that will be dependent on Cager, Harris, Mullins, and can little njoku play early, Herndon and Irvin filling the role of d. Njoku, and who's throwing them the ball. O-line and running game will only be better. There is enough for the offense to take a step forward next year.

I'm far from a recruiting expert, but letting Dingle go and now just Njoku in the class +/- Harley could mean a 3 things:
1. They underestimated things and it blew up in our faces.
2. There are other WRs in this class we don't know about.
3. There's a lot of WR talent in the 2018 class. Maybe they want to use scholarships this year in other positions of need (signing 8 guys in the secondary) and not wasting scholarships on WRs that are just bodies to fill out roster space so they can take 6 (or however many) WRs next year? They went big trying to get Jeudy, Holloman, and Smith, struck out, so move on to next year for difference makers.

Regarding point #3 , I've never been a fan of undersigning today assuming you'll get studs tomorrow (bird in the hand). It looks to me like we've got room in this class without cramping next year's class, so I'd rather see a WR project than the assumption that we'll obviously get better guys next year. If we get everybody next year some of these guys will be asked to move along just like every year. And as far as filling the spots with DBs, it doesn't look like that's happening either. I'm still assuming this isn't a huge cluster of **** and that the staff has a handle on things.

Jesus FSU will also get 5 stars Akers and Kaindoh. Their recruiting puts shame Miami's recruiting to shame.

We're looking good in some spots but we're looking like an epic fail at WR and CB is a big concern too.

This is what makes no sense. From the beginning of the season yall have been told we won't reach for any players at wr. This year's class isn't worried about wr just some fillers unless we pull elite kids. We only targeted 2 elite kids,3 if you include Holloman. Whether yall wanna hear it or not reality is numbers do matter in this game & there is far too many elite wr we ARE bringing in next year. It's not an answer yall like but you've been told it all year. So expecting anything else is simply setting yourselves up for failure

Jesus FSU will also get 5 stars Akers and Kaindoh. Their recruiting puts shame Miami's recruiting to shame.

We're looking good in some spots but we're looking like an epic fail at WR and CB is a big concern too.

This is what makes no sense. From the beginning of the season yall have been told we won't reach for any players at wr. This year's class isn't worried about wr just some fillers unless we pull elite kids. We only targeted 2 elite kids,3 if you include Holloman. Whether yall wanna hear it or not reality is numbers do matter in this game & there is far too many elite wr we ARE bringing in next year. It's not an answer yall like but you've been told it all year. So expecting anything else is simply setting yourselves up for failure

Didn't you also say for months we were getting Smith and Holloman.

Advertisement
this will be our best class we have had in 10 years. Also if you remember people wer hating our our class last season and yet it turned out to be the most talent filled one in 3-4 years. **** we had 3 first team freshman AA.

That's not founded in anything besides blind optimism. Last seasons class had a 50/50 blue chip ratio this class is way below that.

Yup. & as of now nothing has changed with devonta that I know of. Far as Holloman I told the few people I conversation with atleast a month before that unless we changed our tune & offered his brother his mother would not let him commit to us... I like that though. Nice try with that. By the way just cause a kid is a silent doesn't mean he sticks with them in the end. Feel free to put that on me though if it makes you feel relevant.

Yup. & as of now nothing has changed with devonta that I know of. Far as Holloman I told the few people I conversation with atleast a month before that unless we changed our tune & offered his brother his mother would not let him commit to us... I like that though. Nice try with that. By the way just cause a kid is a silent doesn't mean he sticks with them in the end. Feel free to put that on me though if it makes you feel relevant.

We keep hearing about next year... every year.... that's the problem. We shouldn't have to offer Holloman's brother. To do that sets a precedent where every blue chip recruit in the future holds us up for a commit for a friend or relative or whatever. I've never criticized you like some and that's on them... You've forgotten more than I'll ever know and I value your info and input. That said, no one can guarantee Pope or Hightower or any other stud WR next year. NSD 2017 is in 6 weeks and we got Njoku and that's it right now.

Advertisement
Back