Elite Prospect Weekend is here!

It's crazy people don't see this as an issue when evaluating qbs. I'm not saying this because of what you said here. I'm saying people miss on certain positions so often because such stock is put on a kid making a throw in a flag football setting at best when they are allowed to simply sit back and pick a target with no threat to themselves. A QB is a QB when he can stare down that pressure knowing he's about to get crushed and still throw a dime... No other time impresses me. Same with wr and cbs.
Said the same exact **** about Ewers last time and no one believed me lol

Advertisement
That Fletcher kid in for a rude awakening when bamadont offer cause of his speed. They do not recruit running backs if u can't run away from people. Don't circle back young man I hope we full and he get stuck at uf or fsu

Cristobal pulled Hykeem Williams into his office for a private chat as he was leaving.

Four-star Stranahan High School wide receiver Hykeem Williams enjoyed talking with coach Mario Cristobal one-on-one just before he was about to leave the Elite Prospect Day. “He said I am number one on his list,” Williams said. “He made it clear that they want me and they need me. He says we can change the program together.” Miami is in a strong standing for Williams. “I always got love for Miami. It is a great environment."

That Fletcher kid in for a rude awakening when bamadont offer cause of his speed. They do not recruit running backs if u can't run away from people. Don't circle back young man I hope we full and he get stuck at uf or fsu
I don't know man.

Trey Sanders, while he was a 5 star, that guy is awful. He may be the worst, at least Bama, RB I've seen. No wiggle no big speed and for a guy his size, he don't do nothing with it.

But otherwise him, being the outlier you're right, I'd agree with ya.

Advertisement
To summarize, WE GETTING EVERYBODY!
It was a good high level summary for each guy on campus. I haven’t heard anybody committing yet, but at least we got these guys on campus which is more than Manny did. We need to stay focused on them throughout the process and hope they don’t commit during their other visits.

Advertisement
We have turned away multiple commitments so far this weekend from top guys and *that* is what excites the **** out of me, personally. It’s not that they didn’t want to commit, it’s we didn’t accept it. Sound familiar to anyone following Mario’s method?
Mario gets it. Decommitments are worse than commitments

Lake Gibson says FSU - they have an FSU coach IIRC.
Good example of non-LHS related Lakeland big bro. How soon we forget about the Williams Bros.(Vince, Karlos), Derwin James, Freddie Stevenson, Baveon Johnson, etc. Take a guess where Odell Haggins is from...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Saturday was the first time Bradenton IMG Academy five-star offensive lineman Francis Mauigoa stepped foot on Miami’s campus. It wasn’t the first time he met Mario Cristobal and Alex Mirabal though.

“It was good. They explained to us the new plan that they have and the mentality that I like. It’s pretty much simple to home. I come from an island paradise. There’s palm trees everywhere. I can see myself over here,” Mauigoa told InsideTheU.

Getting a chance to meet back up with those coaches was a big deal.

“When they were at Oregon, I went over there on a visit to kind of get that relationship in with them. [Cristobal] seems like a pretty good guy. He’s cool. I can see myself playing for him,” Mauigoa said.

The nation’s No. 2 offensive tackle got a look at some of Miami’s facilities and came away feeling good about them. It sounds like the people will matter more than the things at the end of the day.

“It was actually nice, the weight room. It’s actually about the mentality and the people around you. I didn’t really look at the things of the college, but I really looked at the people and the people who was around. You got to be around the people and that’s the culture. They said it’s the people who create the culture, not the facilities,” Mauigoa said.

Mirabal is a guy Mauigoa has a lot of respect for.

“Coach Mirabal, man, he’s crazy good. He’s got a little body but he can control big guys. I’m really impressed. He’s my guy. He’s my guy,” Mauigoa said.

The only visit Mauigoa has lined up is to USC next weekend.

Advertisement
Did any of them use their official visits for this weekend or all of them unofficial?

I don’t think so. He wants to go somewhere he can win a title, he isn’t doing that at Ole miss. I understand all the family connection but I cant imagine the Manning family wanting there son to be coached by Lane kiffin. Think this is a UGA, bama Clemson battle.
He wants to go somewhere to start as a freshman is what I’m hearing

Advertisement
Back