Ed Not Returning To LSU

I would think Freeze would be the first phone call. Hire someone that you know can beat Saban instead of one his disciple that he basically owns.

Advertisement
Coach O. was originally hired because he was a cheaper option than Jimbo Fisher or Tom Herman after Les Miles’s firing. LSU was still paying Miles until he eventually took Job at Kansas. Only thing Ed did right was hire Joe Brady in his 2nd season, who completely transformed LSU offense. He was a mediocre coach before LSU and at LSU with exception of 1 year. Like what was said in earlier post, behind the scenes at LSU the program fell into the likes of Baylor’s during Art Briles’s tenure. He was probably out this year regardless of wins/losses due to his lack of leadership on and off the field. 2 reasons for Contract negotiation 1. LSU’s way of thanking him for natty. 2. LSU’s way of trying to save their programs off the fields image. LSU Probably could have gotten away without paying him.
Lsu got turned down by fisher

I mean we think manny is bad but this **** is straight next level had. Brady really saved his ***
It doesn't sound like they are fully firing him for being a corch per se, but just making continued poor personal judgments as well....

where else is a story like that unfolding...... hmmmmmm

Advertisement
I mean we think manny is bad but this **** is straight next level had. Brady really saved his ***

6-2, 9-4, 10-3, 15-0. That is steadily improving the team. Did he get lucky and win a championship? Sure, but as the saying goes Luck=preparation+opportunity. He built a solid team year by year then took a chance on a nobody named Joe Brady (when he hired him did you think- wow, now LSU is going to shatter offensive records? I doubt it). The team was prepared, Ed O had recruited well so the team had lots of talent, they were physically tough, he hired an elite DC (the one Richt wanted), and Joe Brady completed the puzzle.

As I said in another post, I am baffled by the "he caught lightning in a bottle" dismissal of his accomplishments at LSU. Lightning in a bottle is Larry Coker inheriting an elite team and not having to do a single thing to win a ring. Orgeron rebuilt that program. I don't understand why this is hard to accept. You can say he's a bad fit for lots of reasons, but I think its disingenuous to diminish what he managed to do at LSU.

Advertisement
6-2, 9-4, 10-3, 15-0. That is steadily improving the team. Did he get lucky and win a championship? Sure, but as the saying goes Luck=preparation+opportunity. He built a solid team, took a chance on a nobody named Joe Brady (when he hired him did you think- wow, now LSU is going to shatter offensive records? I doubt it). The team was prepared, Ed O had recruited well so the team had lots of talent, they were physically tough, he hired an elite DC (the one Richt wanted), and Joe Brady was completed the puzzle. As I said in another post, I am baffled by the "he caught lightning in a bottle" dismissal of his accomplishments at LSU. Lightning in a bottle is Larry Coker inheriting an elite team and not having to do a single thing to win a ring. Orgeron rebuilt that program. I don't understand why this is hard to accept. You can say he's a bad fit for lots of reasons, but I think its disingenuous to diminish what he managed to do at LSU.
He hired Brady from the saints I believe.
les miles hired aranda before Eddie even took over as interim.

He hired Brady from the saints I believe.
les miles hired aranda before Eddie even took over as interim.

Did Brady call plays with the Saints? Had he been a playcalling OC at any level? I believe the answer is no. He didn't even have full play calling responsibilities at LSU. You are right on Aranda, Ed O still decided to retain him. However, unless LSU has some rule that no other program has, a new HC isn't obligated to retain the previous HCs staff. Deciding which staff members to keep (if any) from the previous HC is actually an important coaching decision. How much better off would Diaz have been if he'd dumped Rumph when Diaz took over?

Don’t sleep on LSU making a run at Joe Brady!! I know y’all think he is a NFL guy but the ties to LSU run deep!
I would ******* love that - he's so not ready.

His QB tried to call two TOs in a row today. You think he's ready to run a major P5 program like LSU?

Make it happen, lord.

Did Brady call plays with the Saints? Had he been a playcalling OC at any level? I believe the answer is no. He didn't even have full play calling responsibilities at LSU. You are right on Aranda, Ed O still decided to retain him. However, unless LSU has some rule that no other program has, a new HC isn't obligated to retain the previous HCs staff. Deciding which staff members to keep (if any) from the previous HC is actually an important coaching decision. How much better off would Diaz have been if he'd dumped Rumph when Diaz took over?
No, Brady was an 'offensive assistant' at the Saints, which is where he picked up his golden ticket - Sean Peyton's playbook.

Advertisement
Did Brady call plays with the Saints? Had he been a playcalling OC at any level? I believe the answer is no. He didn't even have full play calling responsibilities at LSU. You are right on Aranda, Ed O still decided to retain him. Unless LSU has some rule that no other program has, a new HC isn't obligated to retain the previous HCs staff.
Eddie was part of the previous staff. he was the dl coach under aranda (dave actually retaindd him).

Brady was the oa under sean Payton. He was the pass game coordinator and wr coach. He designed their entire passing o that took a monumental leap their nc year

No and never plan to. Had a chance to visit New Orleans a couple of years ago when I was visiting New York. I said nah.
New Orleans is a gem of a city. If you ever have the chance to visit, particularly during Jazzfest, do it. It’s an incredible place if you avoid Bourbon St.

Having said that, the locals down there are a unique group in just about every way.

Advertisement
New Orleans is a gem of a city. If you ever have the chance to visit, particularly during Jazzfest, do it. It’s an incredible place if you avoid Bourbon St.

Having said that, the locals down there are a unique group in just about every way.
nila is one of my favorite cities to visit. Food is awesome. Locals are super nice. The off quarter areas are fun.

Kansas got LSU off the hook for Miles buyout when they hired him so what they owe is the 17 for O and Bob Shaw and a couple of his buddies will take care of that without blinking…

Advertisement
Back