Early Morning Haselwood update

Advertisement
They didn't feel the need to make changes to the staff because they felt they had Jadon coming in. A lot of QB's wanted to leave due to the Kelly Bryant thing.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but that makes zero sense. A WR, no matter how good he is, isn't going to dramatically change a struggling offense. An unstoppable RB and o-line? Maybe. A rock star QB? Quite possibly. But you could have brought Jerry Rice onto this team and it wasn't magically curing everything with the multitude of issues we have.

Advertisement
Gentlemen,

Most on here were very confident Jadon would not be here. He said he wants to go somewhere where they pass the rock. I'm sure seeing his future QB complete 45% of his passes for 108 yrds on 23 attempts/per game (last 6 games as starter) turned him off. And then to hear JW looking to get out put the nail in the coffin. Bags may have played a role, but on field comfort was probably the biggest factor.

Yes. He was. He was shocked. That's why Miami feels so ****ed up. Thomas Brown better be scared. Heads getting fired for this.

so, at the risk of appearing really dumb, let me understand. Jadon basically had "incentives' coming at him from multiple sources over the past 6 months or so; Oklahoma, Miami and probably UGA at the least. He didn't hide it. The end goal was to maximize the last "incentive," and somewhere along the way he decided he would end up at Oklahoma. He may have been interested in Miami initially but our field performance and other issues put us right out of it. I am going to assume his dad was in on this and probably his "mentor" Darrin Hood.

His coach had no idea. What about his mother? The rest of his entourage?

does that seem like a fair assessment?

Not going to lie, I thought this kid was genuine. I really felt for him with regard to his friend's murder. I also feel very badly for Ron Dugans. Wow.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back