2024 Dylan Stewart 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
You telling me Kirby was the only one learning the bag game at Alabama?
Nope. Not at all... Past that I'm not answering YOUR question. But while you choose to give Kirby credit for everything at bama, you're consciously choosing not to give Mario any. You guys just choose to talk **** about Mario(supposedly y'all's teams head coach)to no end. Kirby has built a monster over there (due to the staff he has compiled & dirty games) but it took him time to do. And that was with a far more advanced model than we had here. So why wouldn't y'all be bright enough to give Mario that same time. No God **** team was built overnight yet y'all just refuse to stop. It's annoying as ****. Every God **** thing that happens y'all act like the world is coming to an end. But whenever something positive is said y'all turn around and say something negative to offset it. Y'all just natural pain freaks...

Advertisement
Oh it's debatable if you go by longevity instead of one year! You putting up one year of dykes against Mario whole career!...blah you tripping! What else has dykes done....go ahead I'll wait
dykes was good at SMU.

mario was good at oregon.

what mario and dykes have done in their new jobs is 1 has taken them to a title game and their best season ever and the other went 5-7. that is what theyre judged against for me. you dont have to agree and i dont actually care if you do. 5-7 burned every ounce of goodwill and talk. hes 5-7 at miami where i care most about. be a better coach and we know mario has been a good coach in the past. time to prove it here especially since the BS long turnarounds arent a thing anymore. you can win in a quicker fashion now in college. only year 2 tho so hes gotta def prove his money this year. excuses and firings can buy some time off of 5-7 but b2b bad years, not looking good.

To be perfectly clear Kirby tags in with dbs but he's not coaching them. Mario does coach a unit. He is coaching the interior lineman & helps throughout the line. That's what makes him and mirabel tough to beat is between them for lineman they've put in and developed plenty of kids who they've put in the league. Can't lie though. As much of a clown as Kirby is, his name pulls weight for dbs.
instead of a unit i meant a side. Meaning Kirby can call plays on defense. Yes Mario does coach the ol unit.

dykes was good at SMU.

what mario and dykes have done in their new jobs is 1 has taken them to a title game and their best season ever and the other went 5-7. that is what theyre judged against for me. you dont have to agree and i dont actually care if you do. 5-7 burned every ounce of goodwill and talk. hes 5-7 at miami where i care most about. be a better coach and we know mario has been a good coach in the past. time to prove it here especially since the BS long turnarounds arent a thing anymore. you can win in a quicker fashion now in college. only year 2 tho so hes gotta def prove his money this year. excuses and firings can buy some time off of 5-7 but b2b bad years, not looking good.
Oh, I don't agree! And did you think dykes might've had a better situation to begin with. And, if you're a canes fan You would know we had big problems But you didn't mention that!

Oh, I don't agree! And did you think dykes might've had a better situation to begin with. And, if you're a canes fan You would know we had big problems But you didn't mention that!
LOL. TCU was worse than miami the last four years before Dykes took over. @Rellyrell you had a great post about this nonsense excuse making. that should be pinned forever. ****, duke was one of the worst p5 teams in the country if not the worst and won 9 games in year 1 with a first time hC in our conference in our division. every ****** team has issues. miami is not alone in that but somehow 5-7 is okay bc miami is the only team ever that had issues.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL. TCU was worse than miami the last four years before Dykes took over. @Rellyrell you had a great post about this nonsense excuse making. that should be pinned forever. ****, duke was one of the worst p5 teams in the country if not the worst and won 9 games in year 1 with a first time hC in our conference in our division. every ****** team has issues. miami is not alone in that but somehow 5-7 is okay bc miami is the only team ever that had issues.
Excuses! Ok, a little extreme after one year! But, I will keep it moving cuz your very solid on your stance but we cane fans (family) so I respect your position!

dykes was good at SMU.

TrumpyCane guesses his time at Cal is forgotten by you?

TrumpyCane guesses his time at Cal is forgotten by you?
it was not, however, hes a coach that took a team to a title game. are you saying thats worse than anything our coaches have done bc that would be the single greatest season since 02 for us. not only did he take a team to a title team, he took a sub 500 team for the last 4 seasons to a title game (their first ever). if you wanna say he sucks, sure, but we can say his accomplishment last year is better than anything our last 5 coaches have done in a single season in their entire career (this includes Mario).

Advertisement
I always assume you guys can walk and talk and I take it as a foregone conclusion there's some intelligence also. With that as a given why can't anyone apply context... There is moving parts involved in team sports. On offense our team was built for lashlee offense and corched into that system. We ran a zone blocking scheme. Than to top that off our injuries set it even further off the rail. On defense we were built to Mandy's scheme which utilized pure deception and not much else. In both instances what was brought in and that we're polar opposites. That's not an excuse to say we should've been that bad. It's definitely not an excuse. But don't compare the success or failures of one team opposed to another if they don't have the same circumstances.

it was not, however, hes a coach that took a team to a title game. are you saying thats worse than anything our coaches have done bc that would be the single greatest season since 02 for us.

He’s a middling coach who got lucky one year and benfitted from UT and Oklahoma being dumpster fires in a weak conference

He’s sucked or been mediocre at every single stop he’s been at

In 12 seasons as a HC he’s had double digit wins twice and in 12 seasons has won a conference title only 1 time

TrumpyCane not even a big Mario fan but imagine propping up Sonny Dykes because he had one season

Next thing you’ll tell TrumpyCane is Gene Chizik is a great head coach

Oh it's debatable if you go by longevity instead of one year! You putting up one year of dykes against Mario whole career!...blah you tripping! What else has dykes done....go ahead I'll wait
Developed Goff into a #1 pick. But his defenses at Cal were LITERALLY the worst defenses of all time. That's not even being sarcastic. He turned around Cal pretty solid. But he recruited poorly and never got the defense side right.

That's why I think he worked well at TCU. TCU may have been bad prior to him, but they did have talent and were mainly a defensive focused team for like the entire decade leading up to Dykes arriving. His offense works - at least against the non Bama/UGAs of the world where the talent disadvantage is too large to overcome.

Id take Mario over Dykes for sure. But I do like Dykes. He's just maxed out at a school like TCU/Cal, rather than say deserving the Texas type of job.

Nope. Not at all... Past that I'm not answering YOUR question. But while you choose to give Kirby credit for everything at bama, you're consciously choosing not to give Mario any. You guys just choose to talk **** about Mario(supposedly y'all's teams head coach)to no end. Kirby has built a monster over there (due to the staff he has compiled & dirty games) but it took him time to do. And that was with a far more advanced model than we had here. So why wouldn't y'all be bright enough to give Mario that same time. No God **** team was built overnight yet y'all just refuse to stop. It's annoying as ****. Every God **** thing that happens y'all act like the world is coming to an end. But whenever something positive is said y'all turn around and say something negative to offset it. Y'all just natural pain freaks...

Mario needs to adapt like Kirby has. Too many rookie coach mistakes last year. As a HC on game day Kirby, like Mario, was considered by many a corch. As you said, he hired great assistants and let them work.

We’ll see if Mario does the same….

People give Mario credit where it is due. Other people are overly critical. Others create a false narrative around Mario’s ability on the positive side.

5-7. Slow hirings firings. A disastrous staff. Blown out multiple times at home. Embarrassed by FSU after inviting a recruit showcase. Inept gameday coaching. Questions around the portal. Recruiting at a standstill.

Yea. The hope and sunshine has worn off for a few folks and some have moved into show me mode…

Here’s an example: fans are excited to see what Dawson has up his sleeve. If you tell most of those same excited fans, it’s Dawson running Mario’s offense, that excitement is cut in half at a minimum…

Advertisement

5-7. Slow hirings firings. A disastrous staff. Blown out multiple times at home. Embarrassed by FSU after inviting a recruit showcase. Inept gameday coaching. Questions around the portal. Recruiting at a standstill.

I'm still on board with CMC

But the first round of hires scare me to death, how can you be hustled in an interview by Josh Gattis like that?

. On offense our team was built for lashlee offense and corched into that system. We ran a zone blocking scheme. Than to top that off our injuries set it even further off the rail.

And switching to a pro style system and blocking scheme that was the total opposite was Cristobals deliberate choice. If he had hired a Dawson (or someone running a similar system) then I think the offense is vastly better. Dawson used a ton of inside zone runs at Houston. So a HC doing something dumb and ill advised (many people said hiring Gattis was a terrible decision) is not a very good excuse for failure.

Advertisement
Mario needs to adapt like Kirby has. Too many rookie coach mistakes last year. As a HC on game day Kirby, like Mario, was considered by many a corch. As you said, he hired great assistants and let them work. 5-7. Slow hirings firings. A disastrous staff. Blown out multiple times at home. Embarrassed by FSU after inviting a recruit showcase. Inept gameday coaching. Questions around the portal. Recruiting at a standstill.
He needs a dynamic AHC who handles a lot of this while he slides into more of a GM role.

**** i come back 6 pages later its chaos.

Ima make some general statements and not some statements in a vacuum let losing out on players we are after driving my thought process. The way some of yall are talking is the reason they gave Cristobal a 10 year contract. Because 1 season and yall ready to bin man. Lanning just got an extension with the team Cristobal built. I cannot explain or excuse 5-7 but i couldnt explain Saban going 6-6, or Kirby going 7-5 either. But i know Cristobal is gonna build a double digit win team, he gonna make us respected, he gonna get us high level recruits and he gonna get us high draft picks. Will he win us a title, i dont know. Very few coaches in CFB have won a title. Lincoln Riley, Day and Harbaugh are great coaches, they haven't won a title.

I see man arguing over Dykes v Cristobal off 1 year. Whichever side u land on, it will make no difference. Zero, just yelling into the void. 1 man said 5-7 soured him on Mario, let me say it again, 10 year contract. 10. He will be given time to revamp the program, including the building of the new facilities.

When he got hired thats what i thought about, not just 2022 season, not just 1 recruiting class, the whole thing on and off the field. Sometimes u take steps back before steps forward.

Man on here blowing Norvell, thought he was a joke after 2 losing seasons. FSU fans as well, now they the talk of the town

Michigan fans wanted Harbaugh out of there. And dont give me his record, they didnt care. Losing to Ohio yearly to them, is like how mediocrity is to us. Programs at different stages and levels.

Justin Fuente went into VT after Beamer won 10 games, flamed out after that

Fedora won 10 games at UNC, flamed out after that.

UGA fans specifically after UF won the east in covid season were souring on Kirby, a guy who played for a title, they were mad about players leaving GA, and some felt he hit his ceiling with Richt players.

3 str8 title games, 2 titles and they are silent.

Cristobal is not Kirby, but 2020 Kirby is not this Kirby 2023 either.

Let the man work.
1, 2 seasons even, are simply snapshots

Look at your own life and compare 3 years ago to now.

Last edited:

I avoid commenting on CIS because I cant handle the negativity and constant roller coaster that the majority of the board seems to put themselves through. But i just couldn't help but add to this.

Mario was ALREADY on track at Oregon with becoming a top tier program. He wasn't yet National Championship level but College Football Playoff was well within reach and Conference Champion was an expectation yearly and he delivered multiple.

He left that job to take this job and a significant amount of fans have already turned on him because of what he was paid / disappointing first year results?

News flash he was offered the same money at Oregon to stay. That would have been the easy route. Nike Money, Pac 12 schedule and a lot lower expectations and a place where nearly every coach in the last 15 years has had success.

Instead he took the hard way. He decided to take on a program that has become a dumpster fire for Coaching careers, hadn't won anything in years and had zero recruiting juice in their own f*cking state. South Florida has basically an SEC recruiting grounds.

"Fans" seem to think it was a no brainer for Mario to come back to Miami but seem to ignore just how bad the program had become over the last 15 years and how poorly the administration had neglected athletics.

Last season being as bad as it was made his job even harder. Most likely delayed the comeback and although I don't know if I believe Mario is going to be able to do I don't think it's because he's not a proven coach and I am not going to root against him.

I just think it was a much harder rebuild if the goal is sustained success than a big group of fans want to accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back