Duke @ Miami -3.5

Advertisement
1675738201170.gif

Advertisement
81-59. That should raise some eyebrows around the country.

Duke board blaming loss on ACC schedulers who had them traveling with only 2 days rest after UNC. Oh, and the refs who let UM get away with murder.

Ask them to check the date, opponent, and location of the last game we played.

PUSSIES!

Advertisement
A few thoughts, some of which a few of us have been hammering all season
1. Jordan Miller is a zone killer. As soon as duke went to the zone in the first half, Coach subbed Miller back in the game for Walker. Miller is a maestro from the high post. NBA will be all over this young man.
2. Who were gthe people on CIS critical of Poplar??? His athleticism is important. He blocked a 3 point shot though he was about 6 feet away when he took off. And then completes it with the dunk. I know he can be inconsistent but his athleticism is at such a different level.
And how completes his night by CUFFING a dunk. That is dunk contest level.
3. Omier making me look stupid for staying that we need more Casey against tall teams. I was right and wrong. Duke is tall but for too skinny/slight to deal with Omier.
4. Nigel Pack scores 5 points and kept passing the ball. Very mature game by Pack.
5. Wong played within the offense for the most part. He is good but he is better when he lets the game come to him.

For anyone who went to the game, how would you finish this sentence? This was the best home crowd since __________

1. Jordan Miller is a zone killer. As soon as duke went to the zone in the first half, Coach subbed Miller back in the game for Walker. Miller is a maestro from the high post. NBA will be all over this young man.
2. Who were gthe people on CIS critical of Poplar??? His athleticism is important. He blocked a 3 point shot though he was about 6 feet away when he took off. And then completes it with the dunk. I know he can be inconsistent but his athleticism is at such a different level.
3. Omier making me look stupid for staying that we need more Casey against tall teams. I was right and wrong. Duke is tall but for too skinny/slight to deal with Omier.
4. Nigel Pack scores 5 points and kept passing the ball. Very mature game by Pack.
5. Wong played within the offense for the most part. He is good but he is better when he lets the game come to him.

For anyone who went to the game, how would you finish this sentence? This was the best home crowd since __________
6 assists for Pack. Great game.

was at the game. total domination from the first minute. the only thing Duke has is size and we were able to overcome it today versus the last game.

the crowd could have been better, still plenty of good seats could have been filled.

we had burgers at the Titanic afterwards, i staked out my table for the 2/17 prize fight.

some male b@tch cut in front of us and another 15 people waiting in line and sat down while everyone else was waiting in line. we ejected them involuntarily from the table and we almost had to resolve it outside. what is wrong with people!

great win, best win in a few years. most complete and most dominate game we've played in a long while. peaking at the right time!

Advertisement
Jit definitely has NBA athleticism, we know he'll defend and they said tonight that he has a deadly midrange game. If he shows a consistent ability to create his own shot and 3 point range, we may be looking at our next 1st rounder...
He needs to transition to a true guard role. In this offense Poplar basically plays small forward. If he can improve his ball handling and stay consistent with his 3 point shooting the sky is the limit for any player with that level of athletic ability. Poplar can simply do things that very few people can do on the basketball court.

I have not been "critical" of Poplar. Him and Benz last year reminded me of the freshman year for Wong and Bev. You could see the talent, but they made a lot of freshman mistakes.

Here's what I see with Poplar. His height and long arms/legs make it a bit hard for him to be a smooth ball-handler. It's easy for the other team to swipe and steal from him. On the other hand, his bounciness is really helpful when we are running, as well as on rebounding. Wooga, Jordan, and Chad are like pogo sticks, they just keep gaining altitude.

Earlier in the year, I wanted to see Benz start over Wooga, I felt the sacrifice in height was worth it for Benz's ball-handling and lack of turnovers, particularly when Pack was struggling as a point.

But I love both Wooga and Benz.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have not been "critical" of Poplar. Him and Benz last year reminded me of the freshman year for Wong and Bev. You could see the talent, but they made a lot of freshman mistakes.

Here's what I see with Poplar. His height and long arms/legs make it a big hard for him to be a smooth ball-handler. It's easy for the other team to swipe and steal from him. On the other hand, his bounciness is really helpful when we are running, as well as on rebounding. Wooga, Jordan, and Chad are like pogo sticks, they just keep gaining altitude.

Earlier in the year, I wanted to see Benz start over Wooga, I felt the sacrifice in height was worth it for Benz's ball-handling and lack of turnovers, particularly when Pack was struggling as a point.

But I love both Wooga and Benz.
All valid points and an interesting critique of Poplar’s advantages and disadvantages.
I like him because he just brings an X factor with his athleticism. He should also have the ability to become a real defensive presence if he is willing to make put in the work. I will also add that I thank the 3 point shot he blocked got into the head of the shooter who seemed hesitant to shoot afterwards.

Remember how much his injury impacted the GaTech game? We played terrible and Omier’s fouls were a killer but Poplar was an immediate impact player but just could not go very long.

I have been a Poplar hater all year but the last few games he’s stepped up. He makes some boneheaded decisions but what soph doesn’t? If he keeps it up, this team will go places.

Advertisement
Back