Duke at Miami (2-1-21) on ESPN at 7 pm

Advertisement
Whoa. Beverly is playing through a herniated back injury. That would put most of his critics out of work for 6 months.

Sorry, that last silly turnover has not changed my perception of Beverly, who also shoots too much (most on the team, 8 attempts in first half today, next closest is 6) but the way he passes, maybe that's not an option either. Best is his drives. Anyway, there goes the lead faster than I can type.

Advertisement
Sure we can’t shoot, but our effort to attack a zone is non existent. This has been a problem with every L team lately. Poor coaching

Advertisement
How is a Division 1 basketball team this pathetic against a zone. Its not like they are playing Cuse every game who plays zone exclusively and has perfected it...most of these opponents are playing zone bc they have scouted Miami and know they suck *** against it. Pretty incredible that this is the best they can do against it which is basically stand around and jack up bricks from deep...

When you've got talented players, particularly on the perimeter you can simply run a zone offense and rely on their talents to score, But Miami doesn't have that. They're relying on turnovers and transition to get points right now. It's pretty evident to me that they need to run some zone plays when they're in their half court offense. They don't have enough skilled guards to constantly run motion and solely rely on that to score points. They need to get into some sets and execute.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly, I am tired of hearing about injuries. Especially for a school affiliated with a hospital. I would think Miami would handle injuries better than what they do.

We don't need to hear about every hangnail or jammed finger, but a f cking herniated disc is a significant injury that he arguably shouldn't even be playing through. There's no reason whatsoever to sit on that for months.

We don't need to hear about every hangnail or jammed finger, but a f cking herniated disk is a significant injury that he arguably shouldn't even be playing through. There's no reason whatsoever to sit on that for months.
They mentioned it on a broadcast back in December. I remember commenting at the time that it might explain his awful free throw shooting.

Advertisement
Back