DT Simeon Barrow, Jr. commits to Miami

View as article
What?! I graduated in ‘03 and that was going on then, too
Not like this man. I moved to the DR for 6 years from 2013-2019 and I came back and it feels like a 3rd world country. Back then people at least made the last ditch effort to get in the turning lane.

Advertisement
I can tell everyone’s age here just by how much they’re talking about the weather
Animated GIF

I can tell everyone’s age here just by how much they’re talking about the weather
Next thing you know we'll be appreciating a good tomato, keeping boxes that look like they might be useful, and noticing a particular bird's call when we're in the parking lot of the Walmarts.

Wait, can you hear that? Sounds like a scrub jay is mad at something.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's hard to believe forcing a kid to stay on a team he doesn't want to be on won't affect many areas. Especially if things go poorly.

But...

A good Miami team would be the most exciting thing in the country with a massive amount of exposure. If we get off to a fast start nobody is going to care anymore, him included.

Advertisement
People might continue arguing with @TheOriginalCane despite not achieving their desired result for several reasons:

1. Emotional Investment: They might be emotionally invested in the argument and find it difficult to disengage, especially if they feel strongly about the topic.
  2. Desire to Win: Some individuals have a competitive nature and may persist in arguments because they want to "win" or prove their point, regardless of the likelihood of success.
  3. Hope for Change: People may continue the argument in the hope that @TheOriginalCane will eventually understand their perspective or change their mind. They might believe that persistence could lead to a breakthrough.
  4. Social Validation: In some cases, individuals continue arguing for the validation and support of others who are observing the interaction. They may feel pressure to maintain their stance to avoid appearing weak or backing down.
  5. Ego: Stubbornness or ego can also play a role. Some individuals may find it difficult to admit defeat or concede points in an argument, leading them to continue regardless of the futility.
  6. Misunderstanding Communication: Sometimes, the argument persists because of miscommunication or misunderstanding between the parties involved. Clarifying points or seeking common ground may help in such situations.
Ultimately, whether continuing an argument with @TheOriginalCane or anyone else is worth it depends on the individual's goals, emotional investment, and the potential for productive dialogue.
You again? Aren't you supposed to be giving Sonnone a ****y twister?

Advertisement
Next thing you know we'll be appreciating a good tomato, keeping boxes that look like they might be useful, and noticing a particular bird's call when we're in the parking lot of the Walmarts.

Wait, can you hear that? Sounds like a scrub jay is mad at something.
Carboard box and electronic adapter hoarding... and I drive by many retail locations wondering about ingress/egress/overhead/money laundering probability /survivability - and updated paintjobs to spruce a place up

It's hard to believe forcing a kid to stay on a team he doesn't want to be on won't affect many areas. Especially if things go poorly.

But...

A good Miami team would be the most exciting thing in the country with a massive amount of exposure. If we get off to a fast start nobody is going to care anymore, him included.

It's not that he "doesn't want to be on the team". If that was true, he would not have picked Miami.

It was just a confluence of a few things that happened in a short period of time, including Barrow complaining and then certain UM players getting on his *** about it.

**** happens. If everyone can stifle their pride for the good of the team, everything will work itself out.

It's not that he "doesn't want to be on the team". If that was true, he would not have picked Miami.

It was just a confluence of a few things that happened in a short period of time, including Barrow complaining and then certain UM players getting on his *** about it.

**** happens. If everyone can stifle their pride for the good of the team, everything will work itself out.

Was he happening to be complaining about the heat? Asking for a friend.

Advertisement
Back