DT Mykah Newton commits to Miami

View as article
Low 3 star,undersized for DT with offers from a few inferior programs.Not impressed

Maybe the staff has better eye for talent than all the recruiting services( who gave him low 3 star rating), and better eye than all the other major FBS programs ( none of which offered him).But I doubt it.
Sure seems like the 2024 three stars are hitting so far

Advertisement
Looks athletic
yes. Nice frame with explosive movement.

1723910920874.webp

I’m more concerned about the level of competition he faces if anything. You can’t teach motor and heart which he clearly has.
You also can't teach that athleticism, frame and twitch, which are innate characteristics that exist independent of competition. S&C will make this guy tough to play against. He looks like to the type of guy that Partrige gets production from at Pitt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Love his motor, good hands, good athleticism, always like to see guys have snaps at multiple positions on the dline and snaps on offense. Will have to be better and stronger at the point of attack use that wingspan to create separation , improve pad level. Could develop into a solid rotational 3tech
Yes, his hand activity stands out.

How does he compare to Elijah Roberts at this stage in their development.

I remember thinking Roberts was going to be a player here and also had a long wingspan

Advertisement
How does he compare to Elijah Roberts at this stage in their development.

I remember thinking Roberts was going to be a player here and also had a long wingspan

It's pretty to safe to say Elijah Roberts would have been a player here…He's tore it up at SMU, and has a chance to get drafted…Don't get me wrong, we will learn this year whether or not it translates to ACC. But besides the tweeter thing, I think it's pretty safe to say he would have been in the rotation.

For some reason didn't mesh with new staff? Tweener? But man he would have been nice when Mesidor and Kelly went down last year.

As for the comparison, I think this kid is a little more twitchy with a stockier build. He's kinda built like Bain…Where as Roberts I believe was more in the 6'4+ range with longer legs (pause)

Low 3 star,undersized for DT with offers from a few inferior programs.Not impressed

Maybe the staff has better eye for talent than all the recruiting services( who gave him low 3 star rating), and better eye than all the other major FBS programs ( none of which offered him).But I doubt it.
did you even watch is high light clips .

Advertisement

Certain schools have an eye for recruiting underrated players certain positions. For example, I would always keep an eye on OL that Iowa has offered. I would also keep tabs on DL that Pitt and NC St are very interested in. If we’d flipped a 3 star DT from UCF, it would be underwhelming. A 3 star DT committed to NC St is a different story because they frequently turn those players in to studs that give us trouble.

Advertisement
Certain schools have an eye for recruiting underrated players certain positions. For example, I would always keep an eye on OL that Iowa has offered. I would also keep tabs on DL that Pitt and NC St are very interested in. If we’d flipped a 3 star DT from UCF, it would be underwhelming. A 3 star DT committed to NC St is a different story because they frequently turn those players in to studs that give us trouble.

You can rule out Pitt in the future. That DL coach is now in the NFL. NC state also has a big surfing DE over at Palm Coast Fl, so they do a good job getting guys. Good call

Welcome to the U. I feel a lot better about this DL now we got a couple of horses up front with Scroogins

It's pretty to safe to say Elijah Roberts would have been a player here…He's tore it up at SMU, and has a chance to get drafted…Don't get me wrong, we will learn this year whether or not it translates to ACC. But besides the tweeter thing, I think it's pretty safe to say he would have been in the rotation.

For some reason didn't mesh with new staff? Tweener? But man he would have been nice when Mesidor and Kelly went down last year.

As for the comparison, I think this kid is a little more twitchy with a stockier build. He's kinda built like Bain…Where as Roberts I believe was more in the 6'4+ range with longer legs (pause)
Elijah os closer tp 6'4 and definitely would of should of brrn in rotation or starting..they messed that one up because he has aleays been a player.

I think D$ imports these requisite porsts to keep the conversation going.

Advertisement
Back