DT Mykah Newton commits to Miami

Low 3 star,undersized for DT with offers from a few inferior programs.Not impressed

Maybe the staff has better eye for talent than all the recruiting services( who gave him low 3 star rating), and better eye than all the other major FBS programs ( none of which offered him).But I doubt it.
WeMoanin burner account?

Advertisement
81 inches per his Twitter.
200.gif

Advertisement
Lineman from the far and upper Midwest with a background in wrestling. That’s a consistent winning combination too.
i would also add like many said before
top end skill positions should be found via portal/tampering
we should already be talking to that QB at VT about taking over after CAM

Love his motor, good hands, good athleticism, always like to see guys have snaps at multiple positions on the dline and snaps on offense. Will have to be better and stronger at the point of attack use that wingspan to create separation , improve pad level. Could develop into a solid rotational 3tech

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great! Do you know if we’re going after the Cocoa crew?
I’ve heard nothing about them being seriously interested in them. I wasn’t too big on the guys I saw in the state championship game , I just thought Ryan Schneider was an absolute beast as a play caller and at scheming. His offensive kids go to fights with a bazooka versus a knife with other high school offenses. He’s next level. Not saying the players aren’t good but the coaching makes them look a lot better than they are . As for college recruits. Jmo

Last edited:
Advertisement
Low 3 star,undersized for DT with offers from a few inferior programs.Not impressed

Maybe the staff has better eye for talent than all the recruiting services( who gave him low 3 star rating), and better eye than all the other major FBS programs ( none of which offered him).But I doubt it.
Hilarious! It's early for him because he's 16! You can't coach an 81" wingspan. You can't coach his motor, his twitch, his speed, his quickness, his agility, his bend or his explosiveness. Plus he's a great student.

In his Sophomore and Junior seasons combined, Newton racked up.....
120 Tackles
41 TFL
27 Sacks
14 QB hurries
5 Forced Fumbles
1 Fumble Recovery

So... All of the above and this 16 year old is 6'3" 265lbs. I'd say that Mario and staff clearly have something to work with here. This is a great evaluation and a fantastic pickup! And I don't care what anyone says. Newton and Simpson are both sneaky amazing DT commitments.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back