2023 Does the Class Hold, Improve, or Drop?

I think some people forget how bad the 2022 class was looking prior to Mario coming in. The top four kids all picked Miami after Mario was announced: Skinner, Moss, Kelly, and Citizen. Mario needs to close in December similar to 2022! More importantly, he has to figure out how to retain the top kids as this sport is for grown men so that Portal is very important!

Advertisement
I think some people forget how bad the 2022 class was looking prior to Mario coming in. The top four kids all picked Miami after Mario was announced: Skinner, Moss, Kelly, and Citizen. Mario needs to close in December similar to 2022! More importantly, he has to figure out how to retain the top kids as this sport is for grown men so that Portal is very important!
easier to sell im taking over this program and winning vs I took it over and we just went 5-7 and lost to a host of bad teams lol

No doubt in my mind we'll hit the portal hard, very hard. There's always someone who will leave so brace yourself for that. And as for recruiting, we'll see how we finish with our top targets: Samson, Bain, Clark, Hall, Joseph, Damari, Hussey, Wilson, May's, Johnson, M'Pemba. Jackson reclassifying to 2023 is huge for the corner spot. We definitely need to close at least half of those guys mentioned.
Half? We'd better get all of them!

And I still think that we pull one of Inniss, Keem, Jean, or Fowles, hopefully in that order. Begging God for one of those first two.

Advertisement
easier to sell im taking over this program and winning vs I took it over and we just went 5-7 and lost to a host of bad teams lol
easier to sell when your NIL pitch is polished vs 1 month old. We also have 7 games left with only 1 that could get UGLY. If we turn the corner, the upside is easy to sell.

Advertisement
This is supposed to be our “bump” class. I’m not gonna lie I full expected to finish with a top3 class. I still think we will finish 7-10.

A bad start to this season is gonna keep us from that top3 territory. If we win out minus Clemson and get 8+ wins you can still salvage this class.

This is supposed to be our “bump” class. I’m not gonna lie I full expected to finish with a top3 class. I still think we will finish 7-10.

A bad start to this season is gonna keep us from that top3 territory. If we win out minus Clemson and get 8+ wins you can still salvage this class.
We aren't gonna suffer a huge amount of decommits even with 6 or 7 win season

8 Wins???....we'll be Lucky to Win 7...

Advertisement
Don't bet on that...
Then how many and which specific commits are expected to decommit ? I keep seeing posters allude to decomitts coming if we don't win a non specified amount of games yet when pressed no specifications are provided. Not saying point blank a decommit won't happen in this cycle but names and numbers would be nice to see.

Advertisement
I just cant see how we compete for wideouts with gattis as the wr coach and offensive co

I think what is understated is the stability for recruits of having a coach that is guaranteed to be there their entire college career, and we know he can recruit and sell a vision....so i think the drop off would be materially less than if we had someone that recruits know didn't have the full backing of the university. We have Mario for a long time, for good or not (i happen to think it'll be for good).

fbce2db9-b53c-4a8a-af55-68c0476ee85a_text.gif

Advertisement
Back