Do we have a shot this year?

Advertisement
I was surprised how we handled Auburn last year, so, you never know.

The team is showing some heart with a couple of nice comeback wins against “good” teams.
Our SOS is decent at #52 (#38 OOC).
I can see a sweet-16 right now, but I’ll hold off on G8 or F4 talk until we put together a couple of solid wire-to-wire games vs ACC comp (excluding Louisville).

Maryland has come back to make a game of it vs Tennessee, btw.

Wow! Look at that 3p%. Unbelievable it was a one possession game at the buzzer.

1670820867127.png

Size will be a problem against bigger opponents.

But the NCAA Tournament seems to favor excellent guard play and defense.

Pack is a problem defensively and is only useful if he's pouring in points.

But we've got two great defenders in Beverly and Joseph and Wong isn't that bad of a defender either. Coach L will mix and match two of Pack, Joseph, Beverly depending on matchups and game situations.

Gotta keep everyone healthy, and we need Casey to grow up quick to spell Omier. A Final Four run, while not likely, is certainly possible with this club.

So far, we haven't been anything close to F4 caliber.

But you just have to get in and get hot. I think we will improve as the season goes on; our guard play is borderline elite; and we have more depth than usual.

I'm excited to see where we go from here.

Advertisement
I'd take it for $100.

Pretty sure we've seen just how much better a great team is than us. Maryland beat us by 18. Maryland is final 4 good.

Buy anything can happen if you get hot.
Maryland could not miss, AND we were completely outhustled and not a full effort performance. UVA game should be a good bellweather. Too bad students are on break for this one.

Maryland could not miss, AND we were completely outhustled and not a full effort performance. UVA game should be a good bellweather. Too bad students are on break for this one.
Coach L's teams have always played better in January. Not saying that nobody elses does but as this new lineup and some freshmen get their feel for each other we should play even better.

I think that we'll be right there with them.

One thing I have learned over the years is do not count L's teams out no matter what the score is. Remember in the NIT tournament in 2015 they were down big early in at least 2 of the games and ended up winning or forcing OT. They've had two of those games this year got down early in the second half against Rutgers and then were down 16 Saturday.

Take care of business this Saturday and then Virginia comes to town next week.

I'd take it for $100.

Pretty sure we've seen just how much better a great team is than us. Maryland beat us by 18. Maryland is final 4 good.

Buy anything can happen if you get hot.

To be fair, MD in that game could have tossed the ball backwards over their heads from anywhere on the court and the shot would go in. They were just smoking hot during that game. I think if you replayed that game 10 times, it could very well be a split.

Advertisement
It makes little sense to bet onthe canes to win it all.

we have a shot to make a run just like last year. i wouldnt be surprised if we made the sweet 16. i would be if we made the final 4.

Can't tell you how many games I've seen over the year in tournaments that are decided on free throws especially late in the game. We are ranked 24th in the country in free throw percentage. We have been shooting well from the line lately aside from Miller missing one against Cornell and then the team struggling late against UCF. Last 4 games as a team they have shot over 80% from the line. Let's keep it up.

Advertisement
According to NC State fans we do. One of them wrote on their message board "Another close loss but counts as a moral victory since Miami is a final four type team and it was road game in front of a packed arena."

Well, I would question the "packed arena" comment. Unless he was referring to Nijel Pack...

Few weeks ago

Bet UM $500 t/w $42,500.

Also bet TX $1500 t/w $34,500.
I’ve got a Texas future too at +2500…and now Chris Beard can’t keep his hands to himself.

Have Arizona at +3500 and San Diego St at +7500 to round it out for now.

Advertisement
It’s a game of matchups. My posts are still up from last year. I said if we beat usc we’ll beat auburn. We were designed to run that auburn team off the floor. Let’s talk when we get to that point. Miami is a good but flawed team like a lot of other programs. But if we get the right matchups best believe sweet 16 should be the floor

If I'm not mistaken, the NCST game had the 2nd largest attendance this year. Allegedly; there were 4.8K in attendance

First, never let facts interrupt a joke.

Second, it might be the "second largest attendance this year", but it's only our second ACC game of the season. So, yeah, this is "tallest midget" territory.

Finally, even if we had 4,800 people in attendance, the capacity is 8,000. So, again...not exactly "packed"...

If we can even improve even slightly defensively we have a shot. Pack is too little but his effort can be better and wong is a turnstile. An improvement from both of them would go a long way. Charlie and kam took challenges a lot for us last year and that’s why our pressure defense was so good.
Little? Didn’t effect Larkin, Fernandez or Moore

Advertisement
Back