Do we have a shot this year?

canes_aaron

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
I’ll be honest I have not tuned into the games that much thus far, but followed our Elite 8 run last year and kept up with the transfers coming in Pack/Omier.

Just curious to those who have been watching, how do we look? does this team have the look to surpass last years run and possibly make it to a Final 4? I know there is lots of factors that could go into that, but just curious the opinions to those who have been watching

Seems like we are taking care of business thus far but aren’t ranked yet (who cares)

But Vegas also has us at +10000 to win it all which has me curious about throwing $50 on it…LOL

Advertisement
Advertisement
I feel like we’ll run into trouble against bigger and better rebounding teams because we lack that size …if we can get Aire some meaningful minutes as the season goes on hopefully he can give us some impact minutes come tournament time

And Pack is gonna have to step it up…he hasn’t found his groove yet but we’re 11 games in now

Advertisement
I’ll be honest I have not tuned into the games that much thus far, but followed our Elite 8 run last year and kept up with the transfers coming in Pack/Omier.

Just curious to those who have been watching, how do we look? does this team have the look to surpass last years run and possibly make it to a Final 4? I know there is lots of factors that could go into that, but just curious the opinions to those who have been watching

Seems like we are taking care of business thus far but aren’t ranked yet (who cares)

But Vegas also has us at +10000 to win it all which has me curious about throwing $50 on it…LOL
Miami has never made a final four before and there is a first for everything. I am hoping miami just gets better each game and is at full tilt come tourney time. We need to get more out of Pack for sure. We need to get some more depth from guys like Casey, Watson, etc. One game at a time.

Advertisement
If we can even improve even slightly defensively we have a shot. Pack is too little but his effort can be better and wong is a turnstile. An improvement from both of them would go a long way. Charlie and kam took challenges a lot for us last year and that’s why our pressure defense was so good.
We hit a different gear defensively last year after the calendar flipped. Hoping for the same this year.

I'd take it for $100.

Pretty sure we've seen just how much better a great team is than us. Maryland beat us by 18. Maryland is final 4 good.

Buy anything can happen if you get hot.

Advertisement
I was surprised how we handled Auburn last year, so, you never know.

The team is showing some heart with a couple of nice comeback wins against “good” teams.
Our SOS is decent at #52 (#38 OOC).
I can see a sweet-16 right now, but I’ll hold off on G8 or F4 talk until we put together a couple of solid wire-to-wire games vs ACC comp (excluding Louisville).

Maryland has come back to make a game of it vs Tennessee, btw.

Too early to tell. Lets see how we do against other ACC teams, especially Duke, Virginia and a UNC team that seems to have solved their problems. We also need to win on the road not just at home.
This is a great and reasonable post.

Love this team so far. We have some good wins under our belt, but we won’t have a chance to gauge how good they really are until we play the ACC schedule, which is loaded with tough teams this season.

If we do well in league play this season, watch out!

Few weeks ago

Bet UM $500 t/w $42,500.

Also bet TX $1500 t/w $34,500.

Advertisement
Back