Defensive line two-deep

Krazy wrong again. As usual.
This is about who “starts”. Not who plays the most. All things being equal or close to equal, upperclassmen will start. Bethel will “start” every game with Ford. Pathan and garvin will “start” every game. And hill gonna be the 3rd d end in the game.
Bethel won't start every game. I think diaz and staff hope nesta and ford show they can be the guys. Bethel lost his starting spot last year to tito so he isn't a lock to start every game.

Advertisement
No you just cant comprehend well. All i said was he needs to develop more moves. I didn't say he sucked or he hasn't been playing well in practice.
All im saying is coaches wouldnt be raving about a guy with one move... Anyways apparently a one move player can be impressive so why would it even matter?

Advertisement
All im saying is coaches wouldnt be raving about a guy with one move... Anyways apparently a one move player can be impressive so why would it even matter?
You sound crazy saying a coach wouldn't rave about a player with one move. They will if the dude is working and playing hard. And he needs more than 1 move because he will see better o-linemen in actual games than he is going up against in practice.

I think ppl are making too much out of this Nesta only has 1 move narrative. Did the coaches say he only has 1 move? Maybe they’re challenging him to develop his other moves into ones that are as dominant as his bull rush but mainly ones that he can also trust when he wants to make a play besides his Bull rush. He is the only one on the roster that has Gerald Willis potential. Its a reason they’re constantly pushing him In that way in comparison to the rest of the DTs.

I think ppl are making too much out of this Nesta only has 1 move narrative. Did the coaches say he only has 1 move? Maybe they’re challenging him to develop his other moves into ones that are as dominant as his bull rush but mainly ones that he can also trust when he wants to make a play besides his Bull rush. He is the only one on the roster that has Gerald Willis potential. Its a reason they’re constantly pushing him In that way in comparison to the rest of the DTs.
Coaches aren't going to come out and say some like that. Just watch him play. The guy is still developing and has time but i just stated he needs to get 1.

If you read Lances legs race III, you'll notice Nesta doesn't have the athleticism of all conference DT's. What he has is unusual power. The bull rush is going to be his strength. He's not going to be able to get by guys like Willis did, who had elite athleticism.

Advertisement
You sound crazy saying a coach wouldn't rave about a player with one move. They will if the dude is working and playing hard. And he needs more than 1 move because he will see better o-linemen in actual games than he is going up against in practice.
You sound crazy disregarding what the coaches are actually saying about players to keep on with some odd agenda you have you against him.

I think we may be underestimating the loss of GW3.... there was a reason that dude was a 5 star. Absolutely elite.
Exactly.

Hey I love our line. Our DEs in particular are gonna be nasty.

But we have nothing to compare with what Willis did last year. And no adding up a few mediocre players doesn’t equal one great one. I’m excited about Nestas future but Willis was a grown man dominating last year.

There will be 37+ references to Willis when we play Florida

Seeing a lot of people listing Nnoruka with the 2nd team. He's the 2nd most likely starter on the DL imo.

Advertisement
Exactly.

But we have nothing to compare with what Willis did last year. And no adding up a few mediocre players doesn’t equal one great one. I’m excited about Nestas future but Willis was a grown man dominating last year.

Willis was a beast but what we had behind him was inexperienced and unproven..now a year later can one guy replace his production, no. But can they collectively play better, yes. The light should be on for Ford. The UCLA guy is grown and has produced in college. Bethel is dependable. Nesta in his own right was the best DT prospect of his Cycle and will flash that this year. Maybe we get some quality reps from Martin and miller but at least those 2 have been around ...the depth is much better than it was last year. We just had gwill and bethel, Tito came on the mid of the season.

Looks like Miami will be able to feature a solid two-deep this season. If they can stay healthy this team will be deep enough upfront to consistently dominate this season. This is a very mature group that should be able to get it done.

1st Team
SDE - Gregory Rosseau (RFR)
DT - Jon Ford (JR)
DT - Chigozie Nnoruka (RSR)
WDE - Jonathan Garvin (JR)

2nd Team
SDE -Scott Patchan (RSR)
DT - Nesta Silvera (SO)
DT - Pat Bethel (SR)
WDE - Trevon Hill (RSR)

The good part about this 2-deep is all of them will get tons of blow in game. I wouldn't be mad about being 2nd string in this group.

Advertisement
Exactly.

Reading draft reports, they often say willis left holes in the defense in run fits actually and that he can get washed down out of the play. Hope that improves on the defense this year. People were skeptical about Gerald Willis last year and acted like it was the end of the world without McIntosh/ norton. People will do the same this year UNTIL the season begins and the dt position as a unit ball out. I ultimately think it will status quo with our dt profuction last 3 years or so. I doubt That anyone will put up the numbers Willis had(18 tfls 4.5 sacks) but we will still be productive imo

Last edited:
Willis was a beast but what we had behind him was inexperienced and unproven..now a year later can one guy replace his production, no. But can they collectively play better, yes. The light should be on for Ford. The UCLA guy is grown and has produced in college. Bethel is dependable. Nesta in his own right was the best DT prospect of his Cycle and will flash that this year. Maybe we get some quality reps from Martin and miller but at least those 2 have been around ...the depth is much better than it was last year. We just had gwill and bethel, Tito came on the mid of the season.

Agreed. I’m not saying we are ***ked or anything but ****, Willis has that ability to disrupt plays that not many do. He made life easier on our LBs.

But we will see. I’m looking forward to the UCLA kid.

Bethel has been really disappointing so far but it’s not impossible for him to put it together as an older guy now. It happens.

Reading draft reports, they often say willis left holes in the defense in run fits actually and that he can get washed down out of the play. Hope that improves on the defense this year. People were skeptically Gerald Willis last year and acted like it was the end of the world without McIntosh/ norton. People will do the same this year UNTIL the season begins and the dt position as a unit ball out
McIntosh and Norton, to me anyway, were nowhere near as good as Willis was last year.

What I would like to see like you mentioned is a better effort in the run game collectively. Take some heat off the LBs and let them do their thing.

Advertisement
Back