Defensive line two-deep

What has nesta proven?

That he’s a natural playmaker... can’t teach that from the DT position or really any position. Freak of nature high school stats don’t lie. He also showed flashes his freshman year and has been raved about all spring... he starting guaranteed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That he’s a natural playmaker... can’t teach that from the DT position or really any position. Freak of nature high school stats don’t lie. He also showed flashes his freshman year and has been raves about all spring... he starting guaranteed.
Hold up..at Miami when has nesta proven this? When did he even flash this last year? You talking about what he did in HS..if that’s the case then aldarius Johnson and Marcus fortson shouldn’t have been bust here..it’s not set in stone nesta will start. He will be in the rotation no doubt tho. Day 1 starters are likely Ford and bethel

Hold up..at Miami when has nesta proven this? When did he even flash this last year? You talking about what he did in HS..if that’s the case then aldarius Johnson and Marcus fortson shouldn’t have been bust here..it’s not set in stone nesta will start. He will be in the rotation no doubt tho. Day 1 starters are likely Ford and bethel

I like Bethel, but imo he don’t have that it factor like Nesta... Bethel u want as ur 3rd or 4th DT not the top 2.

The one play I’m referring to last year was the blocked punt and recovery for a TD... regardless of who it was against you have to be a natural playmaker to do that as a DT.

Advertisement
I like Bethel, but imo he don’t have that it factor like Nesta... Bethel u want as ur 3rd or 4th DT not the top 2.

The one play I’m referring to last year was the blocked punt and recovery for a TD... regardless of who it was against you have to be a natural playmaker to do that as a DT.
That **** was against Bethune or FIU I believe lol..cmon bro other than that he hasn’t flashed. Nesta has upside through the roof. But he hasn’t put it together yet. Hasn’t proved himself at the U yet. Bethel is a starting caliber DT and dependable. If nesta starts day 1 over him then he has made a huge jump. I just don’t see it in him yet and to assume he has taken that leap is unrealistic..but if he has and this starter drinks on me at the Rock

Last edited:
Not sure about that. Coaches definitely going to go with more seasoned guys that they trust. He'll play a ton anyways.
Yup, especially upfront. Bethel might not be a great playmaker, but he does his job, understands what he’s doing and does t miss plays. Kids been playing key snaps since his true freshman year here.

Advertisement
Coaches have mentioned multiple times that Nesta has impressed. The only issue with him right now appears to be conditioning.

Advertisement
Krazy wrong again. As usual.
This is about who “starts”. Not who plays the most. All things being equal or close to equal, upperclassmen will start. Bethel will “start” every game with Ford. Pathan and garvin will “start” every game. And hill gonna be the 3rd d end in the game.

Advertisement
Krazy, get off crack.
Ford and bethel are starting. Garvin and Patchan will start w hill getting a ton of reps.

Lol When have Patchan or Bethel ever been considered starting caliber?? They’re rotational players that can dominate a 2nd unit or take advantage of a tired o-line late.

Even if I give u that Bethel could possibly be good enough to beat out 2 of either Ford, Nesta, or Chigozie... how in the **** is Patchan going to beat out Trevon Hill?? Is he going to be an All ACC 1st team talent this year? Lol No he’s not.

Advertisement
Back