DB Bryce Fitzgerald commits to Miami

View as article
No I agree Chris Johnson is fast asf but when u watch him in college guys are closer to him than HS. Thats all I am saying is that college speed is different where as in HS your highlight tape can be insane do to HS players being slower than college. Thats all I am saying
To your point... HS doesn't have as many fast guys on the field. College the whole team is fast

Advertisement
Not gonna happen. He has zero eagerness to tackle.

He did have a really nice INT versus STA though.

@Coach Macho do you think Guidry and Chevis can teach him to be a tackler? JW didn't like to tackle either, was my biggest concern about him coming out of HS. But he finally moved closer to the line last season as is knocking guys back in the League now.

@Coach Macho do you think Guidry and Chevis can teach him to be a tackler? JW didn't like to tackle either, was my biggest concern about him coming out of HS. But he finally moved closer to the line last season as is knocking guys back in the League

The techniques can be taught but the truth is, tackling is 80% "want to".

When the ball is in the air, there may be nobody better in South Florida.
But when it's a running play, Columbus might as well be playing with 10 defenders.

With the way today's game is played on offense, there's more and more pressure for Safeties to be a part of the running defense. And Guidry's scheme asks his Safeties to come to the party. Look at the year Jaden Harris is having. This guy has been making plays in the box all season.

There's a lot less pressure on CB's to show up in the run game, so maybe the kid will translate there if he doesn't change.

Last edited:
Advertisement

But when it's a running play, Columbus might as well be playing with 10 defenders.

With the way today's game is played on offense, there's more and more pressure for Safeties to be a part of the running defense. And Guidry's scheme asks his Safeties to come to the party. Look at the year Jaden Harris is having. This guy has been making plays in the box all season.

There's a lot less pressure on CB's so show up in the run game, so maybe the kid will translate there if he doesn't change.
The role we have Meesh playing so far isn't exactly heavily involved in the run game compared to Jaden Harris either though, We are keeping him in a much more traditional single high FS role. Dude has 1 solo tackle on the year lol. Granted we haven't really played anyone yet, and we will see how the rest of the season plays out and if anything changes... But to me this could be a perfect role for Fitzgerald if he does stay at safety.

However If he has the speed, I don't see why not playing him at CB. Guess that'll mostly depend on how well we actually finish for recruiting there. If we miss on Hanks and Pickett, I'd have him at CB.

There's a lot less pressure on CB's so show up in the run game, so maybe the kid will translate there if he doesn't change.
Just can’t afford to have guys that aren’t willing to make a tackle in the college game. Contact and hitting is an attitude. Can have all the talent in the world but if you are a defender and aren’t willing to support run defense you’re not playing.

The role we have Meesh playing so far isn't exactly heavily involved in the run game compared to Jaden Harris either though, We are keeping him in a much more traditional single high FS role. Dude has 1 solo tackle on the year lol. Granted we haven't really played anyone yet, and we will see how the rest of the season plays out and if anything changes... But to me this could be a perfect role for Fitzgerald if he does stay at safety.

However If he has the speed, I don't see why not playing him at CB. Guess that'll mostly depend on how well we actually finish for recruiting there. If we miss on Hanks and Pickett, I'd have him at CB.
This kid needs to be viewed as a cb. It would be a disservice to his game in our defense. He has cb ability..speed isnt a concern with him and his ball skills are crazy.

They need to go flip a real safety and keep chugging away at Pickett. The only thing i can say could change if they view Pickett as a safety prospect. But he himself i think sees himself as a corner.

So this is interesting how this will play out if every thing goes we may end up looking like an fsu db class with all these guys...but we need it anyway. lol

This kid needs to be viewed as a cb. It would be a disservice to his game in our defense. He has cb ability..speed isnt a concern with him and his ball skills are crazy.

They need to go flip a real safety and keep chugging away at Pickett. The only thing i can say could change if they view Pickett as a safety prospect. But he himself i think sees himself as a corner.

So this is interesting how this will play out if every thing goes we may end up looking like an fsu db class with all these guys...but we need it anyway. lol

Are you actively trying to Voodoo curse us? What did you post on Grassy back in 2003 that caused the last 20 years? Evil spirits begone!!!

Advertisement

I mean I'd lean CB too. Just saying how Kam was viewed as a ballhawking FS but still pretty active in the run defense gameplan, doesn't seem to be how we are using Meesh right now. Like I think Fitzgerald could be a Malik Hooker (2016 Ohio St) type if he was kept at safety.

But I think we just bring in all these DBs - Hopefully Pickett, Hanks, Stubbs, Antoine, Amari Wallace, Chris Ewald, Tim Merritt, and Fitzgerald... then just let them compete and let the positions sort themselves out. Obviously Hanks, Antoine, and Ewald would be definite CBs and Stubbs a definite S. But Amari Wallace is going to miss a year almost certainly. But any 1-2 of him, Fitzgerald, Pickett, and honestly even Merritt could all end up a safety eventually.

I'm not worried about Safety.
We got 2 young certified killers that are going to be locking down those 2 Safety spots for the next 3 years.

And possibly the best 2027 Safety in the country sitting here next to me.

We good.
Who was the guy that posted he was sitting with Patrick Peterson and got everyone all riled up?

Advertisement
I'm not worried about Safety.
We got 2 young certified killers that are going to be locking down those 2 Safety spots for the next 3 years.

And possibly the best 2027 Safety in the country sitting here next to me.

We good.

Quan and…..???

Day?

There's a lot less pressure on CB's to show up in the run game, so maybe the kid will translate there if he doesn't change.
Appreciate this but can the kid at least grab leg? I’m surprised with all Miami can recruit that they would take a kid who doesn’t wanna hit with what safeties are required in this scheme. Is their plan to play him at corner?

Advertisement
Appreciate this but can the kid at least grab leg? I’m surprised with all Miami can recruit that they would take a kid who doesn’t wanna hit with what safeties are required in this scheme. Is their plan to play him at corner?
He's one of the best athletes down here. You have to recruit him. Get him on campus and figure out his deficiencies later.

Advertisement
Back