Crown Swasey???

EKU

DING DING DING DING!
Manny Navarro

#UM coach Al Golden wanted his team to get stronger. And the results in the weight room say they are. According to strength and conditioning coach Andreu Swasey, there are 36 #Canes who can lift 225 pounds more than 20 times and 7 that can do it over 30 times. Last year at this time, Swasey said he 11 that could lift more than 225 pounds, 20 times. And none more than 30.

#UM right tackle Seantrel Henderson has never been a weight room guy. But I was surprised to learn he isn't among the seven on the team lifting 225 pounds more than 30 times. In fact, he's barely scraping by at 20 lifts. Last year Henderson he lifted 225 pounds between 12 and 15 times. "In high school I wasn't a big weight room guy," Henderson said. "I feel like I've improved a lot."

#UM WR Phillip Dorsett has impressed strength and conditioning coach Andreu Swasey the most this off-season. Dorsett has gained 20 pounds since arriving at #UM and his 40 time before testing even began (4.36) was the fastest on the team. "Dorsett is kind of the freak," Swasey said. "He'll be a guy who will really surprise."

Advertisement
Thank god these guys are having to work now. Golden and staff are busting these guys *** and we have been missing that

Advertisement
Gonna be interesting to see Dorsett compared to Rashad Greene as they progress the next couple of years. Greene had more hype out of HS, let's see where they end up

Advertisement
have the spring testing numbers come out yet? Always curious to see the 40 times.

Gonna be interesting to see Dorsett compared to Rashad Greene as they progress the next couple of years. Greene had more hype out of HS, let's see where they end up

Agree, esp now that there is finally some stability in the OC and QB spots.

Advertisement
So all you guys that bashed this dude saying fire him and this and that. Was all that just speculation or did you guys have someone behind the scenes tell you what was going on. Not saying anyone in this thread haas bashed him. Just wondering for those who said this guy needed to, was it just speculation because you didn't like the results on th field.

Does this mean the former head coach was an incompetent boob?

Thought so.

Last edited:
Advertisement
McGee ran a 4.55? I thought he was supposed to be one of the fastest on the team, almost around TB3 speed...

So all you guys that bashed this dude saying fire him and this and that. Was all that just speculation or did you guys have someone behind the scenes tell you what was going on. Not saying anyone in this thread haas bashed him. Just wondering for those who said this guy needed to, was it just speculation because you didn't like the results on th field.

Perryman52 will answer all your questions in time. Just be patient.

still not a fan of Swasey with the big boys...and adding good weight mass to our guys....think he is a step below in this dept........

As far as conditioning and speed he's an a+ guy....also he is in a sense an extra db coach...as thats the position he played and spot he coached before at Univ of Houston i believe.

I expect are weight numbers to go up also ....as we ARE recruiting guys that are pretty good in the weight room (check our dt's coming in their extremely strong)....

Golden/ D Onofrio also are hard asses and attention to detail guys...who played @ Penn State and put an emphasis on the weightroom probably more so than Randy or Coker did.

Still would like to bring in ANOTHER guy to go with Swasey if it was possible....but he's stable...and he has some value.

How the **** Sean Spence got up to 230 in like a few months and the kid took Forever to break 220 here.....

Advertisement
Back