Cristobal’s Success At Oregon

The ones that preferred Lane to Mario two months ago because of his excellence on offense vs Mario who needed to hire excellent coordinators because he isn’t an in game wizard on either side of the ball?

Not sure what was so wrong with people thinking more than one coach could be good or having a preference.

Mario (and the massive change in commitment to football) have been pretty exciting since December. (And Mario gets credit for that commitment as well).

Not sure there is a current train of posters even thinking about Lane.
Yeah there is. They are called the Lane Train CIS Crew. You can try to flip it and change the narrative all you want. Some of us will never forget.

Advertisement
I used to date supermodels and I can tell you they are great in the sack, but incapable of making a decent omelet and are terrible at mowing the lawn. I'm much happier with my 250 lb farm girl.
“If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, make an ugly woman your wife……”.

Yeah there is. They are called the Lane Train CIS Crew. You can try to flip it and change the narrative all you want. Some of us will never forget.
seems important… Does this crew have regular meetings? A secret handshake? Rituals?

1645541494547.webp

Instead of repeating “the greater good” do they merely say “the Lane Train”?

Advertisement
Developing players? Y'all about to have a top 5 pick in the draft lol
I'll saying again, when we were taking Mario I felt bad for Oregon as I don't really wish them bad. But **** if they didn't just become a complete pain in the ***. Now I really want them to fall off the map completely given their annoying as fans and this narrative they are passing that they are better off without mario and they were some sort of power before him. They're delusional.

As a Duck fan I can tell you that Mario can recruit like a MF'er, but he is incapable of developing players and is a terrible in game coach. This hire will not turn out to be a good one for Miami and as an Oregon fan, I am much happier with Lanning.
How many players has Lanning developed as head coach? How many game day wins does he have as head coach?

Did you troll the FSU boards 4 years ago?

I'll saying again, when we were taking Mario I felt bad for Oregon as I don't really wish them bad. But **** if they didn't just become a complete pain in the ***. Now I really want them to fall off the map completely given their annoying as fans and this narrative they are passing that they are better off without mario and they were some sort of power before him. They're delusional.
I never liked there fake swag. That whole uniform **** (although they are nice imo) everyone started liking them cause of jersey colors lol. It was annoying af I'm like bruh they may never win a Natty ever possibly.

As a Duck fan I can tell you that Mario can recruit like a MF'er, but he is incapable of developing players and is a terrible in game coach. This hire will not turn out to be a good one for Miami and as an Oregon fan, I am much happier with Lanning.
Sounds like you're a bad breaker-upper. Have you ever been stabbed by an ex-girlfriend or had a drink thrown in your face?

Advertisement
Thats 100 percent my feelings as well right now.

I also didnt calculate within my thought process of him...that this is likely his dream job...alot like it was for Manny. But except dude literally is trying to put monsters around him that would KEEP this as his dream job for sometime.
And manny had no experience being a rookie HC and Mario did more with less in his first gig THEN got to go to the school of Nick Saban and put proof of concept to work at a power 5 school..

Tons of people here over the course of the last several years have not just argued against it but they've LITERALLY **** on Mario. Yet another example people here don't know **** about what they're watching on the field. It's just optics to people cause they don't comprehend the bigger picture. When for years people on here were told you can argue against his in game decision making BUT HE HAD A MONSTER STAFF LINED UP that would've neutralized any of that people still just **** on him. Now look at those same corny *** people. Just several weeks ago everyone wants to bytch and moan that he didn't rush to announce the staff and how poorly it looked on him and was destroying our recruiting class that had all of 4 kids in it before Mario got here & the few people aware of some version of the situation all told you just relax the man has a plan and most of this has been in accordance with it. Now everyone wants to act like they weren't in that group *****ing. Again, trust Mario. We're going to be just fine.

nfc

Like the article says the Lane way isn't sustainable. As Miami fans we seen dominance and the way to do that is the bama OSU UGA and old Miami way. Stack talent is sustainable and u win regardless make kids rich and they give back to the beloved program later on in life like Vilma. That chip Kelly fancy **** doesn't win titles and it can't be sustained when u run into and NFL type talented defense. Lane would of been a disaster cause that formula won't work at UM.

I still can't believe the infatuation with Lane. There is a reason in a year when more major jobs opened than any other post-season in recent CFB memory (USC, OK, LSU, UF, ND, MIA, OR, WASH, UVA, VT, etc) we never heard about Lane getting a sniff. The same Lane Kiffin that has opening been begging to get out of Oxford. He's not a passionate recruiter, he's not an incredibly hard-working coach. Coming off a fool's gold year where he won a lot of games vs. a schedule that was weaker than it initially looked with a 1st round QB and other players he didn't recruit, he still couldn't make a move from Brown Water U, and with all that "success" (just ask him) he finished 10th in the SEC in recruiting.

He'd be a terrible fit down here too with there way the media is up everyone's *** too. Homie has some skeletons.

I get it, he's entertaining, and the majority of American's can't help themselves. But stop even putting him in the same convo as Mario or others.

I'd take him in a heartbeat over Manny of course. But I'd also let Brock cook me a steak before I'd watch another Manny led UM team. It's not saying much.

Advertisement
I still can't believe the infatuation with Lane. There is a reason in a year when more major jobs opened than any other post-season in recent CFB memory (USC, OK, LSU, UF, ND, MIA, OR, WASH, UVA, VT, etc) we never heard about Lane getting a sniff. The same Lane Kiffin that has opening been begging to get out of Oxford. He's not a passionate recruiter, he's not an incredibly hard-working coach. Coming off a fool's gold year where he won a lot of games vs. a schedule that was weaker than it initially looked with a 1st round QB and other players he didn't recruit, he still couldn't make a move from Brown Water U, and with all that "success" (just ask him) he finished 10th in the SEC in recruiting.

He'd be a terrible fit down here too with there way the media is up everyone's *** too. Homie has some skeletons.

I get it, he's entertaining, and the majority of American's can't help themselves. But stop even putting him in the same convo as Mario or others.

I'd take him in a heartbeat over Manny of course. But I'd also let Brock cook me a steak before I'd watch another Manny led UM team. It's not saying much.
Facts they do not understand bruh. The best coaches in cfb have the same formula. Recruit like a maniac. Superior play callers ain't winning Natty's right now. The teams that are winning are recruiting at a monster clip

The ones that preferred Lane to Mario two months ago because of his excellence on offense vs Mario who needed to hire excellent coordinators because he isn’t an in game wizard on either side of the ball?

Not sure what was so wrong with people thinking more than one coach could be good or having a preference.

Mario (and the massive change in commitment to football) have been pretty exciting since December. (And Mario gets credit for that commitment as well).

Former Lane Trainer here. Never hated the Mario prospect, just thought Joey would be hilarious and make the CFB world divide by zero. Great XO guy.

Not disavowing my interest in Joey at the time. I stand by it.

I also stand by what we've seen Mario do.

Onboard with CMC and staff.

Over the Lane angle.

A Brock overcooked Steak- 45
Another Lispy Led UM Team- 10

Advertisement
Tons of people here over the course of the last several years have not just argued against it but they've LITERALLY **** on Mario. Yet another example people here don't know **** about what they're watching on the field. It's just optics to people cause they don't comprehend the bigger picture. When for years people on here were told you can argue against his in game decision making BUT HE HAD A MONSTER STAFF LINED UP that would've neutralized any of that people still just **** on him. Now look at those same corny *** people. Just several weeks ago everyone wants to bytch and moan that he didn't rush to announce the staff and how poorly it looked on him and was destroying our recruiting class that had all of 4 kids in it before Mario got here & the few people aware of some version of the situation all told you just relax the man has a plan and most of this has been in accordance with it. Now everyone wants to act like they weren't in that group *****ing. Again, trust Mario. We're going to be just fine.
I was one of the people that didn't want Mario a few years back, to be honest, he wasn't my first choice this time around...but all that he's done since he's been here has quickly changed my mind. The staff that he's put together and the recruiting and passion that he's shown has impressed this 45 year old Canes fan. Still not sold on his game day coaching, but this staff should help with that. His plan is impressive, get a killer staff, recruit relentlessly, and dominate the trenches makes me happy.

Yeah, that's one way to look at it.

Another way of looking at it is that there were obvious signs that the stars would align under Mario (the increased financial support of the Ruiz and Soffer families, the potential to hire a better AD who wouldn't want to deal with Instagram Lane, the ability to hire top assistant coaches from top schools, etc.) that the Lane Train passengers continually disregarded because they wanted a "fun" offense and a "fun" head coach who would really own all of our rivals on the interwebz.

Look, nobody disputed Lane's offensive playcalling or social media skills. But, literally, every other desired characteristic of a head coach favored Mario, and yet anyone who favored Mario went through months of putdowns and arguments designed to advance the notion that Lane Kiffin was the only possible choice to make.

I can't speak for every Mario supporter, but I think I was pretty consistent in saying that Lane was a good candidate with great coaching qualifications, but that Mario would get the job for a ton of tangible and intangible reasons.

Lane could be doing, at Ole Miss, all of the things that Mario is currently doing at UM. Lane coaches in the SE-freakin-C, and Ole Miss has plenty of money to spend. And yet...Lane is just doing the same thing he does every year, make online jokes and draw up new plays for his playbook. Infrastructure? Increased staff size? Innovations? We get that with Mario, while Lane isn't stepping up his own game at Ole Miss.

So he was able to develop players at UM and FIU and Alabama, and then when he got to Oregon, suddenly he couldn't do it well any longer? That's hilarious.

We get the in-game stuff. Mario is an OL/TE coach by trade, so we knew what we were (or weren't) getting in that regard.

Thanks for your contribution, though...

Advertisement
Back