Cristobal’s Success At Oregon

Man TVD impressed me and we got some serious young talent on the outside plus nice pass catchers at TE.

If this offense is somewhat wide open...OOOO WEEE. Its the sole reason i was big on Lane because he wouldve went crazy with our qb talent and skill talents.

This should be a 35+ point a game offense in the ACC. Anything less would be a buzzkill

Advertisement
I think I would have been good with either Mario or Lane at the time

However what’s transpired the last few months and the staff he’s put together, I think Mario was the better choice

Not saying Lane couldn’t have and it’s all speculation, but if you would have told me Mario would put together this group I would have been even more ecstatic at the time

I think I would have been good with either Mario or Lane at the time

However what’s transpired the last few months and the staff he’s put together, I think Mario was the better choice

Not saying Lane couldn’t have and it’s all speculation, but if you would have told me Mario would put together this group I would have been even more ecstatic at the time

My tie-breaker is this: if both guys are hugely successful(which means titles), who is more likely to stay for a long time and really secure his legacy at UM

That's Mario

Also, Mario looks like an MMA fighter. So that, too...

Advertisement
Ever hear of the Lane Train CIS Crew?
Like the article says the Lane way isn't sustainable. As Miami fans we seen dominance and the way to do that is the bama OSU UGA and old Miami way. Stack talent is sustainable and u win regardless make kids rich and they give back to the beloved program later on in life like Vilma. That chip Kelly fancy **** doesn't win titles and it can't be sustained when u run into and NFL type talented defense. Lane would of been a disaster cause that formula won't work at UM.

Mario - impeccable character.
Kiffen - not so much.

I wouldn’t have been mad if Kiffen was hired, but we now know what the original plan of attack was.
I would of lost my **** I was terrified at that hire. My mope coach radar went off with Lane I don't have proof but just a gut feeling on fit. It wouldn't work

Advertisement
As a Duck fan I can tell you that Mario can recruit like a MF'er, but he is incapable of developing players and is a terrible in game coach. This hire will not turn out to be a good one for Miami and as an Oregon fan, I am much happier with Lanning.
Developing players? Y'all about to have a top 5 pick in the draft lol

Man TVD impressed me and we got some serious young talent on the outside plus nice pass catchers at TE.

If this offense is somewhat wide open...OOOO WEEE. Its the sole reason i was big on Lane because he wouldve went crazy with our qb talent and skill talents.
I hear u gogeta but the OL and DL would have to be recruited at an elite level. Cause if Lane went against the blue bloods that talent won't do anything cause of the havoc those elite teams cause up front.

My tie-breaker is this: if both guys are hugely successful(which means titles), who is more likely to stay for a long time and really secure his legacy at UM

That's Mario

Also, Mario looks like an MMA fighter. So that, too...
The OC hire for me was always the big one when it comes to Mario. I know Lane would have them put up video game numbers

But you can be innovative and not throw it 80 times a game and can be more successful running a style like Gattis does. I love that move

The ones that preferred Lane to Mario two months ago because of his excellence on offense vs Mario who needed to hire excellent coordinators because he isn’t an in game wizard on either side of the ball?

Not sure what was so wrong with people thinking more than one coach could be good or having a preference.

Mario (and the massive change in commitment to football) have been pretty exciting since December. (And Mario gets credit for that commitment as well).

Not sure there is a current train of posters even thinking about Lane.
You're not sure what's wrong with thinking more than one guy can do the job? This place is all about how one coach/player is the best, and anyone else will be an utter failure. That's literally the gist of every single thread on here.

Advertisement
You're not sure what's wrong with thinking more than one guy can do the job? This place is all about how one coach/player is the best, and anyone else will be an utter failure. That's literally the gist of every single thread on here.
I was in the super market the week before the hire standing next to an ex player and asked him what he thought.

Answer: “Mario’s my guy, but I want Kiffin - I think he’d do really well with Miami’s offensive talent”

In CIS world, I should go wait at the store until he comes back just to tell him he’s wrong to have had that opinion.

As a Duck fan I can tell you that Mario can recruit like a MF'er, but he is incapable of developing players and is a terrible in game coach. This hire will not turn out to be a good one for Miami and as an Oregon fan, I am much happier with Lanning.
I used to date supermodels and I can tell you they are great in the sack, but incapable of making a decent omelet and are terrible at mowing the lawn. I'm much happier with my 250 lb farm girl.

Advertisement
My only problem with what he did at Oregon was when he went against a good Xs and Os team, he sometimes got handled by less talented teams. It's why I was concerned with who he'd hire here.

Now that he has hired most of his staff, I have zero worries. None. Not one at all. Now we have a head coach that lives and breathes putting a talented team together, coupled with what appears to be the most experienced staff we have ever seen here. I am 100% confident in this staff. I mean for the love of God, he got Charlie Strong as a LB coach. That's some Nick Saban stuff.

Every bit of scepticism should be gone, from everyone. What the **** is there not to love about this staff? Not only strong recruiters, but some of the best Xs and Os coaches we could get. That's going to be unfair moving forward for the Coastal, and possibly for the entire ACC.
He has a better Staff here and better talent.

I was in the super market the week before the hire standing next to an ex player and asked him what he thought.

Answer: “Mario’s my guy, but I want Kiffin - I think he’d do really well with Miami’s offensive talent”

In CIS world, I should go wait at the store until he comes back just to tell him he’s wrong to have had that opinion.
Lane Kiffin did something at Ole Miss that no one else has done in over 125 years, including Hugh Freeze, he won 10 games. Pardon the pun but his "rebel" without a cause mystic is just what a perennial undog program in the toughest division could use. That said, Kiffin has a past and without coach Saban and his high profile time with the Tide he isn't the coach in Oxford, it was just that bad of a look. He still has a lot of proving to do and this season is big, big, big. He lost both his coordinators, to big-time programs and an elite QB.

The other thing with Kiffin is his recruiting. It's just not elite in any way as of now. What is elite is his ability to work the magic portal. It came at the perfect time for Ole Miss. He has done more in reloading at QB and positions of need, so far, than anyone else. And it's still my sincere belief that the magic portal is going to be the great equalizer for programs that know what they are looking for. Overall, Kiffin is a great fit at OM and Mario should be just fine.

Talent will not be an issue moving forward.

I’m loving his National approach. Kids want to move around. Time to take advantage of that.
This. Gone are the days where Ohio kids were automatically going to Ohio State..Texas kids were staying in-state no matter what to Texas or maybe OU....Cali kids were all USC and Florida kids were going to one of the Big 3 (UM, FSU, UF). This generation and the past few generations are really open to spreading there wings and venturing out. We were behind the 8ball on that. Mario has really shown us that its okay to go outside the state of Florida if the state is lacking in a certain position in a particular year.

There were times where I felt that our staff would rather take a 3* kid that is local over trying to get a 5* kid from another state because they knew they had no shot because of distance. Wouldnt even put up an effort. Mario has really shattered that glass ceiling. We are going after kids all the way in Washington. The earth is our turf right now.

Advertisement
Back