Congrats UM signee Gabe Terry...

Advertisement
Wrestlers are beasts and almost always play with great leverage. I think he might be real good for us

Wrestling and football is a tough combo for a high school kid. Even at heavier weights, diet and training have to be so strict when you are a top level wrestler. Its tough to turn around and gain weight and train differently for football and still keep that top level athletically.

This kid just seems to be one **** of an athlete and I am really excited to see how he progresses.

Wrestlers are beasts and almost always play with great leverage. I think he might be real good for us

I remember seeing Davin Joseph at a wrestling meet, dude was ripped up and dominant. Like Joseph, expect Terry to put on a ton of weight once he's done wrestling (he's in the 195 pound class). I would lose 8-10 pounds after practice back in the day, and that doesn't include weight cutting.

I think he will be really good at the U. Adding weight wont be a problem for him once he concentrates on just football.

Advertisement
Wrestling and football is a tough combo for a high school kid. Even at heavier weights, diet and training have to be so strict when you are a top level wrestler. Its tough to turn around and gain weight and train differently for football and still keep that top level athletically.

This kid just seems to be one **** of an athlete and I am really excited to see how he progresses.

Wasn't Ray Lewis an all state wrestler? I think Terry will be a beast. Our LB core has a lot of promise for the future!

Wasn't Ray Lewis an all state wrestler? I think Terry will be a beast. Our LB core has a lot of promise for the future!

Ray wrestled in the same weight class, too. It says that Terry wrestles 195 pounds (which wasn't a class in my day) but I know he was 189 last year (same as Ray)

Ray wrestled in the same weight class, too. It says that Terry wrestles 195 pounds (which wasn't a class in my day) but I know he was 189 last year (same as Ray)

Yeah part of the point of my original post is that if a kid is focusing on wrestling, he can slip through the cracks in football. He may have never really been able to peak physically in football or dedicate enough time to it, which may be why he is being viewed as such a diamond in the rough.

I am feeling really optimistic about him though.

Advertisement
That tournament was sick! Oral McDonald was beasting out there too! Terry as a prospect has a lot of things to get excited about. Plus he seems to have a SupaSwag thing going. smh lol He of all the new guys most reminds me of the oldschool canes off the rip. Hope blossoms here!

I remember seeing Davin Joseph at a wrestling meet, dude was ripped up and dominant. Like Joseph, expect Terry to put on a ton of weight once he's done wrestling (he's in the 195 pound class). I would lose 8-10 pounds after practice back in the day, and that doesn't include weight cutting.

Advertisement
At 195 DE has to be out of the question for Terry. I saw some sights that had him as an end. Kid had to play OLB.

Im rooting for terry Im just tempering my expectations. I believe a redshirt year would benefit te transition from wrestling to football.

Im rooting for terry Im just tempering my expectations. I believe a redshirt year would benefit te transition from wrestling to football.

Nothing wrong with that, and I agree about the redshirting part.

Its not that my expectations are sky high its just that literally noone outside of us knows anything about the kid. He feels like onea dem outta teh woodwerks kinda guys.

Advertisement

Nothing wrong with that, and I agree about the redshirting part.

Its not that my expectations are sky high its just that literally noone outside of us knows anything about the kid. He feels like onea dem outta teh woodwerks kinda guys.

The unknown is exactly whats has all of us intrigued. At this point if he makes the three deep I'll be good with it.

If he redshirts thats the true litmus test for gauging where he is at. I think it will be hard to keep him off the field on special teams but it will be interesting. He's gonna have to battle it out with hoilett, ricardo, witt, kirby, Ejohnson and blue.

Last edited:
If he redshirts thats true litmus test for gauging where he is at. I think it will be hard to keep him off the field on special teams but it will be interesting. He's gonna have to battle it out with hoilett, ricardo, witt, kirby, Ejohnson and blue.

Those guys are more football ready than terry at this point

i know the kids at my school that wrestle are all hard working kids and serious kids and im sure its the same for terry. the red shirt will deffenitely do him some good.

Advertisement
Back