MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that if fans want to watch the SEC, which is comprised of southern states, they have to go to Disney owned ESPN. And to watch the B1G, which covers the northeast and west coast, they have to go to Fox?
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Advertisement
That is a **** ton of Engineers.

But none of those schools is Miami, with 5 national titles and 9 title appearences in the last 40 years. Stanford is a phenomenal school, but the Big Ten already passed on them once.

Duke (IF IF IF football continues to improve). - well I have to take a shot here, it's too much of a layup. They hired Manny Diaz, so we can guarantee that their football will NOT continue to improve. We have experience here, we know. I pity Duke.

I have to keep reminding people outside of the Miami sphere that if they're 40 years old, Miami has played in fully a QUARTER of every national championship ever played in their lifetime. **** near, anyway. We've earned to be in that conversation with the Alabamas, Oklahomas, Nebraskas and Notre Dames of the world as a true blue blood dynasty program.

Luckily for us, while the majority of message board and twitter idiots are under 30, the vast majority of TV execs, conference commissioners, university presidents, and bigwigs around college football are over 40 and "The U" brand pulls a lot of weight with them. The people who matter are over 40, and they remember seeing a lot of Miami in championship games.
Nailed it here.
It makes me laugh every time, mostly, FSU fans try to talk down Miami when the reality is Miami is still and will likely always be a big draw. I liken it to Indiana in basketball, that name resonates college basketball.
****, even Nebraska in football is still a "brand". If your team is playing them you're going to watch and so will other fans.
Prime example, my daughter is going to an SEC school in the fall and when we went to visit, every person that found out we were Miami fans talked our ear off about the program and it's history.

Nailed it here.
It makes me laugh every time, mostly, FSU fans try to talk down Miami when the reality is Miami is still and will likely always be a big draw. I liken it to Indiana in basketball, that name resonates college basketball.
****, even Nebraska in football is still a "brand". If your team is playing them you're going to watch and so will other fans.
Prime example, my daughter is going to an SEC school in the fall and when we went to visit, every person that found out we were Miami fans talked our ear off about the program and it's history.

Nebraska is absolutely a blue blood program.

Miami, Alabama, Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC, FSU and Notre Dame are the ONLY blue bloods in college football, full stop.

Everyone else is a tier below. Notice that includes teams like Texas, LSU, Ohio State and Michigan….a tier below.

The teams that are blue bloods are the ones that have had dynasties while owning nearly a decade to themselves. We’re in that elite group

Miami, Alabama, Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC, FSU and Notre Dame are the ONLY blue bloods in college football, full stop.

Everyone else is a tier below. Notice that includes teams like Texas, LSU, Ohio State and Michigan….a tier below.

The teams that are blue bloods are the ones that have had dynasties while owning nearly a decade to themselves. We’re in that elite group
Did you put Miami and blue blood in same sentence? This isn't an accurate statement.

Advertisement
This is why we need to bring back bullying in schools.

If you’re not proud of what this program has accomplished with 5 natties then you’re no Cane. And if you can’t say with your chest that Miami has earned its spot at the top then you’re weak.

If Canes fans aren’t going to talk up the Canes then who is? Keep dreaming buddy, you couldn’t bully anyone, everything about your reaction signals a weak and soft mentality. You’re the kind of person who does what they’re told and believes whatever they’re told to believe. I don’t have time for you.

Neither us or FSU are blue bloods. We didn’t start winning until the 70s and 80s.

Notre dame and Michigan and Ohio state etc have been playing football since the 1800s. They’re the real blue bloods. Notre dame hasn’t won **** since 1988 but still gets preferential treatment because of **** they did in the 1910s. That’s real blue blood ****

Advertisement
Neither us or FSU are blue bloods. We didn’t start winning until the 70s and 80s.

Notre dame and Michigan and Ohio state etc have been playing football since the 1800s. They’re the real blue bloods. Notre dame hasn’t won **** since 1988 but still gets preferential treatment because of **** they did in the 1910s. That’s real blue blood ****
When you cut us deep, don't you and I and all the other porsters bleed the same blood maaaaaaaahhhhhhnnnnn?

3ov9jJQP0GQapGmJkA.gif

Yeahhhh...

"Bluebloods" is just short for "won a lot of games when black athletes were not allowed to compete".

Advertisement

I like what you’re drinking, but if we’re being honest, that’s not really what the definition of blue blood programs is in as much as I don’t like them, saying that Ohio State is not a blue blood program as just one example would be refuted by the vast majority of college football, experts, and fans, even if they hate Ohio State

This how I view it when I think of CFB and its history.

Blue bloods: Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC, Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State

Next Tier: Us, FSU, UF, LSU, Georgia, Penn State

*Oregon, Clemson, Washington (may be close to joining the above tier)

This how I view it when I think of CFB and its history.

Blue bloods: Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC, Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State

Next Tier: Us, FSU, UF, LSU, Georgia, Penn State

*Oregon, Clemson, Washington (may be close to joining the above tier)
I respect your opinion, but I’d put Washington and Oregon outside the top 20 for blue blood programs. Clemson is knocking on the door of that 2nd tier, but not the other 2 IMO. I’d put Auburn and Tenn (a few others too) above those 2.

Advertisement
I've got 2 little kids that take up 99% of my time, so I have zero idea what's going on in pop culture. I see this broad's name come up all the time now, and I gotta be honest, I don't understand it. What has she done to make her so popular? Is she a good actress? Is it a deal where she is actually good at her craft but just happens to hot as well?

I mean, yeah she's hot and has got big 'ol fake ****ies, but so do lots other women. Why did this one become so popular?

Them sloppers isz real

Advertisement
Back