MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

I’ll bet my house Miami has a big ten offer subject to Miami and others sorting out GOR

It will happen

1692986046301.png

Advertisement
You don't have to have my confidence. The offer has been in place for a year.

Then please allow me to revise my statement. "I wish I believed that." :)

Seriously though (and please excuse my ignorance here as I am not following this saga at all), if the offer has been extended for over a year, what is keeping UM from accepting it?

Seriously though (and please excuse my ignorance here as I am not following this saga at all), if the offer has been extended for over a year, what is keeping UM from accepting it?

Resolution of the GOR. We cannot sign onto a TV contract with the Big 10 until our availability is resolved (or at a bare minimum we have to be willing to fight it in court all the way up to the Supreme Court level). And until that happens, it's a "non-committable offer".

You can choose what you want to believe, but do you honestly believe the Big 10 is uninterested in expansion in the southeast? Because THAT is DEFINITELY not true.

Have you heard of the GOR and Exit fee? Those two issues need to be dealt with. There IS a belief that Fox will negotiate some deal with ESPN ... trading media rights etc. to enable the teams the B10 wants to be able to move. Lot of working parts and everything would have been better timing wise if the Pac 12 hadn't of imploded and put OR/WA into the b10 on a discounted share basis.

Advertisement
Have you heard of the GOR and Exit fee? Those two issues need to be dealt with. There IS a belief that Fox will negotiate some deal with ESPN ... trading media rights etc. to enable the teams the B10 wants to be able to move. Lot of working parts/

✅

Have you heard of the GOR and Exit fee? Those two issues need to be dealt with. There IS a belief that Fox will negotiate some deal with ESPN ... trading media rights etc. to enable the teams the B10 wants to be able to move. Lot of working parts and everything would have been better timing wise if the Pac 12 hadn't of imploded and put OR/WA into the b10 on a discounted share basis.

I understand the exit fee and have heard of the Gain of Rights but do not know what it is.

Again, I hate to be the guy who rolls into a thread with 12K+ posts and asks basic questions... yet here I am. :noidea:

I’ll bet my house Miami has a big ten offer subject to Miami and others sorting out GOR

It will happen
Are you closets big enough for all of my action figures??? In all seriousness though I just hope this resolution happens sooner rather than later if the press is going to keep this expansion in the news continously into the season

Advertisement
I understand the exit fee and have heard of the Gain of Rights but do not know what it is.

Again, I hate to be the guy who rolls into a thread with 12K+ posts and asks basic questions... yet here I am. :noidea:
Wow ... GOR = Grant of Rights. THAT is the entire reason that we are still HERE as opposed to headed to the B10. All ACC teams signed a MEDIA GRANT OF RIGHTS with the ACC which runs through 2036 and the ACC assigned / sold those rights to ESPN ... so ESPN controls 100% of our media rights (ie right to broadcast games and receive money) through 2036.

True. But @NorthernVirginiaCane has backed off of his 2036 claim, and now says we might only have to serve hard prison time until "the early 2030s".

But, yes, if anyone thinks Miami can survive FOURTEEN years of slow fiscal asphyxiation, then I don't know what else can be said...
I’m assuming that he still thinks we’re contractually stuck until 2036 but that we can afford the buyout a few years ahead of that???

Advertisement
Wow ... GOR = Grant of Rights. THAT is the entire reason that we are still HERE as opposed to headed to the B10. All ACC teams signed a MEDIA GRANT OF RIGHTS with the ACC which runs through 2036 and the ACC assigned / sold those rights to ESPN ... so ESPN controls 100% of our media rights (ie right to broadcast games and receive money) through
Rick be kind to a board og legend @SFbayCane even if he’s been behind a bit. He’s not a no vag type

Advertisement
So based on what I’m reading, the scenario we want to happen next is the B10 to swoop in and rescue Stanford and Cal before the ACC votes them in?
That clock is ticking down on that scenario.

So once the ACC admits the three new members, we are stuck until Miami works out their exit on their own, likely through big $$ (not likely) or the Big10 facilitating deal on Miami’s behalf (likely with partial share for x number of years).

I don;t think we can work with Clemson or FSu, since I’m not sure how feasible the B10 does that arrangement for multiple teams. Maybe one other team. I rather it be Clemson over FSU.

Much like Miami returning to be consistent Top 10 football program, leaving the ACC for the Big Ten will take longer than instant gratification prefers.

Advertisement
Back