MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
SemenHoles!!!!!!!!!!!!

warriors.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is pretty high level corporate/legal stuff. It’s akin to what I advised clients on in a previous life so I wouldn’t be so condescending to the majority of people who have never been around stuff like this.
Most likely A LOT of complex issues being addressed behind closed doors by ESPN, FOX, BIG10, SEC.

Media partners and conferences want ACC teams, want to negotiate SOME reasonable GOR buyback / ACC exit ... but also being careful as a precedent is being set that others in the conference would have some degree of rights to as well. If it was simple 8 teams would be out already, minimum.

So here's a question - if we show signs of life this season does that make us a more attractive proposal, or is this all about media markets?
Media markets are borderless. Its about eyeballs on screens.

Winning puts eyeballs on screens.

So yes, Miami needs to show capabilities for winning big games this season.

Very competitive showings against AtM, UNC, and Clemson have increased urgency in Y2 vs Y3 schedule...

This is pretty high level corporate/legal stuff. It’s akin to what I advised clients on in a previous life so I wouldn’t be so condescending to the majority of people who have never been around stuff like this.

I believe the condescending tone is directed at the people who are coming in here spouting bull**** that they read online from some halfwit who also knows little to nothing at all about what is truly going on, and treating it as gospel. Any and all condescending tone is well deserved. Those who come in with little to no knowledge but simply ask questions are treated quite well.

Advertisement
I believe the condescending tone is directed at the people who are coming in here spouting bull**** that they read online from some halfwit who also knows little to nothing at all about what is truly going on, and treating it as gospel. Any and all condescending tone is well deserved. Those who come in with little to no knowledge but simply ask questions are treated quite well.

Things have changed a bunch of times and have gotten more “complicated” so I am not sure the condescending tone is warranted unless the person is being a **** to deserve it….

The just listen to me, I know something schtick is played out 400 pages into a thread that the details keep morphing…

Advertisement
Judgment day for a lot prognosticators….
The primary wired in "prognosticators" (ie @Genetics56) have already stated that ANY announcement is highly doubtful by FSU / Clemson due to media partners (FOX ESPN) still in talks regarding money issues (GOR buyback / trade / share) and realistic expectations are some ACC teams announcing in time to be playing in another conference by 2025 ... so ... within the next 12 months.

Advertisement
Back