MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Season 6 Omg GIF by The Office

Advertisement

Miami would be perfect as the 14th team (West VA is the 13th team cutoff on the graphic)...

That’s an extremely winnable conference.

That's a disastrously ****** conference. A bigger Big East.

I don't give a **** if that is a "winnable" conference, a 12-team playoff system will not be limited to the "winners" of the Power 2 conferences.

1690677746317.png

Advertisement
The insult is not warranted for a poster of his caliber and only proving his previous point as to why he stops posting and giving his opinions on things, whether we agree with them or not.

People can’t handle him saying anything negative about UM.

I can handle @Memnon saying negative things about UM.

But his negative comments are also not warranted for a poster of his caliber.

It’s all good, as you can see I’m not even engaging with him because it’s not necessary.

But it’s hilarious how people immediately respond with insults to a difference of opinion, something I never do, but then want to make me out to be the bad guy lol.

Instead of arguing the point they attack me because that’s their issue, it’s not the opinion, it’s who it’s coming from.
You’re not the only one that gets attacked for their opinions. You’re one the highest profile posters (#2 in total reaction score) on this board so your opinions, and knowledge for that matter, carry a lot of weight good, bad, or indifferent.

You know as well as anyone, we all have our supporters and detractors. Wrongly so, some only have the ability to attack instead of offering an intelligent rebuttal. Additionally, you recently seem to have adopted a negative persona towards the program that brings an entirely different audience into play.

Ignore the noise and respond only to those that can rebut in a respectful manner.

Advertisement
USC and UCLA had more chances to stack conference titles and go to the CFBP in the Pac 12 than in the B1G, but what have they done?

It is not a choice between difficult and easy circumstances, it’s a choice between living or dying.

But, sure, y’all would prefer to throw 50000000 yards in the Sun Belt Conference.

Exactly.

You've got @Memnon acting like the Big 12 is so "winnable", but the annual conference payouts will be HALF of what the Big 10/SEC gets.

And in THAT circumstance, we have an even worse chance of success. Sure, maybe we would "make" the playoffs, if the Big 10 and SEC actually give the Big 12 an automatic qualifier spot, but we'd be knocked out in the first round.

Pick your poison. Big 10 money allows us to compete. Then it's up to us.

NONE of those programs have a permanent lock on the top spots. All of those programs have been at the top AND at the bottom over the last few decades.

It's just tiring to listen to someone tell you that the current power structure is going to be permanent and unchangeable, when history has shown the exact opposite.

That being said, I haven't seen anywhere the Big 10 getting a pro rata guarantee on any additions like the Big XII has. The SEC does have that at least from ESPN.

That would seem to be a huge ace in the hole for Sankey should the ACC unravel.

Full share right out of the gate for any newcomers to the SEC

Makes one wonder what ESPN had in mind including a clause that could cost them $70M or more annually per additional school

That's a disastrously ****** conference. A bigger Big East.

I don't give a **** if that is a "winnable" conference, a 12-team playoff system will not be limited to the "winners" of the Power 2 conferences.

View attachment 248581
You might be in bootleg conference if your posterboy is a dude that will be extremely lucky to even get 3 wins this year in the Pac-5.

I give Yormark credit for at least trying and essentially surviving whereas the ACC and Pac-4 are in hospice care right now butttttt we all should never fool ourselves about what the Big 12 is OR will be. The dream credibility bump of an addition of the Arizona schools is beyond laughable. UDub and Nike U ending up there in an Armageddon type situation for both those schools will barely move the needle for the Big 12 overall in comparison to the B1G and SEC but it certainly WILL move the needle NEGATIVELY in relation to the images/"prestige" of Washington and Oregon.

Advertisement
Whatever… who’s to say that he can’t have his opinion but him???

And I don’t agree with him btw

I never said he can't have his opinion.

I am saying that such a weird and baseless opinion, in the face of contradictory facts such as "expanded playoff field" and "Big 12 will get paid half of what the Big 10/SEC gets paid" is strange for such an otherwise bright and informed poster.

Much though I would like to win our conference every year, the new playoff reality is that you will NOT need to win your conference.

And the repetition of "but but but we never won the ACC" ignores the fact that we were Big East champs or co-champs in 9 of the 13 years we were in the conference.

go back to read from first year contracts.

Black's Law:

IRREVOCABLE.​

Definition:
Which cannot be revoked or recalled.

Just typical August overheated message board gossip ...
Im drunk and Im prolly not gonna regret it and maudes will prolly delete....

Or not....

BUT PLEASE.
SHUT.
THE.
UP.
PLEASE.

K thx

Advertisement
Never won the conference we played in
Never made the playoffs from our very average conference

But moving to a harder conference will increase our odds in doing both of those things?

I get the business aspect of it, because ultimately its about money, but somehow I’m the crazy one because a team that has been perennial underachievers for the greater part of 2 decades is suddenly gonna win more under more difficult circumstances...

If yall say so 🤷🏽‍♂️
Yesterdays performance doesn't predict tomorrows performance.

You're also ignoring the elephant in the room that WE are different. We have an entirely different Commitment from the top down, a much higher level of investment, an entirely different coaching staff who will have us loaded with more talent and far greater culture than we've had in those 2 decades of underachieving.

Then in your list of schools we should apparently fear or have no hope of outperforming or getting into the CFP over, you list Michigan St, South Carolina, Mizzou, ******* Purdue, etc. lol. Like try to tell me that isn't a complete joke.

I never said he can't have his opinion.

I am saying that such a weird and baseless opinion, in the face of contradictory facts such as "expanded playoff field" and "Big 12 will get paid half of what the Big 10/SEC gets paid" is strange for such an otherwise bright and informed poster.

Much though I would like to win our conference every year, the new playoff reality is that you will NOT need to win your conference.

And the repetition of "but but but we never won the ACC" ignores the fact that we were Big East champs or co-champs in 9 of the 13 years we were in the conference.
I don’t agree with his opinion on joining the Big 12 over the BIG 10 either but lets keep it to the merits, or lack thereof, of the argument.

This started with one poster calling him an idiot which is not something that should be said to him, and now you saying his comments are beneath him or whatever but he’s giving his opinion. When challenged he gave his reasons, agree with them or not. And when people don’t like his opinion, they get upset more than they would with any other poster, which is why he stops posting at times - because he’s held to a different standard. Now that standard was earned because he’s a smart guy and an all time great here in my opinion - he’s in my top 5, and number one on football. But just challenge the claim and backup with your own.

For real, we’d be crazy to go anywhere but the Big 10 1st.

Advertisement
Back