MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
I'd be incredibly surprised if you can do anything without a super majority.

Probably the more likely scenario in the short to medium term is an ESPN bankruptcy, where the contracts can get rejected.

Who makes up insane bullcrap like this?

You should be banned solely on the grounds of posting false information.

Nope. Last year the Big 12 paid nearly $8M more per school. The ACC contract is truly horrible.

From the Sports Business Journal LINK

• The big question will come down to price. Media companies believe the Big 12 deal set the market. The Pac-12 still is aiming higher. Keep in mind, the Pac-12 will have fewer schools -- 10 instead of 12 -- after USC and UCLA depart for the Big Ten. That’s two fewer mouths to feed. ESPN took pains to make sure that its Big 12 deal would not result in a bigger per-school payout than the ACC. Because of the ACC Network, it’s difficult to determine how much ACC schools make from its ESPN deal. But I was told that the Big 12 will not eclipse the ACC on that front at any point during the Big 12's deal, which runs through 2030-31. ESPN is likely to approach Pac-12 negotiations in a similar way.

While it may appear that the Big 12 is being paid $8M more per school...they're not. The ACC numbers made public don't include ACC Network revenue. That's by design.

Advertisement
Who makes up insane bullcrap like this?

You should be banned solely on the grounds of posting false information.
He's a mega idiot and Manny Diaz juggle the balls swallow the gravy (pause) type of guy.

Never reply to him.
Even if you think our Creator said so, don't reply to him. Its like losing brain cells and God doesn't want his creation losing brain cells, He loves his creation.

From the Sports Business Journal LINK

While it may appear that the Big 12 is being paid $8M more per school...they're not. The ACC numbers made public don't include ACC Network revenue. That's by design.

Someone needs to send that article to RAVING MORON Mike Bianchi at The Orlando Sentinel.

Right, @SWFLHurricane ?

Big Ten doesn't like small private schools either. Nobody does. The exceptions to that in football are short: Notre Dame, big gap, USC, and maybe Miami if we can ever stop tripping over our own ____ and get super relevant.
I LITERALLY JUST SCREAMED WOULD YOU JUST SHUT THE **** UP OUT LIUD READING YOUR POSTS THE PAST FEW DAYS.

Internet is back up in your area? I'll he glad when you actually STFU while being proven wrong OVER AND OVER AGAIN like time permits.

Yah our Creator is good. He is almighty and just. He shows me how time and time again.... over and over again.... how much you don't know ****.... over and over again....but reminds me, thru his laws, statues, commandments, wisdom and knowledge of WHY TO NEVER BE LIKE @NorthernVirginiaCane

Jokes aside, I really can't stand you, or your eye pollution you release onto the board. And eye pollution is just as bad as noise and air pollution.

#SaveMotherEarth

Advertisement
@Cane6 was correct, I was referring to the 2016 version rather than the original GOR (which is what is public, you can tell because it lists 2013 as the date). The assumption is that the 2016 version is more restrictive
Yeah… I was told there’s a later version. The 2013 one hoops posted isn’t it. Seems like you know a good deal about it. Hopefully it’s 8 to dissolve the conference and we have 8.

see attached
The GOR presented here is NOT the current GOR. The one presented is the brief FOUR PAGE document that had a termination date 6/20/2027. That document was REPLACED by a new GOR document that is reportedly 30 pages long and has the contract termination date of 2036.

These AD's are as sleezy as politicians. They will be talking up to ACC 2 days before they announce they found the solution to terminate the contract. "Yeah we are talking about giving more to the bigger schools from the smaller pie ". Why would the smaller revenue schools agree to that when everyone is already getn screwed. Everyone even BC should be determined to find a solution out of it. Find man with landing spots and gtfo.

Btw i dont care about these AD's crying over money. If these moves are all being made for football, the programs should be mandated to spend a certain amount on their football program. The ACC teams simply didnt, we included before Mario. Hence bad football product and less attractive than the 2 big conferences. The BIG is the same btw, except they have old money. You look at the yearly recruiting rankings and you see why the SEC swamps everyone on the field. Not rocket science.

Fact or fiction?

I’m sure a conversation was had Tuesday like “Hey AD’s, can you do us a super duper huge favor and tell everyone you’re not actually mad about having a worse TV revenue deal than UCF?. Thanks!”

Advertisement
There were several iterations and addendums to the document. The 2012 version is basic and doesn’t reveal much

I’m having trouble finding it again, but in one of the 2016 addendums there was language about dissolution of the conference by way of a majority (currently sits at 8) of the schools leaving. I remember it specifically saying no penalties would apply….. that was about the only halfway thought out protection the schools put in for themselves

Hence why the top 4 are working to find the mid tier schools a new home

@Ispyin are you able to corroborate?
There is also "supposedly" some wording in the new extended agreement that includes some wording addressing the members having rights to possibly terminate in the event of some sort of disparity in $$$ remuneration compared to "similar programs in other conferences". There was a journalist who had a copy of the new agreement, he read it and in HIS OPINION it is not iron clad but "malleable". To me the action by the "magnificent 7" is one to clearly establish the FACT that they are receiving significantly less remuneration in the ACC than "similar brands in other conferences".

Advertisement

download (2).jpeg

There's no doubt in my mind Miami (and plenty of others) will eventually leave the ACC. But the whole "you only need 8 schools to agree to leaving in order to void the contract" seems too good to be true.

With that said, I'm sure every single ACC team is exploring next steps. Even Duke, Syracuse, Wake Forest, etc. Nobody wants to be left holding the bag and the smoke has been there for quite some time.

It's not a matter if, but when.

To rewind the tape to this question: What schools can the ACC or Pac add to save their conferences?

(I’m more in the camp that the ACC is dead.)

Advertisement
Back