MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
If we go to the SEC, I refuse to say the "it just means more" bs
I'll say w/e the **** they want me to say if it means Miami gets another $20M to put towards football every year.

Comedy Lol GIF by HBO Max

Advertisement
ND is contractually obligated to join the ACC if it joins a conference. I don't see how it can join the Big10 unless they are talking about about 2035.
Teams will start announcing their intention to leave in the future within the contract, and eventually they'll have a quorom to just dissolve the conference (8 teams) so that the survivors can all move up their exit timelines.

Advertisement
Teams will start announcing their intention to leave in the future within the contract, and eventually they'll have a quorom to just dissolve the conference (8 teams) so that the survivors can all move up their exit timelines.
Correct. You don’t have to leave to reduce confidence in the building, you merely have to behave as if you are going to leave.

I could also see lawyers of Miami/fsu/clemson right now combing through the GOR to see how it can be negotiated down a-la Maryland.

Advertisement
These confederate schools aren’t letting us in there so we can cheat ahead. Lol. No no no…. And no.

I think the SEC is a death blow for us. If they got us under their control, the Gator, Bama… all of em would create rules we need to follow which would eliminate our ability to compete above board like we are finally starting to now while they go back to their under the table dealings advantages. We’d be ****ed.

I don’t like it and don’t trust it one bit. I think we’d have a better shot at survival in the B1G.

These confederate schools aren’t letting us in there so we can cheat ahead. Lol. No no no…. And no.

I think the SEC is a death blow for us. If they got us under their control, the Gator, Bama… all of em would create rules we need to follow which would eliminate our ability to compete above board like we are finally starting to now while they go back to their under the table dealings advantages. We’d be ****ed.

I don’t like it and don’t trust it one bit. I think we’d have a better shot at survival in the B1G.

1656712621934.webp

Advertisement

What would those rules even look like? Right now it seems to be their collectives which are just worse than our enterprises large enough to allocate marketing budget. Even if you somehow stopped what we're doing, despite it being much closer to what was intended, our same sources of spending could just pay it into a collective.

Fvck man I tried telling people the last 2 years when I had to illegally stream Miami games from ACC Network because nobody has the **** thing. My mom lives back in NJ and couldn’t even watch Canes games because her provider didn’t offer it. **** this conference. It’s Mickey Mouse.

Incorrect.

"The Irish are hitched to a pair of television contracts. The deal with NBC runs through 2025 and draws approximately $15 million per year. ESPN's contract with the ACC runs through 2036. That grant of rights deal includes language that if Irish choose to join a conference in football before 2036, they are contractually obligated to join the ACC."

Advertisement
Back