College Gameday

They want a stacked roster, should have just kept him and waited for that HC to be available. He wasn't available and they rushed a firing and paid for it. Miami back channeled to make sure Mario was on board before getting rid of Manny, UF should of done the same
Get Lee Corso off my television

It hasn’t been endearing in years

Advertisement
They want a stacked roster, should of just kept him and waited for that HC to be available. He wasn't available and they rushed a firing and paid for it. Miami back channeled to make sure Mario was on board before getting rid of Manny, UF should of done the same

I wouldn't call it a back channel. It was the worst kept secret in cfb.

Regardless how many of us felt about Manny, the way UM handled his departure was trashy.

If you don't want the guy, get rid of him. None of this, "You can stay, if the other guy says no" b.s.

Advertisement
Exactly. As fun as it was… Saban was pushing his agenda…
You have to ask why a guy is in the portal. Is a talented guy looking to go to a more prominent school for more exposure and better tape (Ward, for example) or because they couldn’t beat guys out at established schools like Bama and UGA (MJJ, for example)? FSU succeeded with the former (Verse, etc) and have failed with the latter.

They want a stacked roster, should have just kept him and waited for that HC to be available. He wasn't available and they rushed a firing and paid for it. Miami back channeled to make sure Mario was on board before getting rid of Manny, UF should of done the same
Mullen was a great coach and an extremely lazy recruiter. Instead of recruiting, he was sitting around bars in Gainesville getting drunk. They were right to fire him. The AD is the problem. He’s made three ****** hires in a row and overseen two abuse scandals and done nothing about them.

What y’all should really be hoping for is for Sully to retire before they get rid of Stricklin. That will ***** the baseball team for years. The football team will already be rebuilding for a long time.

Advertisement
Herbie picked UiF to beat us

Now he singled out our game for USF to cover

I see what he’s doing
It’s called RATINGS…

Edit: there’s a reason the only storyline this week is that USF plays better opponents tough, and no one goes into stats. Media wants eyes on the game. If they actually did analysis, they’d have to admit our strengths are passing, while USF’s passing D sucks, etc., and then people wouldn’t watch. It’s simple.

F$U and UiF fans even before kickoffs today:

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

It’s called RATINGS…

Edit: there’s a reason the only storyline this week is that USF plays better opponents tough, and no one goes into stats. Media wants eyes on the game. If they actually did analysis, they’d have to admit our strengths are passing, while USF’s passing D sucks, etc., and then people wouldn’t watch. It’s simple.
You’re looking at it logically

I was just making a sort of joke about Herbie playing reverse psychology for us because we know he loves Miami

You’re looking at it logically

I was just making a sort of joke about Herbie playing reverse psychology for us because we know he loves Miami
Ah, sorry! 🤣

I was skimming through Gameday quickly this morning and they all seemed to be saying the same thing. Seems to be a bit of a company line this week. I do agree with you on Herbie though!

Advertisement
Ah, sorry! 🤣

I was skimming through Gameday quickly this morning and they all seemed to be saying the same thing. Seems to be a bit of a company line this week. I do agree with you on Herbie though!
You’re spot on though. Drum up whatever interest in the game you can it’s a bit of a free promo

People love to watch us for the good and the bad. I’m sure people are like hey let’s see if USF can knock these guys off etc

Regardless how many of us felt about Manny, the way UM handled his departure was trashy.

If you don't want the guy, get rid of him. None of this, "You can stay, if the other guy says no" b.s.
Whatever if it’s “trashy” and got us to where we at so be it. Cut throat means you taking **** serious and want to stop being humiliated. UM finally grew balls and got rid of that soft snow flake ****.

Advertisement
Mullen was a great coach and an extremely lazy recruiter. Instead of recruiting, he was sitting around bars in Gainesville getting drunk. They were right to fire him. The AD is the problem. He’s made three ****** hires in a row and overseen two abuse scandals and done nothing about them.

What y’all should really be hoping for is for Sully to retire before they get rid of Stricklin. That will ***** the baseball team for years. The football team will already be rebuilding for a long time.
I agree he should have got let go but for Billy that’s a downgrade when you are surrounded by elite recruiting schools. If he just had to deal with down programs trying not to win maybe it works a bit. Wrong place at the wrong time

If this was a regular job we were talking about, I would agree. There aren’t very many top notch coaches that just become available right after you fire the coach and hoping/wishing for one isn’t the best strategy. Was it a noble approach by UM? Hard no. Manny landed softly.

Advertisement
Back