CIS D-Day - February 17, 2023 - “Meat” at the Titanic!

You got one uptown on Arthur Avenue, and another downtown on Mulberry Street. Both are "neighborhoods," hence the "A Bronx Tale" references. You got to be nuts to argue with me about this.

Let's not get into the whole Italian thing. Please.

My old man's side of the family is from the boot, Calabria. When I say I'm going to Little Italy, I am referring to 187th St, usually to make a run at Casa Della Mozzarella, Borgatis, etc.

What you know about LilMoMozzarella, lol

How ya doin!!!!!

Italian Dancing GIF by Sidetalk
My roommate from college was from Brooklyn. I know I ordered a sandwich in Bensonhurst with cap-uh-co-luh and “gabagool” came out of the order taker’s mouth.

Advertisement
St. Marks Pizza was just a place, nothing special. McSorley's is a few blocks away, an an iconic and special place.

dark >> light

All the time I spent in the Village I never went to McSorley's.

The Continental on 3rd was legendary for cheap drinks.

St. Marks used to be the **** until the area got gentrified. Dumpling Man, Sock Man, sheeeeit. I got my first bong down there, lol

Village was a wild place to be as a teen in the 90s. Pot Parade at Washington Square Park, lol.

Loved that ****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Baaaaaasically a true story. I'm not sure if Garo made all the sales himself, but he got into fashion/clothing while he was a player and did fairly well with it afer retirement. Those were the days when you had to supplement your income as a football player, PLUS Joe Robbie was notorious for paying horrible salaries.
Robbie was tighter than a crab ***.

You got one uptown on Arthur Avenue, and another downtown on Mulberry Street. Both are "neighborhoods," hence the "A Bronx Tale" references. You got to be nuts to argue with me about this.

Let's not get into the whole Italian thing. Please.

My old man's side of the family is from the boot, Calabria. When I say I'm going to Little Italy, I am referring to 187th St, usually to make a run at Casa Della Mozzarella, Borgatis, etc.

What you know about LilMoMozzarella, lol

How ya doin!!!!!

Italian Dancing GIF by Sidetalk

Adorable that you think that having a great great grandfather who lived 5000 miles away from NYC than you never met thinks that give you some sort of authority to overrule NYC geography, but never change. Everything I posted is 1000% true. You is slinging gabagool wish sandwiches! ;)

image.png

image.jpeg
Kiss GIF by The Godfather

Im Right Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Advertisement
All the time I spent in the Village I never went to McSorley's.

The Continental on 3rd was legendary for cheap drinks.

St. Marks used to be the **** until the area got gentrified. Dumpling Man, Sock Man, sheeeeit. I got my first bong down there, lol

Village was a wild place to be as a teen in the 90s. Pot Parade at Washington Square Park, lol.

Loved that ****.

Never went to McSorely's? And you're arguing ANYTHING with ANYONE about NYC?? : )

Continental: 5 SHOTS OF ANYTHING FOR $10!!

Going way back before our time, St. marks was also the site of the legendary Electric Circus.

Advertisement
Nah Man....Arthur Ave has been the real Little Italy for decades...The Little Italy in Manhattan has become (and has been) touristy, much like Lombardi's Pizza has become. Don't get me wrong, the Mulberry St/Little Italy has unbelievable Italian fare, and has for yrs...but the majority of Italian families (such as mine) know Arthur Ave as the real Little Italy)

You don't get it. Read my posts again.

Advertisement
Back