CIS D-Day - February 17, 2023 - “Meat” at the Titanic!

Yeah but the Nascar fans started arriving last Wednesday. I live in DeLand where International Speedway Blvd dead ends to the West. Never seen more fat 60 year old couples walking around in cargo shorts with Pennzoil jerseys on.
Funny you say that. My daughter and I were driving back from Jacksonville airport last night. Stopped to get takeout on way to our house in Palm Coast. In walk 3 couples exactly, how you describe them above coming from the Speedway...lol.

Advertisement
I grew up in Hollywood and remember hearing about this but never saw it in person.

Not sure if they have rebuilt it yet. I usually took the Midpoint Bridge, my house and office were both off of Colonial (FTM) and Veterans (CC), but whenever I was doing stuff in south Fort Myers, I would take the original Cape Coral Bridge to get home. Always loved seeing "Big John".

Or bbq it.

But it goes to show how supply and demand has lower prices despite inflation over the course of 50+ years.

God bless you, sir.

Only deviation we really make with Aaron's recipe is to leave the skin on and inject Cajun butter. But otherwise, the ratios and steps are the same for the turkey we put in the oven. Deep fry we have to be careful with, that's a LOT of butter to deep fry.

Advertisement
George Mira’s Pizza Huddle. I remember when I was a kid my mom went by there one afternoon and when she got home she said Garo Yepremian and some other former Dolphins players were hanging out there shooting the breeze with Mira.
My pops always tells me that Garo sold silk ties out of a stall at Mall of the Americas. Any of you old heads ever actually see that place? I figure it's just a story.

I respect that you have a lot of feelings, but "Little Italy" is in lower Manhattan and "Arthur Avenue" is in the Bronx. Now I appreciate that you think, with some validity, that Arthur Ave has become the the more authentic place for Italian food and food shopping, and no one is arguing with you there, but they are called what they are called.

No one in NYC, Italian or not, local or not, is going to say "let's go have dinner in Little Italy" and mean the Bronx. Period. If you tell anyone to meet you in Little Italy for dinner, you're going to end up eating at Randazzo's alone, while they all have a grand time breaking bread at Il Cortile on Mulberry without you.

I'll give you credit though, you're on a roll lately! : )

But show respect for reality.

Marlon Brando Godfather GIF by Filmin
Nah Man....Arthur Ave has been the real Little Italy for decades...The Little Italy in Manhattan has become (and has been) touristy, much like Lombardi's Pizza has become. Don't get me wrong, the Mulberry St/Little Italy has unbelievable Italian fare, and has for yrs...but the majority of Italian families (such as mine) know Arthur Ave as the real Little Italy)

I respect that you have a lot of feelings, but "Little Italy" is in lower Manhattan and "Arthur Avenue" is in the Bronx. Now I appreciate that you think, with some validity, that Arthur Ave has become the the more authentic place for Italian food and food shopping, and no one is arguing with you there, but they are called what they are called.

No one in NYC, Italian or not, local or not, is going to say "let's go have dinner in Little Italy" and mean the Bronx. Period. If you tell anyone to meet you in Little Italy for dinner, you're going to end up eating at Randazzo's alone, while they all have a grand time breaking bread at Il Cortile on Mulberry without you.

I'll give you credit though, you're on a roll lately! : )

But show respect for reality.

Marlon Brando Godfather GIF by Filmin

You got one uptown on Arthur Avenue, and another downtown on Mulberry Street. Both are "neighborhoods," hence the "A Bronx Tale" references. You got to be nuts to argue with me about this.

Let's not get into the whole Italian thing. Please.

My old man's side of the family is from the boot, Calabria. When I say I'm going to Little Italy, I am referring to 187th St, usually to make a run at Casa Della Mozzarella, Borgatis, etc.

What you know about LilMoMozzarella, lol

How ya doin!!!!!

Italian Dancing GIF by Sidetalk

Advertisement
Everybody knows the real Little Italy is in San Diego. Unless this is just some stupid ****ing contest. Because I'm pretty sure it really doesn't ******* matter what YOU call Little Italy. The neighborhood that has the sign and is known as Little Italy is in Lower Manhattan on Mulberry St.

Advertisement
You got one uptown on Arthur Avenue, and another downtown on Mulberry Street. Both are "neighborhoods," hence the "A Bronx Tale" references. You got to be nuts to argue with me about this.

Let's not get into the whole Italian thing. Please.

My old man's side of the family is from the boot, Calabria. When I say I'm going to Little Italy, I am referring to 187th St, usually to make a run at Casa Della Mozzarella, Borgatis, etc.

What you know about LilMoMozzarella, lol

How ya doin!!!!!

Italian Dancing GIF by Sidetalk
My Mom was born in Calabria (1920)...she was 1yrs old when my Grandparents came to America. 1st settled in the Lower East Side, then to Brooklyn in 1925.

Everybody knows the real Little Italy is in San Diego. Unless this is just some stupid ****ing contest. Because I'm pretty sure it really doesn't ******* matter what YOU call Little Italy. The neighborhood that has the sign and is known as Little Italy is in Lower Manhattan on Mulberry St.

Please Stop it....A sign is meaningless...

Advertisement
This place has some of the wackiest decor I have ever been to. Even their bathroom and entrance is oddly cool I think it even won an award.

Isn’t the entrance to the men’s room an old phone booth or something like that?

My pops always tells me that Garo sold silk ties out of a stall at Mall of the Americas. Any of you old heads ever actually see that place? I figure it's just a story.

Baaaaaasically a true story. I'm not sure if Garo made all the sales himself, but he got into fashion/clothing while he was a player and did fairly well with it afer retirement. Those were the days when you had to supplement your income as a football player, PLUS Joe Robbie was notorious for paying horrible salaries.

Advertisement
Back