Chris Curry

Advertisement
I wanted him. Boy run hard like Marshall Lynch and is fast enough to where his speed isn't a turn off. I do find it funny that he is suddenly a top 10 RB after largely being unknown w/ no word on how he looks in camps meanwhile Most of the UM commits dominate the camps, really impressive against top comp, or at the very least did nothing to hurt their rating and their rating get pushed down. Boy wouldn't have gotten bump had he been commited here.

Where did this talk of 3 RBs come from? Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I don't remember anything about 3 until just now.

Didn't mean to down vote your post.

UM recently offered the big back from American Heritage.
Link below
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/abrham-alce-american-heritage/120504

Go Canes

UM offered him as a FB, not as a RB. Curry's not coming here, unless somehow Lo or Cam de-committed and went elsewhere. I'll ride with what we have.

I wanted him. Boy run hard like Marshall Lynch and is fast enough to where his speed isn't a turn off. I do find it funny that he is suddenly a top 10 RB after largely being unknown w/ no word on how he looks in camps meanwhile Most of the UM commits dominate the camps, really impressive against top comp, or at the very least did nothing to hurt their rating and their rating get pushed down. Boy wouldn't have gotten bump had he been commited here.
He didn't camp a lot because of the foot injury

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Where did this talk of 3 RBs come from? Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I don't remember anything about 3 until just now.

They are taking TWO this cycle.

They'll probably change that when they find out message board dudes think they should take 3.

This could be the greatest post of all-time. Reading this board is the definition of insanity......... you know how the saying goes. I would love it if we somehow found out CMR, Manny , Kool, and Rump Shaker read this board.

Ya Curry was the head scratcher for me of the whole recruiting season...The kid is excellent. IMO, better than Cam Davis (and I like Davis), but even if it isn't a matter of "better"---they are good enough where you take 3 and get a stable in here.

Gotta grin and bear it though, they are happy with Lingard and Davis. One reason may be the fact the kid Curry is almost a year old for his grade. Believe he's 19 or close to it already. He's a freight train though in a Richt power running offense. LSU is a great fit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ya Curry was the head scratcher for me of the whole recruiting season...The kid is excellent. IMO, better than Cam Davis (and I like Davis), but even if it isn't a matter of "better"---they are good enough where you take 3 and get a stable in here.

Gotta grin and bear it though, they are happy with Lingard and Davis. One reason may be the fact the kid Curry is almost a year old for his grade. Believe he's 19 or close to it already. He's a freight train though in a Richt power running offense. LSU is a great fit.

You understand that sometimes if you insist on taking 3 you might not get all 3 right? Maybe we got the 2 we got because they were assured that they were the only 2.

And if we got Curry you'd be complaining that Cam is better.

Curry is good, but his tape is against truly awful competition. He's not going to be running away from guys like that at the college level, while Cam and Lingard both have P5 breakaway speed

Curry is good, but his tape is against truly awful competition. He's not going to be running away from guys like that at the college level, while Cam and Lingard both have P5 breakaway speed

Jacques Patrick 2.0

Advertisement
He's not better than Cam.

To each their own...I did like Davis spring game stuff better than his previous film. Actually showed better feet and shake. He's a no-nonsense runner and i like that about him. Glad he's in this class. Just think Curry is definitely the goods...He's T.Rich/J.Hill/Alex Collins imo.

It's a small complaint, when a kid like that once to come, unless you are stacked at RB--- you take him.

You understand that sometimes if you insist on taking 3 you might not get all 3 right? Maybe we got the 2 we got because they were assured that they were the only 2.

Fair enough, I've definitely considered that could be the case. I know Curry seemed like he wasn't going anywhere though, he was ours if we wanted him....And if Davis would have bolted so be it IMO. But you are right, I wouldn't have risked losing Lingard.

Advertisement

It's not always about running away from people, but about breaking one tackle to turn a 2 yard gain into a 7 yard gain. That is what I believe Curry can bring to the table. Sure, he might not break any 80 yard runs, but in all honesty, how often does anyone? If you're asking your back to be nothing more than a breakaway threat, there's a **** good chance he's not breaking that first tackle, because he's thinking down the field. Curry is good enough to break some tackles and get some tough yards. And who knows, if he gets into the secondary he has a darn good chance of turning a DB into cannon fodder. Pretty easy to outrun a guy you plowed into the turf. Ask Larry Csonka.

It's not always about running away from people, but about breaking one tackle to turn a 2 yard gain into a 7 yard gain. That is what I believe Curry can bring to the table. Sure, he might not break any 80 yard runs, but in all honesty, how often does anyone? If you're asking your back to be nothing more than a breakaway threat, there's a **** good chance he's not breaking that first tackle, because he's thinking down the field. Curry is good enough to break some tackles and get some tough yards. And who knows, if he gets into the secondary he has a darn good chance of turning a DB into cannon fodder. Pretty easy to outrun a guy you plowed into the turf. Ask Larry Csonka.

Amen... and Don't worry the kid isn't hurting for speed either, especially for his size...he can break one, he's not a plodder.

Again no problem with what we got. Like Davis, really like Lingard. And '19 there are a lot of backs as listed in the other thread.

Last edited:
if Burns gets hurt this year I say get another one in this class . If he's reliable than we don't need 3 rbs

We aren't getting a 3rd RB. Maybe a fullback that is local who could be a 4 year starter. If we are offering a kicker to be on Scholarship then a Fullback would serve us well also.

Advertisement
Back