CB Jaboree Antoine commits to Miami

View as article
Mocking Ha Ha GIF by WWE

Advertisement
For those with info - what is this young man’s skill set? Cover corner with long wingspan I am assuming? How is his open field tackling? Speed? By the looks he probably could use a few pounds (which is not uncommon for any HS CB). Needs a strong SR season because he missed a lot in 23 due to injury I read. QB experience is definitely a positive.

Pulling this kid out of New Iberia whether it was because he was ****ed at LSU regarding Pickett or whatever is HUUUGE !!!!

Even if he does flip and we flip Pickett back this shows we have the guns in Mario,Guidry and Jackson to go in and go head to head with Kelly.

I don’t care what Kelly is spewing about NIL LSU is spending Millions putting this class together and just gave the 5* WR they just got BIIIIIG BUCKS to commit.

I’d love to hold on to Slime and flip Pickett back and really stick it to Kelly but either way we’ve put LSU on notice that the old way where all kids just go to LSU because they’re LSU might not be so automatic as it once was.

Last edited:
I honestly would've felt better with dj had he picked Oregon. I know that would've been an easy flip. I think we still get him long run because LSU is broken on defense and I think they struggle this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see a change over on the defensive side of the ball to some extent. But they are very persuasive as we both know. Antoine I hope we can hold on to cause the kids upside is crazy. His length and leverage he plays with is crazy for a kid who still has a ton of development in front of him. If we do land both of them to go along with this safety class #6 here we come...
Imo Antoine is a better corner and Pickett better athlete. Antoine is just so smooth and natural he’s **** near a sure thing. I see Pickett more of a hybrid type player at the next level. Playing multiple spots.

Advertisement
Imo Antoine is a better corner and Pickett better athlete. Antoine is just so **** smooth and natural he’s **** near a sure thing. I see Pickett more of a hybrid type player at the next level. Playing multiple spots.
When they showed his highlights on On3 I saw Morris Claiborne. I’ll defer to LCE on comparisons though.

Advertisement
Imo Antoine is a better corner and Pickett better athlete. Antoine is just so smooth and natural he’s **** near a sure thing. I see Pickett more of a hybrid type player at the next level. Playing multiple spots.
Spot on. Antoine has some traits that REALLY catch the eye & tell you when this kid physically develops and adapts to his body, he a #1 lockdown corner all day. Dj I wouldn't be surprised if he was eventually lining up at free. That's not because he doesn't have the ability to be a lockdown corner. I just don't think it comes naturally to him because of his build. Freak athlete with the ability to thrive in multiple roles across multiple schemes.

Advertisement
When/if Mario and Miami start winning big(which means 10-plus wins and playoff births) nobody will want to recruit against Miami on a national level. When Miami is elite, it is absolutely a national program(go all the way back to the last two classes of Jimmy Johnson).

Getting back to really winning is the last box to check, here

Spot on. Antoine has some traits that REALLY catch the eye & tell you when this kid physically develops and adapts to his body, he a #1 lockdown corner all day. Dj I wouldn't be surprised if he was eventually lining up at free. That's not because he doesn't have the ability to be a lockdown corner. I just don't think it comes naturally to him because of his build. Freak athlete with the ability to thrive in multiple roles across multiple schemes.
Pickett has such unique size and length ( pause) mixed with his athletic ability that most coaches will be tempted to used him at multiple spots. Safety , nickel and maybe even LB on pass downs.

Advertisement
I honestly would've felt better with dj had he picked Oregon. I know that would've been an easy flip. I think we still get him long run because LSU is broken on defense and I think they struggle this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see a change over on the defensive side of the ball to some extent. But they are very persuasive as we both know. Antoine I hope we can hold on to cause the kids upside is crazy. His length and leverage he plays with is crazy for a kid who still has a ton of development in front of him. If we do land both of them to go along with this safety class #6 here we come...

Advertisement
Back