Canes vs LBS

I admittedly haven't watched much of this team this year. But I do follow them and check scores after each game. I've been most impressed with our defense. It's superior to what we've had in recent memory. No? This team seems like they do the little things right and play the game the right way. On the offensive side, I haven't seen many balls squared up. Are we a light hitting team or just slumping?

Defense has been notably improved over the last few seasons (when some of it was embarrassing to say the least). Bats are not clicking consistently right now. Collins isn't having the best weekend. Or to some is in an epic slump.

At this point I would call 2-18 with 12 strike outs in tournament play and 3-22 with 14 SO in his last 6 games for one of the best hitters in the country an epic slump for him.

The worst part is Collins isn't drawing any walks and that is normally where he helps.

Advertisement
After 8 pitches, I though that was going to be Garcia's best outing in a while.
I pulled up his stats since the Pitt series. This is what he's given us in his last 8 appearances (average).

1 IP 1.5 H .375 R .75 BB 1.25 K 5.25 BF 21 P

I'm going to go the positive route and say he's due for an appearance of the 0 runs-0 hits-12 pitch variety, starting with game 6 tonight.

Last edited:
I admittedly haven't watched much of this team this year. But I do follow them and check scores after each game. I've been most impressed with our defense. It's superior to what we've had in recent memory. No? This team seems like they do the little things right and play the game the right way. On the offensive side, I haven't seen many balls squared up. Are we a light hitting team or just slumping?

Defense has been notably improved over the last few seasons (when some of it was embarrassing to say the least). Bats are not clicking consistently right now. Collins isn't having the best weekend. Or to some is in an epic slump.

At this point I would call 2-18 with 12 strike outs in tournament play and 3-22 with 14 SO in his last 6 games for one of the best hitters in the country an epic slump for him.

The worst part is Collins isn't drawing any walks and that is normally where he helps.

After the UVA series on April 24th, Collins was batting .425.
I didn't expect him to continue at that pace but I did think he would flirt with .400 for most of the season.
He is now at .353, 19 games later.

M

After the UVA series on April 24th, Collins was batting .425.
I didn't expect him to continue at that pace but I did think he would flirt with .400 for most of the season.
He is now at .353, 19 games later.

Cool thanks for the info. He. Is still in a god awful slump over the last 6 games.

guys go through slumps in games its common in the sport but man he better get out of it when omaha comes around we will need him

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Dirtbags have pitched Mathewson, McCauchan, and Brown.
The only two guys who have started more than one game are Smith (6 games- 7.41/3-3) and Hughey (3 games- 4.91/0-2).
Does anyone know who's going tonight?

guys go through slumps in games its common in the sport but man he better get out of it when omaha comes around we will need him

Or 2015 repeat...maybe worse.

When we aren't hitting and sit and watch strikes versus attacking, we are vulnerable to any team.

The only way to get the bats going is to let these kids swing the bats. Patience is great, getting into 0-2 holes without even a swing against quality pitchers...not so much.

I hope this evening is the wake up call for the bats.

UM

When we aren't hitting and sit and watch strikes versus attacking, we are vulnerable to any team.

The only way to get the bats going is to let these kids swing the bats. Patience is great, getting into 0-2 holes without even a swing against quality pitchers...not so much.

UM

And if the approach is to play conservatively at the plate, your trying to raise the pitch count but for you to raise the pitch count effectively you still have to make contact. Which they're not

Last edited:
Advertisement

UM

Agree 100%

He was whiffing at the wind last night

Slumps aint pretty especially in baseball, you see stanton recently?

Don't ******* remind me, he's on my fantasy team

[MENTION=5705]cane since birth[/MENTION] they're both all over the place. They want a hit so bad they're swinging at anything that looks like a strike instead of working to find their pitch. That's the bad thing about slumps mentally, it could get so bad that you forget about the basics, try to do too much, and just kill your confidence

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Dirtbags have pitched Mathewson, McCauchan, and Brown.
The only two guys who have started more than one game are Smith (6 games- 7.41/3-3) and Hughey (3 games- 4.91/0-2).
Does anyone know who's going tonight?

Having flashbacks to Columbia last year when that random starter goose egged us.

UM

I'd move Barr back to 2 hole, move Lopez to 3, and Collins to cleanup.

He was whiffing at the wind last night

Slumps aint pretty especially in baseball, you see stanton recently?

Don't ****ing remind me, he's on my fantasy team

[MENTION=5705]cane since birth[/MENTION] they're both all over the place. They want a hit so bad they're swinging at anything that looks like a strike instead of working to find their pitch. That's the bad thing about slumps mentally, it could get so bad that you forget about the basics, try to do too much, and just kill your confidence

Exactly, but once they get it going they will go on a hitting streak i just hope it happens soon and others can pick up the slack, stanton can take his time yea hes one of my favorite players but he plays for a team i hate soooo much

Advertisement
Back