Can we no longer refer to USF as South Florida?

I hope you're happy, now I want a Cuban sandwich. I heard Copacabana changed owners, might give it a try tomorrow.

Advertisement
Driving from the University of South Florida to the Georgia line is 210 miles and 3 hours. The way the crow flies is 178 miles.

Driving from the University of South Florida to Homestead is 293 miles and 5 hours. The way the crow flies is 217 miles.

The University of South Florida is only 20 miles South of Orlando.

The University of South Florida is in Central Florida.

University of Earth

Team Name: Fightin' Federation

1726852997900.png

Advertisement
Driving from the University of South Florida to the Georgia line is 210 miles and 3 hours. The way the crow flies is 178 miles.

Driving from the University of South Florida to Homestead is 293 miles and 5 hours. The way the crow flies is 217 miles.

20 miles??????????

My guy Orlando is way more than 20 miles from USF

USF is a directional school. The very definition of a directional school. And nobody gives a **** about your branch campuses.

And the only reason USF got AAU membership is because the 1950s Florida legislature decided to put a med school in a city (not just a swamp). The University of Miami should have been invited to the AAU in the 1980s at the same time as the University of Florida, but they have been ****-blocking us for decades (since they got mad when UM tried to become a state school, which is what caused UF to encourage the Florida Legislature to name your school USF).

USF is what it is. The University of Southwest Florida.
USF got AAU membership because we earned it after working at it for over a decade. Same as Miami. Whine all you like, but it won't change the end result. The med school has been there since 1971, that was by no means the deciding factor-UCF and FAU have med schools, do you see them getting AAU admission?

USF is by no means a directional school. If UCF was anywhere close to us academically, they'd have achieved at least the benchmarks for Florida's pre-eminent university. FIU beat them to that despite being behind previously.

Anyway, I can see that all yall are pretty much hype and sure you're going to win by 5 TDs tomorrow night. Good luck with that...Bama thought the exact same thing.

Anyway, I can see that all yall are pretty much hype and sure you're going to win by 5 TDs tomorrow night. Good luck with that...Bama thought the exact same thing.

All y'all?

Hardly

I think there's a good chance it'll be significantly closer than the ***-whooping we gave the Gators. Doubt I'm only one who believes that.

Also: Go brag on your rival UCF's board because nobody here gives two ***** about the stature of USF's football program or academic standing.

This is just next game up

Advertisement
USF got AAU membership because we earned it after working at it for over a decade. Same as Miami. Whine all you like, but it won't change the end result. The med school has been there since 1971, that was by no means the deciding factor-UCF and FAU have med schools, do you see them getting AAU admission?

USF is by no means a directional school. If UCF was anywhere close to us academically, they'd have achieved at least the benchmarks for Florida's pre-eminent university. FIU beat them to that despite being behind previously.

They beat you by 26 points. Is your best brag that you didn't completely get your teeth kicked in?

Keep crowing.
1726857003691.png

USF is a directional school. The very definition of a directional school. And nobody gives a **** about your branch campuses.

And the only reason USF got AAU membership is because the 1950s Florida legislature decided to put a med school in a city (not just a swamp). The University of Miami should have been invited to the AAU in the 1980s at the same time as the University of Florida, but they have been ****-blocking us for decades (since they got mad when UM tried to become a state school, which is what caused UF to encourage the Florida Legislature to name your school USF).

USF is what it is. The University of Southwest Florida.
If you want to get into some convoluted logic, research the question "Why is Cornell University the land grant college (ie Penn State) of the state of New York?

Advertisement

You know, that I know, that you know, the correct name is the University of Temple Terrace

Advertisement

Shut the **** up. "Earn it". "Working at it". Get the **** out of here. Tell us about all the "work" you did.

The primary issue with the AAU is a university's income from (and budget for) research activities. Nearly every AAU institution has a med school, and nearly every AAU institution brings in the lion's share of its research money from medical research.

Clearly, you are ******* CLUELESS on how recently UCF and FAU established med schools. It is not merely the EXISTENCE of a med school, it also involves how long the med school has existed and the med school's mission and how much research it does.

If you could ever get over your ****y feelings, you would realize that I have actually COMPLIMENTED the med school at USF, at least in comparison to UCF and FAU. You are too ******* stupid and arrogant to comprehend that.

Here's the reality. Outside of the USF med school, USF has been a **** commuter school for most of its existence (just like UCF). You are a directional school. That's a reality. USF and UCF are large-campus/huge-enrollment directional state schools in large cities. Yes, both USF and UCF have improved their "selectivity indexes" by virtue of being located within the borders of a state whose population has BOOMED, more than tripling from 1970 (under 7 million) to the current day (over 23 million).

Don't **** with me. I have lived in Central Florida for almost my entire lifetime (I moved to Georgia two years ago). I know the history of USF and UCF very well. They were both directional commuter schools that have built more and admitted more as the cities around them grew.

USF is absolutely, positively NOT a superior academic school to F$U, and F$U isn't even a very good academic school. That's just reality.

If you want to get into some convoluted logic, research the question "Why is Cornell University the land grant college (ie Penn State) of the state of New York?

Fair. Very fair.

As I've pointed out before, when UM was struggling decades ago, we approached the State of Florida about becoming a state school. Certain powers-that-be at the University of Florida blocked that idea, and then demanded that the new college in Tampa be called the University of SOUTH Florida to try to undercut the University of Miami.

These are historical facts.

Advertisement
Back