BYU v SMU game thread

Advertisement
Jakai Clark is a reminder of the absolute booty juice rosters we've had in recent memory.
I watched this game and the Duke game, it just shows under Manny, that coaching staff was all flash and that includes Lashlee. Seems like the brand 'the U' carried these two guys to their current jobs, and that's how they recruited, rather then like Mario, of building up the brand and its history, rather then relying on it.

The former Cane son the SMU were junk and were fighting for starting spots. I don't think I realized how bad that roster was until seeing most players transfer out and do poorly. This past year, we've had some successful ones (Chantz, Flagg, Kelly will, Roberts, etc.) Those four players I really like, but here we are.

Give SMU time and NIL.

Watch out.

They have SIGNIFICANTLY deeper pockets than Miami and USC.

All that matters is does the will remain like it did in the 80s?

Bookmark this porst.

Advertisement
I watched this game and the Duke game, it just shows under Manny, that coaching staff was all flash and that includes Lashlee. Seems like the brand 'the U' carried these two guys to their current jobs, and that's how they recruited, rather then like Mario, of building up the brand and its history, rather then relying on it.

The former Cane son the SMU were junk and were fighting for starting spots. I don't think I realized how bad that roster was until seeing most players transfer out and do poorly. This past year, we've had some successful ones (Chantz, Flagg, Kelly will, Roberts, etc.) Those four players I really like, but here we are.
Mediocre players, mediocre roster, mediocre results, mediocre program.

Year after year I asked where our obvious matchup advantages were. Most of the time, we had very little margin for error.

That's why there were so many dogfights and 7-5 campaigns that blend into indecipherable memory.

Jakai Clark is a reminder of the absolute booty juice rosters we've had in recent memory.
And remember he was actually a significant upgrade over Gaynor

I shed a tear the first time I saw Matt Lee **** someone up

Give SMU time and NIL.

Watch out.

Bookmark this porst.
Yeah I mean it’ll take some time but when you have the chairman of the BOT saying he’s not losing sleep over giving up a couple hundred million dollars by not taking tv money at a time when paying players is legal, you’re gonna be fine.

Advertisement
Give SMU time and NIL.

Watch out.

Bookmark this porst.
They could have just remained in the conference they were in and spent all the money they are spending on being in the ACC for free on their football roster, and have a guaranteed spot in the CFP yearly since a G5 team gets in....

But that would be just football. But maybe after a couple years of success the B12 would have tried to bring them in as a full member....

Advertisement
Back