Butch Promotes Swasey

until mandy arrived? Richt let him go and we had kids getting career ending injuries all over because gus was a fat slob.

Im not defendings swasey he implemented what coaches wanted. Randy was too lazy to fight to get the kids food and health supplies.
Under Coker we were still churning out NFL caliber players.

can swasey even get a job at LA fitness?

Advertisement
You people just want to hate everyone. Nfl players spent years going back to work out with the guy. I don’t know enough about s&c to defend him but I do know it’s the coaches who push the agenda. Randy didn’t fight to get his kids fed. Golden wanted them bloated on muscle milk. Those are facts. Under Coker guys were still thriving physically

Let me see if I can understand this thread.

1. Lots of guys who have never played a day of football are ripping Swasey because "he didn't have a certificate".
2. Lots of guys who have never played a day of football have substituted their judgement for Swasey's ability over hundreds of guys who played football at UM and worked out with Swasey.
3. Lots of guys falling for the pretext excuse to fire Swasey ("he didn't have a certificate") when Swasey had tuition remission as a UM employee and the absolute ability to take whatever classes he needed for free.
4. Lots of guys acting as if weight and strength training did not become a thing until the invention of a "certificate" to certify one's education.
5. FIU (who has employed Swasey for several years) just pushed around Miami, who employs a guy with a "certificate".

so what was his excuse the year before when we ran them out of the Rock playing mostly second and third stringers by the 3rd quarter?

Thriving under Coker might be pushing it.

We had some top-ranked players - like Carlos Joseph - who ballooned into Michelin Men while they were here.

Frank Gore ballooned, too - up to maybe 230 for awhile.

We haven't had a staff since Butchie left.

It is what it is.

You people just want to hate everyone. Nfl players spent years going back to work out with the guy. I don’t know enough about s&c to defend him but I do know it’s the coaches who push the agenda. Randy didn’t fight to get his kids fed. Golden wanted them bloated on muscle milk. Those are facts. Under Coker guys were still thriving physically

Advertisement
Thriving under Coker might be pushing it.

We had some top-ranked players - like Carlos Joseph - who ballooned into Michelin Men while they were here.

Frank Gore ballooned, too - up to maybe 230 for awhile.

We haven't had a staff since Butchie left.

It is what it is.

Of any kind!

If Pete Garcia had half a brain, he never would have allowed Butch Davis to hire Swasey.

But then again, Garcia is the same guy who fired Don Soldinger after the Peach Bowl, but allowed Swasey to stay on.

I remember the days of the magical Pete Garcia resurgence at UM.

Advertisement
Advertisement

1. Lots of guys who have never played a day of football are ripping Swasey because "he didn't have a certificate".
2. Lots of guys who have never played a day of football have substituted their judgement for Swasey's ability over hundreds of guys who played football at UM and worked out with Swasey.
3. Lots of guys falling for the pretext excuse to fire Swasey ("he didn't have a certificate") when Swasey had tuition remission as a UM employee and the absolute ability to take whatever classes he needed for free.
4. Lots of guys acting as if weight and strength training did not become a thing until the invention of a "certificate" to certify one's education.
5. FIU (who has employed Swasey for several years) just pushed around Miami, who employs a guy with a "certificate".
Dude come on, when Swasey was here we was falling behind in the S&C program. If you don’t think that played a factor in the fall of Miami then I’m baffled.

And the second he got ****canned from here they stopped going to him. Guys were coming back to workout here for two decades before Swasey weaseled his way into a gig he didnt deserve.

Outside of Diaz and Dorito he was the worst coach maybe to ever be employed here.

Advertisement

Yes. Pretty much....

Advertisement
Back