"Built By Bama" ( 60 minutes special): An Inside Look Of What Mario Cristobal is bringing to Miami

Should have clarified.. The "Built By Bama" title was the name of the segment in 60 minutes.
We're just kneejerking. Isn't a critique of you.

I will say this whole "Bama mystique" should just be labeled as "Saban mystique" because it has nothing to do with Baga as a program, a school or a state and everything to do with Sabag and being at the right place at the right time.

I'll start to credit "The Baga Way" when they have real success post Sabag.

Advertisement
No he could not. Yes the core intangibles like the attitude and work ethic of those teams is something he can try to establish, but the offensive, defensive, conditioning, and recruiting systems of the day compared to now would be completely antiquated. Unless you want our WRs in an old school track stance and some 240 lb linemen.
That’s taking it too literally

Obviously I’m not gonna suggest he couldn’t learn anything from Alabama

But **** them anyway

We're just kneejerking. Isn't a critique of you.

I will say this whole "Bama mystique" should just be labeled as "Saban mystique" because it has nothing to do with Baga as a program, a school or a state and everything to do with Sabag and being at the right place at the right time.

I'll start to credit "The Baga Way" when they have real success post Sabag.
I get it... I cringed as I typed it too...

Absolutely. Not taking anything away from Saban obviously

But sheesh. Built by Bama…woof.

Cristobal carries a reputation of being an excellent recruiter, setting up for his third season at FIU by putting together an impressive recruiting class of 23 student athletes, at least 20 of them from Florida.[4] He wears a customary shirt and tie along with dress pants for each and every game to honor his idol, Joe Paterno.

Advertisement
It's cool.. I hate Bama too a lot lol.. I get the resentment. I tried to watch this thing from a Miami perspective like what are he things Mario can bring from that place with the cash flow we have now that will help us go from El CHEAPO Football program to dynasty.
I think it goes back to the thousands of posts that talked about Crisotbals time with Saban on this board as well as his name kept popping up for the job considerations

Apologies for derailing your thread

Or he could just build his team in the mold of the ones he was on

He played for some decent coaches….

(yes I get the point but I’m tired of Saban getting so much credit for this dudes success)
I think the professionalism and machine like quality of Bama is something we haven't seen. UGA has somewhat done a decent job as Kirby has been the longest Saban assistant. If and when Mario build the operation, it may surpass our old eras. Its an all encompassing system, from recruiting to the portal, the way meetings, practice, recruiting visits. When he sets that up, doesn't matter which coaches we lose, it goes on. We had the coaching and hard work part down back in the day but have everything operating like a machine on and off the field is something new.

Advertisement
In comparison to the ACC in recent years we have not lacked talent, we’ve lacked discipline. With both discipline and talent likely to uptick I could see an early playoff run.

I’m not watching a bama bj vid.

Never apologize for that, son...
Field of Dreams film GIF

Advertisement
they mean built by Miami and Bama stole UMs blueprint, they act like its theirs. LOL miss me with that
Not really, they professionalized the college ranks by leading the arms race in cfb. They became a factory. The facilities, support staff and attention to detail. We never had the money part of it down like them. They made it cool to go play for hicks in the middle of nowhere.

Advertisement
I hate all things baga. Their history, culture, politics, sports, some of the people and even their trees! I laughed because gawga beat them in the 4th qtr. So I guess baga don't have a lock on training techniques.

Best thing that could have happened to is was have Mario pit stop at Bama. When he talks about building this team in the mold of Alabama this is what he means:

Yes they pay their PLAYERS .and give the ñew RECRUITS money under the table

Advertisement
Back