Black Cleats

[TWEET]769629361746182144[/TWEET]

I want us to have real football cleats, not soccer cleats. I have a pair of soccer shoes (that's what happens when you grow up in So Cal) and that's what these designs are. They're built for speed, but since football is all about maneuvering and cutting back, and changing on a dime, they're horrible on ankle support. Regardless, black cleats are still a blessing to see.

Right because they don't do any of that in soccer. Those aren't soccer cleats. Those are low top football cleats. If you look at the bottom, they are much different than what soccer cleats look like

Advertisement
You all will be happy this season -- at least with our look.

Please elaborate more.[/QUOTE

We will look like Miami Hurricanes, again.

Harry from AllCanes says the uniforms are for "some" games. Is the uniform change permanent?

In Matt Porter's story he said a source told him they would be worn as soon we get them from Adidas.

Miami Hurricanes uniforms could look more old-school in 2016 | Canes Watch
[MENTION=8971]Geo305[/MENTION] wrote that we're waiting to unveil them for the FSU game and then we would wear them going forward. He was right about the cleats.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/uniform-changes/100673/2#post2582432

👍🏻

[TWEET]769629361746182144[/TWEET]

I want us to have real football cleats, not soccer cleats. I have a pair of soccer shoes (that's what happens when you grow up in So Cal) and that's what these designs are. They're built for speed, but since football is all about maneuvering and cutting back, and changing on a dime, they're horrible on ankle support. Regardless, black cleats are still a blessing to see.

Umm, isn't soccer based on those principles as well? Soccer is all about speed, cutting, etc.

I wish more football cleat manufacturers would patten their shoes after rugby shoes. I used to love playing with those and they **** all over Nike, etc when it comes to flexibility on the football field

Rugby shoes are dope...soccer cleats are dope to, however I personally felt them annoying when playing football. Soccer players can't move w a soccer ball like a American football player. Soccer player don't spin, hop jump, and juke like football players. Speed wise, yes, but regarding cutting back frequency and changing on a dime, not so much.

Finally adidas did somethin right.....my only thing with them is that three stripe BS. Y does it have to be on everything we know what brand they are its like they insecure n ****

They finally did something right. Except it's totally wrong.

Advertisement
What are you talking about? I already said the feathers are NOT apart of their logo. The 3 angled stripes are their logo. The lines through the feathers is just a design they went with. why did nike put a stipe (eyebrows) across our chest in the old unis. why did they put that big *** stripe (tramp stamp) on the pants? its just a design they chose. Stripes arent anything new or exclusive to adidas. and feathers arent neither, as Nike does it for Oregon

Oregons feathers look tight tho.....im hopkng adidas does something up todate not no 1900 look. Those adidas are nice though and those nike unis with the bra strap were terrible. The 2014 shyts had everyone talking how nice they were the youth loved them

I mean there was nothing special about them. And those ornament helmets are the worst thing we have ever worn in our history, not to mention that stupid *** clam-ibis logo they put on our shoulder pads and helmet. Look I'm definitely a Nike fan over Adidas. But there is no way Adidas hasn't done better by us than Nike has, PLUS they are giving us like $4M/yr more than Nike was going to.
And the Alternate Uni's Adidas gave us last year were legit as ****.

The alternates were the best ones the reg jersey was crumbs. To be real i know alot of old heads didnt like the 14 but ask Hucks and all the youth players those shyts were fire. The only people who dont like them r old. I put pictures of the old uniform vs adidas and the 14 jumps offs....and everyone i know picked the 2014 as the best looking ones. Its all opinion based but younger heads loved the 2014 over all of em

Im 21 and I think the Adidas uniforms as a whole are better than the 2014 Nike uniforms, and a mile ahead of the previous Nike uniforms. People didn't like the name tags, and Adidas changed them and the Uniforms look even better. Now there's talk they might be changing the feathers, which look fine but not good. So If they change the feathers to something a little simpler while maintaining the color on the shoulders, I think they will be great uni's. But alot of people here will still complain because they aren't just plain orange with white numbers and a U logo on the chest with nothing else.

I just want a better design and a bit lighter on the orange.....something unique and modern

Crct0cxWEAALODR.webp

Today's uni, classic orange over white, black cleats black socks. #TheU #Classic pic.twitter.com/R5ZSzhk9G2

-Per "The U Equipment Room"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back