Barton gone

He sucks. Kid should've gone to FIU like he thought he would until Shantard gave him an offer last minute.

IIRC, Wisconsin offered him...

This is a problem and a culture change is desperately needed here. Gone are the days that we laughed at a person justifyingtaking a recruit by saying they were offered by Wisconsin.

Advertisement
Barton was/is soft as ****. Everyone knew that about him at STA....of course Corch didn't care.

Advertisement
He sucks. Kid should've gone to FIU like he thought he would until Shantard gave him an offer last minute.

This is a problem and a culture change is desperately needed here. Gone are the days that we laughed at a person justifyingtaking a recruit by saying they were offered by Wisconsin.
I think this only applies to OL because their track record of identifying OL talent is second to none.

Don't act like you wasn't pumping up that DB we got from UNC that Butch wanted.

/don't remember if it's Dortch or Hope

Advertisement

Don't act like you wasn't pumping up that DB we got from UNC that Butch wanted.

/don't remember if it's Dortch or Hope

There's a difference between Butch Davis wanting a recruit and Wisconsin/Illinois/Indiana wanting one.

Butch Davis is proven. Dude knows DB's

Moderator Statement

Ringz,
Do we really need to go here again?

Please maintain a higher level of decorum on this board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
For the record, when we took this kid a lot of us were pumped because he was tall, athletic and had a Wisconsin offer...and we saw what Wisconsin o-lines are all about in the bowl game two months before the kid signed. He missed. Oh well. Wish him luck, move on.

Advertisement
he wasnt asked to leave the team, he chose to leave. Like Alonzo said "you gotta be tough to play for Golden"

Moderator Statement

Ringz,
Do we really need to go here again?

Please maintain a higher level of decorum on this board.

Oh my bad. Wasnt intentional. Im black. Plus my boy Ridler knows whats up he got my back on MW3.

Do we know what the official reason given for this dismissal?

CORAL GABLES — Offensive lineman Jermaine Barton no longer is on the Hurricanes football team.

A UM spokesman said Monday that Barton quit the team last week, but did not provide a reason for Barton’s departure.

Advertisement
Back