Barry Jackson telling us a lot we already knew

Advertisement
I had debated posting it and maybe I shouldn’t have, but the positive vibes are real now and not manufactured.

How bad do you think he’s going to be at PSU?
The worst part is his system will work in the big 10. Because it's all about speed and disruption. Big 10 isn't exactly an athletic conference for the most part. But his primary concern better be their blocking schemes are superior to any other conference because they're all about interior play. I'd give him 3 years till it gets bad. His personality is gonna be the biggest issue. James Franklin is not with the ****. Mandy is gonna have to be a recluse at pedo st.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article260237895.html

We all knew Diaz was a disaster but **** it hurts to read it again. No player accountability under his regime.

So happy with the direction the program is headed.
I always knew Diaz didn’t have the clout to discipline his team. Very frustrating to watch bone head plays with zero accountability. I feel for the coach, but at the same time, he created that monster. Like parents trying to be friends with their kids. First time they don’t get something they want, they throw a fit and tell you to f off. No way to run a team.

The worst part is his system will work in the big 10. Because it's all about speed and disruption. Big 10 isn't exactly an athletic conference for the most part. But his primary concern better be their blocking schemes are superior to any other conference because they're all about interior play. I'd give him 3 years till it gets bad. His personality is gonna be the biggest issue. James Franklin is not with the ****. Mandy is gonna have to be a recluse at pedo st.
Funny you mention Franklin. I saw an article yesterday on the 247 main page where Franklin talked about replacing Brent Prye with Manny as DC.

some highlights:

“Being able to go out at a place like Penn State and be able to find, and attract and hire a guy who’s a proven commodity, he’s done it at a high level at a bunch of different places, but also has been a head coach,” Franklin said. “There’s value in those experiences from a leadership standpoint, from a big picture perspective. The other thing is he’s a guy that we always spent time with in the offseason with my previous defensive coordinators talking, because that’s what we do in the offseason, right? You talk to other coaches, but other coaches that come from a similar philosophy and tree."

“That helped as well, because when you go out and hire somebody that’s a completely different philosophy there’s going to be growing pains with that. He’s hit the ground running; it’s been awesome having him. I was a little concerned, because I called him literally the day after it went down at Miami and some guys aren’t ready for that conversation yet. He was ready.”

Big Ten Network announcers were told by JF that their Defense will look a lot different this year and will come down hill at you.

Advertisement
Miami under NIL investigation? .Ah,...NO!!!

This Clemson fan is full of misinformation. Miami is not and has not been under NIL investigation. The NCAA did a simple process inquiry and some of the media portrayed it as an investigation in their headlines to get clicks. However, in their actual articles, the details were of a process inquiry.

People look at the headlines and formulate opinions without reading the details. Thus, they become misinformed.
The inquirey was to see how it should be done legally😀

The former mayor's son was starstruck. In his mind, "I am really head coach of the Miami Hurricanes!, My dream job! I can't believe this is happening!" This mindset imo, lead to all the problems this team had.

Manny openly admitted it in an interview. I saw it. He was lamenting another loss and said, "At some point I have to play the best players."

I was blown away when I heard it.

Maybe just bad excuse for poor roster management. How long did Rosseau ride the pine before starting? Same with Leonard Taylor. Who was ever forcing him not to play the best guys? He seemed to favor upper classmen regardless of talent. That was his own doing. Then there was depth issues at certain positions. That was on him too. Smart dude but not a very good personnel manager.

Advertisement
Honestly it was exhausting listening to this man's foolishness when u combine it all with the lisp. It was like Elmer fudd on coke.

Danny Brown Laughing GIF by DANNY'S HOUSE

Funny you mention Franklin. I saw an article yesterday on the 247 main page where Franklin talked about replacing Brent Prye with Manny as DC.

some highlights:

“Being able to go out at a place like Penn State and be able to find, and attract and hire a guy who’s a proven commodity, he’s done it at a high level at a bunch of different places, but also has been a head coach,” Franklin said. “There’s value in those experiences from a leadership standpoint, from a big picture perspective. The other thing is he’s a guy that we always spent time with in the offseason with my previous defensive coordinators talking, because that’s what we do in the offseason, right? You talk to other coaches, but other coaches that come from a similar philosophy and tree."

“That helped as well, because when you go out and hire somebody that’s a completely different philosophy there’s going to be growing pains with that. He’s hit the ground running; it’s been awesome having him. I was a little concerned, because I called him literally the day after it went down at Miami and some guys aren’t ready for that conversation yet. He was ready.”

Big Ten Network announcers were told by JF that their Defense will look a lot different this year and will come down hill at you.
We'll apparently Franklin is full of **** as well. Lol. Because all the things he hit on as positives for Mandy aren't traits he posseses. The head coaching experience he never really had because he didn't embrace it. And the high level DC I'd debate too. In small sample sizes fine. Can't argue that. But as a whole he's failed miserably as a DC at most previous spots by the time he left.

Manny had 99 problems, but I'm still curious to hear concrete examples of a better player riding the bench in favor of someone with more seniority or more favored. That is still a wacky concept to me, because coaches want and need to win.

(I don't think GR15 is an answer either, because he was injured early on in camp. IIRC, Patch started ahead of him in the early part of the season and was quickly bumped.)

Advertisement
I still have some level of empathy for Manny because he did seem, overall, like a decent dude and I like the idea of incorporating analytics into the program you are building. He just absolutely never should have been given this job in the first place. Should have had to prove himself, whether at Temple or elsehwere, and Blake James squandered the greatest gift I have ever seen a program given with Richt's retirement by declining to conduct an actual coaching search. I also think everyone bagging on him for the lisp is just being a keyboard bully, but whatever, comes with the territory I guess.

Just hope we don't blow our best (and probably last) chance at relevance with Mario by getting trapped in a **** conference or dropping winnable games against the dregs of the Coastal.

I still have some level of empathy for Manny because he did seem, overall, like a decent dude and I like the idea of incorporating analytics into the program you are building. He just absolutely never should have been given this job in the first place. Should have had to prove himself, whether at Temple or elsehwere, and Blake James squandered the greatest gift I have ever seen a program given with Richt's retirement by declining to conduct an actual coaching search. I also think everyone bagging on him for the lisp is just being a keyboard bully, but whatever, comes with the territory I guess.

Just hope we don't blow our best (and probably last) chance at relevance with Mario by getting trapped in a **** conference or dropping winnable games against the dregs of the Coastal.

now that you are referring to blake james, i saw his wife and him last saturday night a dinner. they were two tables away from my table. so he's still in town, looking for work.

[corrected to remove that he's looking for work since he got the BC AD gig]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny had 99 problems, but I'm still curious to hear concrete examples of a better player riding the bench in favor of someone with more seniority or more favored. That is still a wacky concept to me, because coaches want and need to win.

(I don't think GR15 is an answer either, because he was injured early on in camp. IIRC, Patch started ahead of him in the early part of the season and was quickly bumped.)

I think people mostly are referring to Leonard Taylor and TVD. The latter is a bit unfair, because no one really expected him to look like he did once he got the starting job, but it was pretty clear early last season that D'Eriq wasn't the same guy after his injury.

Lol at thinking a genuinely good person, but strong alpha like Mario is going to get taken advantage of in his dream job, at a place he won two Nc at a player, with his level of exposure as an assistant (Butch, Saban), and head coach (including success at a major power 5). Oh, and in a city he spent a large portion of his life, too.

Versus mister slip and slide who fantasized via video games, SI fluff pieces, or fatigue fetishization the recreation of bad boy culture with the same substance of program substantiation as vanilla ice.

Manny was ready because he already knew he was being fired. For months.

I mean, I understand that he HOPED he could possibly appeal that decision with a really outstanding finish. But he already knew he was fired.

Advertisement
Back