Barry Jackson article on draft prospects....

Advertisement
Is he gonna get taller in college? Everyone always throws that crap about "he should go back" and they pick the ones that fits the argument, then leave the ones that don't. The process is so weird that the longer you stay, the more warts they find. Joe's issues weren't going to change by staying another year. I'd have liked him to help with our issues with backs, but I don't get this.

Yeah plenty of guys his size in the league doing work; if he is running a 5 second forty though he might need to hang it up.

If you're referring to the "He's a 5.08 guy" comment, I believe he's referencing Yearby's height, not his 40 time.

Lol. My bad, good catch. Yearby to me would be a good 3rd down pass catching with his quality hands and short area quicks, instincts, and ability to make a defender miss; but the flip side of that is if you can't block you won't play on 3rd down. Catch 22.

Yearby should have stayed. I get that he has a family and wants to provide for them but the issue is that the NFL isnt guaranteed, at all!!! JY isn't big, overly athletic, or a great pass protector. Hes a smaller RB with quick feet. He isn't fast either. It's hard enough to make a NFL roster and JY has alot working against him already. He should of stayed and got his degree.

Advertisement
Is he gonna get taller in college? Everyone always throws that crap about "he should go back" and they pick the ones that fits the argument, then leave the ones that don't. The process is so weird that the longer you stay, the more warts they find. Joe's issues weren't going to change by staying another year. I'd have liked him to help with our issues with backs, but I don't get this.

Joe should have stayed so he could get his degree done and start his career. He is not a pro football player. He is tiny and slow. The number of injuries that would need to occur for him to make a livable income is astronomical.

The problem with Yearby is that he doesn't do the things NFL teams need from backup running backs. He's pretty good carrying the ball even if he's not going to break any long runs. However, he's a liability in pass protection. I hope somebody gives him a shot. He's a max effort guy.

Just don't get him to pass the ball in crunch time.

Hard to disagree with a lot of his assessments. For Yearby, that was a lazy scout take, honestly. With Yearby, you have to look at the field production - he's not a testing kid. And stay in school for another year - for what? So that he can be an UFA next year?

Advertisement
People forget Yearby ran for over a thousand, and last year averaged over 5 a carry.

I'm not even saying he should be drafted, but wishing him well as an UDFA, and maybe him catching a practice squad is possible.

But we have people bending over backwards to be the cool "fair" fans and basically shītting on him. The guy produced for us. The rest is just opinion. Just because some ******* says he can't make it, doesn't make it so. It's all guessing, since he's a cane, and since he produces, it's fair to guess he might have some success.

And LOL at another year helping him. He can come back and finish his degree for free if that's what he wants to do.

Hope he makes some money.

The problem with Yearby is that he doesn't do the things NFL teams need from backup running backs. He's pretty good carrying the ball even if he's not going to break any long runs. However, he's a liability in pass protection. I hope somebody gives him a shot. He's a max effort guy.

Yearby was **** good at pass pro.

Advertisement
LMAO

They're solid. Carter is a hitter. I heard about some academic issues with Carter but I talked to him and he’s more than smart enough to play safety in the NFL. He speaks well and enunciates.

This **** drives me crazy. When is the last time a white player was described by how "well spoken" he was?

You don't get drafted in the first round as a tight end unless you have pro bowl potential. It's pure idiocy to say a kid will go in the first round then turn around and say he doesn't have pro bowl potential. That's just plain stupid.

Advertisement
Lots of people triggered in here. Lots of orange and greens shades on when it comes to our players as well.

There was nothing wrong with anything the guy said about any of the prospects. he gave an honest assessment about the things that are evaluated during the evaluating process. If you don't believe enunciating and speaking well has something to do with intelligence then i don't know what to tell you. I bet people complaining on this thread also said that Jamal Carter has no instincts and is stupid. This guy was giving him a compliment and dispelling a false-hood about Mr. carter, albeit a backhanded one. Brad doesn't have the personality to take a team down on a late game winning drive. I mean isn't that all of our complaints about Brad? What we can say it, but they cant'?

This is the real world boys and girls, don't be so sensitive.

Yearby doesn't bring much if anything to the table. short, can't pass block well, not physical or imposing runner, slow as ****.. It hard for fast short guys to make it in the NFL.. but this guy is Slow and Short.. his only plus is his outstanding vision which could help him survive a team and his ability to catch the ball.. so if he makes a team it will be a 3rd down RB for a team like the Packers or Patriots that runs a system that using RB in the passing game.

Anyone who says "Buttt yearby ran for 1,000 yards!!1!" doesn't know how to evaluate draft prospects or just a homer.. Draft scouting is JUST LIKE RECRUIT scouting. It not about stats it is about ability.. it about finding things u can work with.. It about finding a 5-4 star talent but in college instead of HS.. same logic. ie: Look at Tyson Campbell.. dude only had TWO interception as a Jr... but we all want him bad. Why? Because he has the ability to translate period.. same thing when it comes to NFL prospects..

Jamal Carter has no instincts or ball skills but will get offer because of his size.. Might get changed into a LB but again, no football instincts but I'm sure teams will see if he can at least be a LB before the NFL give up on him.

Yearby is a good college RB. If he gets better at pass pro he could carve out a spot as a 3rd down back in the league

Was this from an actual scout or from my uncle Larry who dropped out of high school? Few of these observations were spot on most of them sounded like speculative garbage from some fair weather CIS poster

Advertisement
Back