Bama v UGA

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rick's onside kick isn't in the same universe in terms of corching moves. If you watch the GT game Rick had identified GT's tendency to have a hole in one part of their KR team (he said so after game). He was in fact, correct on that as there was a huge gap where the ball was kicked. Problem is the rest of ST is poorly coached (no surprise) and what should have been worst case- flag for ball not traveling 10 yards- turned into a TD since Berrios stared at the ball instead of jumping on it. Can question the timing, but the flaw in KR coverage was actually there.

In Smart's case, he called for a fake punt. The Bama defense didn't budge pre snap and stayed in a punt fake defensive formation. If Bama had gone to PR return formation, fine, roll the dice with a hot qb and numbers on your side. Bama didn't bite. Came out looking for the fake.

The non corching move would be a TO, audible to regular punt, or even a pooch punt. The decision to run the play when the D showed it knew what was coming was the biggest corching move I've ever seen. If UGA wins, I think they win the national title this year. Instead they will be watching at home.

Beat me to it..gotta be up by 2-3 scores to give up 2-3 score leads.....Richt and his 5 plays never get in that position..
Bad is bad.....blowing a lead that big 2 years in a row? Richt has his flaws, but that he hasn't done....Kirby was up 20-7 last year and 28-14 this year and couldn't close the deal...starting to really think UGA is just a cursed program

Without Kirby, we wouldn’t be here. We have been an underachieving program for years who’s highlight of spring training was our HC backflipping into the pool.
I’ll ride the Kirby bus because the dude is a MFing beast.

LMAO
Against Saban!

Richt 2-4 and Smart 0-2
Things that make you go ???

Advertisement
Yeah, I get it. I am just saying that the process does not work. Look at us last year, we could have got in if we beat Clemson. Sure UGA lost two games, but look who they played. The SEC should cancel the championship game because it would require both teams to be undefeated for both to make the CFP.
UGA isn't one of the 4 best teams.

You don't deserve to even be thought of. When you choke and call fake punts.

He is either the biggest corch or the biggest flop artist when he plays Bama.

UGA isn't one of the 4 best teams.

You don't deserve to even be thought of. When you choke and call fake punts.

He is either the biggest corch or the biggest flop artist when he plays Bama.
just 2 losses is enough to be OUT .. the Dawgs had a shot and lost. end of story. now they shouldn't even be in the
conversation.

Advertisement
They're both 32-8 with a SEC Chip

So what exactly has Kirby done his first 3 years Richt didn't?

He came within a one play of winning a national championship and has made UGA a championship contending team. CMR couldn't do that in 5 times the years. 9-3 was the norm under Richt. I dont think 9-3 is acceptable to UGA fans and admin now. The point I'm making is for more than a decade CMR had everyone convinced that UGA was an upper-middle tier team in the SEC. Now we're looking at their recent success and realizing CMR underperformed there as well.

He came within a one play of winning a national championship and has made UGA a championship contending team. CMR couldn't do that in 5 times the years. 9-3 was the norm under Richt. I dont think 9-3 is acceptable to UGA fans and admin now. The point I'm making is for more than a decade CMR had everyone convinced that UGA was an upper-middle tier team in the SEC. Now we're looking at their recent success and realizing CMR underperformed there as well.

Let me know when Kirby wins anything besides a SEC Championship

Richt was 1 play away from beating Saban as well

Let me know when Kirby wins anything besides a SEC Championship

Richt was 1 play away from beating Saban as well

So they both havent won a national championship. But remember again, we are comparing 15 years of work to 3. Kirby has taken UGA further than CMR ever did and its his third year. Now it's either Kirby is THAT good or CMR was never what everyone thought he was.

Advertisement
Uga doesn’t play tough competition either, come on now.

9-3 lsu their strongest competition of the year?

They got beat by 20 vs LSU , which is worse than Miami. Gave up 450 plus yards to LSU while Miami gave up 295 to them. Common competition.

And we can confidently say our pass defense is better than uga when they play for the most part run offenses.

And our dline is decisively better
If lsu is worse than miami why did miami lose to them last Sept.

57105324.jpg
They got more to cheer about than we do.

Advertisement
Back