Bain and Brown Injury Update

Gotta say I never expected Bain back before VT when they said it was “week to week” after game 1. Without even knowing what the injury is. Seems like playing it safe in games that likely mean nothing and don’t need him.

As for Damari, sounds like we plan on holding him out 1 more game than Bain and then the bye. You should be able to manage USF and Cal without him. VT has weapons at WR where having him would be nice but Drones looks like **** so… who knows if it matters
VT is before Cal and going to Cal is a much tougher game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gotta say I never expected Bain back before VT when they said it was “week to week” after game 1. Without even knowing what the injury is. Seems like playing it safe in games that likely mean nothing and don’t need him.

As for Damari, sounds like we plan on holding him out 1 more game than Bain and then the bye. You should be able to manage USF and Cal without him. VT has weapons at WR where having him would be nice but Drones looks like **** so… who knows if it matters
There is no point playing Bain unless it is 100% certain he can go. And based on how the D-Line performed without him, there is even less of a point playing him this week and the next.

With Damari... means more snaps for 25, but could also mean that we shift him on Nickel and play Porter and OJ on the outside. At least thats what I would do.

Busted some coverages vs A&M and did not appear really into it in that game. Was kinda concerning to see. Vs Florida, he let up some easy stuff in garbage time, but he is the weakest link so far.
If we see it, you know the coaches see it too. I thought he looked a little better last week, but just like with Sam Brown, this staff won't tolerate lack of effort. You hear them talking about guys playing with their hair on fire...it's what they want. Glad we have a couple of games to sort these things out.

Advertisement
VT is before Cal and going to Cal is a much tougher game.
Right just pointing out VT in the middle is the toughest matchup for the CB position IMO.

Cal is tougher because it’s across the country, they have one of the best RBs in the country, and seeing what they did to Auburn. Don’t see a WR unit there that threatens us too much honestly. VT has 3 legit proven WRs but a QB that hasn’t proved he can hit them and an OC that is conservative to push it downfield.

One thing I've learned about Mario's teams, is that no injury is ever as long as expected.

Damari could have an ACL tear in both knees & still somehow end up playing against USF.

Maybe he misses half the season, maybe he doesn't. But I'm 100% certain, no one knows.
Tell that to Zion Nelson (he exists out there somewhere… I know it)

Advertisement
We have some dumb fans. Jet lag isn’t really a thing traveling west. And not thru a couple time zones. We won’t be leaving a day earlier. No reason.

Correct. IMO the staff just keeps the kids on their exact same schedule. The game will likely kick at 3:00 eastern or 6:30 eastern. No big deal. Head out Friday morning as usual, play Saturday afternoon. Non issue.

Advertisement
Idgaf if we're flying to the moon it's a game we should win regardless

They’re all games we should win, because we’re likely favored in every single one. But very, very few college football teams win every single game. **** happens. It’s college football. But IMO, if we do struggle or lose, it won’t be attributed to jet lag because we took a chartered flight to Berkeley.

Advertisement
Back