B. Washington smh

And the problem with Lamar Miller was what exactly????

To just post the the staff doesnt miss any of the early entrants to me is ridiculous. So lets say Streeter, and Lamar come back. The staff would have been disappointed by that???

Character and culture doesnt win football games without talent.

Advertisement

To just post the the staff doesnt miss any of the early entrants to me is ridiculous. So lets say Streeter, and Lamar come back. The staff would have been disappointed by that???

consider the source......then dont bother

Bingo. And then there's this: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...-leave-early-for-nfl-sign-with-rosenhaus.html
What was holding him back is that he loved the coaches,” Streeter Sr. said, noting that his son had a close relationship with Golden, as well as receivers coach George McDonald and offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch.
Golden recently tried to change Streeter’s mind in a meeting, but it was to no avail. Streeter Sr. said a final decision was made after a family meeting Sunday night.
So, we're to believe that Golden is happy that Streeter left early despite the fact that he met with Tommy personally to try to convince him to come back. Right. An anonymous poster on an internet message board said it so it must be true.

Bingo. And then there's this: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...-leave-early-for-nfl-sign-with-rosenhaus.html
What was holding him back is that he loved the coaches,” Streeter Sr. said, noting that his son had a close relationship with Golden, as well as receivers coach George McDonald and offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch.
Golden recently tried to change Streeter’s mind in a meeting, but it was to no avail. Streeter Sr. said a final decision was made after a family meeting Sunday night.
So, we're to believe that Golden is happy that Streeter left early despite the fact that he met with Tommy personally to try to convince him to come back. Right. An anonymous poster on an internet message board said it so it must be true.
lulz

/shrug

So I don't know anything, I'm wrong, the staff wanted them back, blah blah blah, but now you want to know more? Interesting.

Believe what you like. We will all be ok regardless.

We just want you to back up your assumption with some facts.

Advertisement
/shrug

So I don't know anything, I'm wrong, the staff wanted them back, blah blah blah, but now you want to know more? Interesting.

Believe what you like. We will all be ok regardless.

We just want you to back up your assumption with some facts.

he has no facts.......which is why hes playing the "i cant give up my source publicly" card

we all know that the staff wanted them back and made it known that they felt they all should have returned......and it was those comments from the staff that set omar kelly off on his nonsensical rant

speaking of omar.......since washington has said this......has omar come out and admitted that hes a horses ***?

Could not have said this any better. Kehoe is notorious for musical chairs along the offensive line. He did it that last time he was OLC.

Hope he kills it. Step one is shedding some pounds. He is athletic enough to play in a ZBS but needs to be in top condition.

Dmoney,

Why couldn't we just leave him at guard? I am all for team sports and doing what's right for the team but everyone on this board knows that we had enough talent last year to keep this kid at OG? Granted, so some might say that SH had issues or that our o-line prospects weren't ready. I think that's horse-raddish. We owe it to kids to put them in a position to succeed and we continuously fail. What do you think Saban would have done with Kenny Phillips or Jon Beason? I bet anything that Forston would have thrived under Black Santa and Butch. A compentent O-line coach would have made men out of the talent we had last year. I would venture to say that our last O-line coach is head and shoulders above Kehoe.

I am sick of this crap. Sure, I will be just as excited as the next guy for the upcoming season as I have been for the last 30 years, but I can't stand to see anymore wasted talent. I have had enough. I do not know where Shannon's neck ends and Golden's *** begins, it's moot now...I'm just saying....

/End rant

Changing the culture is a big deal. Everything I've heard as well supports that the staff wasn't too distraught about most of these kids leaving. Recall that many of these kids didn't even bother to petition the draft ad board nor ask Golden for his opinion.

That being said, I'm certain that Golden saw real potential in Streeter. Certainly, it doesn't make sense that he would want to rid himself of a guy who was blooming under his coaching, was working harder than he had ever worked, and who played a position where they had barely anyone of significance coming back.

If Streeter or his fam actually asked Golden for his opinion, is anyone going to question whether Golden wouldn't give them sound advice??? It's crazy to think otherwise.

Once Streeter left, I think the staff measured up his loss and others. I'm sure losing Vernon, Forston, and some others, weren't considered terrible losses because of rampant rumors that they wanted no part of U Tough amongst many things. Those guys weren't negative losses. Losing Washington wasn't a huge loss with our depth. Losing Streeter who was only beginning to blossom couldn't have been huge because they were losing a guy who didn't have enough common sense to stay around and who had not reached his potential.

We didn't lose any 1st rd guys. We lost a guy, Miller, who everyone on the planet knew was gone. That's it. Otherwise, it allowed them to bring in all their guys before the sanctions hit.

Changing the culture is a big deal. Everything I've heard as well supports that the staff wasn't too distraught about most of these kids leaving. Recall that many of these kids didn't even bother to petition the draft ad board nor ask Golden for his opinion.

That being said, I'm certain that Golden saw real potential in Streeter. Certainly, it doesn't make sense that he would want to rid himself of a guy who was blooming under his coaching, was working harder than he had ever worked, and who played a position where they had barely anyone of significance coming back.

If Streeter or his fam actually asked Golden for his opinion, is anyone going to question whether Golden wouldn't give them sound advice??? It's crazy to think otherwise.

Once Streeter left, I think the staff measured up his loss and others. I'm sure losing Vernon, Forston, and some others, weren't considered terrible losses because of rampant rumors that they wanted no part of U Tough amongst many things. Those guys weren't negative losses. Losing Washington wasn't a huge loss with our depth. Losing Streeter who was only beginning to blossom couldn't have been huge because they were losing a guy who didn't have enough common sense to stay around and who had not reached his potential.

We didn't lose any 1st rd guys. We lost a guy, Miller, who everyone on the planet knew was gone. That's it. Otherwise, it allowed them to bring in all their guys before the sanctions hit.

Its funny to see this NJ guy wax about how he's tight with Golden (lol), but then defacto throw coach under the bus. Yes, the staff told Streeter he needed to come back. Over and over. Because they desperately wanted him to play WR for another year? What should that have to do with whether a kid should move on or not? No, because he's about as unready for the NFL as a kid can get in many ways (you can figure this out on your own- if you can't I can't help you) and it was the right advice. He is a serious flameout candidate. Worst early defection I've seen in a while.

That's called doing your job and looking out for the kid. Its interesting that people assume that a staff only tells a kid not to go to suit their own needs or because of the 2012 roster. I think that's posters forcing their own moral bankruptcy into the situation. If that's what you think of the staff, that's quite an insult.

The staff wants to build for future championships, and wanted get space on the roster to load up (as we did successfully) so we have bodies for 3-5 years during probation.

If you approach the situation from the perspective of a successful and upstanding coach and teacher, and not from the perspective of a lunatic obsessed internet message board lunatic, it actually makes sense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back