Any injuries vs USF?

Advertisement
He was limping pretty bad after his TD last week. Even as he was getting close to endzone. I think he has something that’s not an ankle. Like some kind of tendinitis in his Achilles or something like that. Hoping it’s not some foot issue. I’m actually concerned. He has been an easy target of criticism but when you see Cam I hope it dawns on everyone how important JG is.
Yes, I agree with you, there is definitely something wrong with his ankle. I guess it's a bigger issue for me that I'm concerned he is a huge meltdown waiting to happen and it will come out when we finally hit some adversity. Hope I am wrong and cheer for him all the time to be great

I mentioned this to my wife last night.

Mario is good friends with Butch Davis, from what I read.

Butch used a brilliant, unorthodox strategy against Diaz and Enos during the FIU game. Any time Miami had some positive momentum, FIU defenders went down with cramps. Slowed the game down and gave FIU’s defense a chance to rest and reset.

I wonder if a similar strategy was in play against USF’s Uber fast offense.
I believed that to be the case. It was evident after the long screen on the busted coverage when Baron and Barrow went down. Once they got back in quickly, I knew we were just “cramping” to slow down their pace…

Butch used a brilliant, unorthodox strategy against Diaz and Enos during the FIU game. Any time Miami had some positive momentum, FIU defenders went down with cramps. Slowed the game down and gave FIU’s defense a chance to rest and reset.

Maybe. We disguised it creatively by having two guys go down on one play.

Saw lots of fake injuries in games yesterday. Need to address that. Maybe a minimum number of plays you have to sit out after an "injury".

Advertisement

Yes, USF was doing the same thing in the 2nd half when various players kept going down. None of them appeared to be injured. Herbstreit talked about this last night re the UT player looking to the bench before he went down.

I don’t think there was anything that kept anyone out the game.

JG has an ankle. Which is tricky. It’s going to bother him until he has probably the bye week to fully get right

Mario has people tracking IP addresses on every device in the country. If you mention specifics on an injured Miami player, may want to catch the next flight out of America.

Maybe. We disguised it creatively by having two guys go down on one play.

Saw lots of fake injuries in games yesterday. Need to address that. Maybe a minimum number of plays you have to sit out after an "injury".

I have NO problem with our guys feigning injury when a team is running no-huddle on us, especially at the pace Heupel and Golesh like to run it. Butch did it vs our guys and I saw several Pac12 games where it was done. Why should our guys play their game?

Advertisement
I have NO problem with our guys feigning injury when a team is running no-huddle on us, especially at the pace Heupel and Golesh like to run it. Butch did it vs our guys and I saw several Pac12 games where it was done. Why should our guys play their game?
Because of the "feigning" part.

Yes, I agree with you, there is definitely something wrong with his ankle. I guess it's a bigger issue for me that I'm concerned he is a huge meltdown waiting to happen and it will come out when we finally hit some adversity. Hope I am wrong and cheer for him all the time to be great
Yeah I’m with you

I do think he has a genuine injury. And it feels like he’s been open all season so far

He’s had a few key drops on some incredible throws from Cam. He dropped that one near the goal line last week against Ball St that was an absolute seed from Cam

With how good the offense has been…it certainly can be better which is wild

I believed that to be the case. It was evident after the long screen on the busted coverage when Baron and Barrow went down. Once they got back in quickly, I knew we were just “cramping” to slow down their pace…

Baron was legit cramping to hamstring.

He was getting stretched out on the ground prior to the start of the second half. He was dealing with something

Because of the "feigning" part.

Why does it bother you?
Is it anymore Bush league than guys faking pass-interference or ball carriers, especially QBs, positioning their bodies in such way to draw out-of-bounds late hit or targeting?
On the latter, the "offending" player getting tossed out of a game?

Advertisement
George seems to be struggling with one of those injuries that pop up when you make a poor play

Nah, man, George is hurt.

Plus, right after that "poor play" George was on the sideline fielding throws from Ward, to stay warm until the next drive.

Not referring to you, but people need to chill out on George. He is passionate, he plays hard, and he is staying out of trouble. Plus, he plays hurt.

Notice how the coaches kept putting him in the game? They know he's good.

Advertisement
Nah, man, George is hurt.

Plus, right after that "poor play" George was on the sideline fielding throws from Ward, to stay warm until the next drive.

Not referring to you, but people need to chill out on George. He is passionate, he plays hard, and he is staying out of trouble. Plus, he plays hurt.

Notice how the coaches kept putting him in the game? They know he's good.
I believe it. He’s a weapon and he’s come a long way from a guy who was absolutely on his way out two years ago

Dude is always open

Why does it bother you?
Is it anymore Bush league than guys faking pass-interference or ball carriers, especially QBs, positioning their bodies in such way to draw out-of-bounds late hit or targeting?
On the latter, the "offending" player getting tossed out of a game?
Yes, it is totally different and not sure how you think its similar honestly.
Trying to "sell" a call in the flow of the game is nowhere near the same as "faking an injury" where when guys go down hurt there should be concern by all fans and participants involved and you are causing concern where there is no need for it. It's not a part of the spirit of the game and is a shady move, thus the reason why a lot of schools don't do it. I can't control what Mario does, but I would lose a little respect for him if I thought he was directing players to do it or allowing his asst coaches to do that.
And no, the problem with the situation is hard to say you would eject a player because it would require the refs to determine that the player was not hurt which I don't want them to have the ability to do. Sometimes when a player cramps, they could seem fine and all of the sudden go down and it looks fake but until someone experiences a cramp like that then they have no idea how quick it hits you and out of nowhere.
It was clear based on the facial expressions and body language of Butch's players that they were faking but I don't know if I am comfortable with the refs having the power to make that call.
Heupel has an OL on XP team that will go down with an "injury" after they score and kick in situations where they have just come off of defense and scored quick and need to buy the defense time to rest. It's a shady move IMO and points to a slight character issue for those that instruct it or condone it.

Advertisement
Back