Any injuries vs USF?

They wasnt brilliant watch Butch did that game. It was bush league.
I hated it at the time.

Hated it.

I’ve said in the past that if Miami played FIU again I wanted two things:

1) 70+ to 0 final score for the Canes
2) Every Miami player falling down on the field in mock cramps for the final play

And that’s all I ever thought of it until last night. Then watching the game and two of our players cramped up, I thought…wait a minute.

I’ll give the good guys the benefit of the doubt though and say it was legit. That was a huge drive (19 plays).

Advertisement
I mentioned this to my wife last night.

Mario is good friends with Butch Davis, from what I read.

Butch used a brilliant, unorthodox strategy against Diaz and Enos during the FIU game. Any time Miami had some positive momentum, FIU defenders went down with cramps. Slowed the game down and gave FIU’s defense a chance to rest and reset.

I wonder if a similar strategy was in play against USF’s Uber fast offense.

Dude!! I was at the game last night and I saw at lest 8 usf guys go down throughout the game and everyone of them stayed down for a while. At least a couple of minutes. Thankfully, everyone of them wound up getting to their feet and managed to walk off the field under their own power.

But I call bull****! It was the same exact scenario every injury. Right down to the amount of time their players stayed down. That fake **** was almost as annoying as the bum sauce refs that threw 22 yellow flags on the night.

Advertisement
George seems to be struggling with one of those injuries that pop up when you make a poor play
You are exactly right. He has been playing this injury the last few games and seems to get up and limp bad only after something negative happens for him.
As someone who coached HS for decades, I can tell you there is nothing more frustrating than having to deal with a player like him. He definitely has talent and can make big plays, but I bet you Mario and the staff will be relieved when he graduates, and they don't have to deal with him anymore. The mistakes that he makes are usually massive (like last night tossing the ball in the air after the catch), getting a PF penalty or some other nonsense that kills us. He tantrums when he doesn't get the ball on the sideline and is probably just exhausting for Beard and staff to deal with. I see X and Sam B in particular laying massive blocks and a lot of the time I see George "whiff" on blocks, which again points to selfishness.
When the commentators mentioned that they had to address the skill players at the beginning of the season about not being selfish, I guarantee you it was meant only for him, but they told everyone at once, so he didn't freak out over them telling him individually. Not one of the other receivers or TEs act selfish like him.
I want to be wrong about him and hope he does well because that means the Canes are doing well, but mark my words before this season is over, he will do something selfish or stupid to cost us a big game and wipe away any big plays or games he has had prior to that.

Advertisement
You are exactly right. He has been playing this injury the last few games and seems to get up and limp bad only after something negative happens for him.
As someone who coached HS for decades, I can tell you there is nothing more frustrating than having to deal with a player like him. He definitely has talent and can make big plays, but I bet you Mario and the staff will be relieved when he graduates, and they don't have to deal with him anymore. The mistakes that he makes are usually massive (like last night tossing the ball in the air after the catch), getting a PF penalty or some other nonsense that kills us. He tantrums when he doesn't get the ball on the sideline and is probably just exhausting for Beard and staff to deal with. I see X and Sam B in particular laying massive blocks and a lot of the time I see George "whiff" on blocks, which again points to selfishness.
When the commentators mentioned that they had to address the skill players at the beginning of the season about not being selfish, I guarantee you it was meant only for him, but they told everyone at once, so he didn't freak out over them telling him individually. Not one of the other receivers or TEs act selfish like him.
I want to be wrong about him and hope he does well because that means the Canes are doing well, but mark my words before this season is over, he will do something selfish or stupid to cost us a big game and wipe away any big plays or games he has had prior to that.
I appreciate your perspective here. Something you’ve obviously experienced first hand much more than me

Kid is clearly talented and at times you see him playing his absolute heart out and he takes a lot of crap on this board (some deserved and undeserved to me)

Good news is this year the “culture” we always hear about is in good hands. Cam Ward is the leader and it’s his way or the highway on the field. If you’re not on board fully I think you get left behind

The team is better when he’s engaged and playing well though for sure so I hope he gets right whether injured or just in general

Advertisement
I appreciate your perspective here. Something you’ve obviously experienced first hand much more than me

Kid is clearly talented and at times you see him playing his absolute heart out and he takes a lot of crap on this board (some deserved and undeserved to me)

Good news is this year the “culture” we always hear about is in good hands. Cam Ward is the leader and it’s his way or the highway on the field. If you’re not on board fully I think you get left behind

The team is better when he’s engaged and playing well though for sure so I hope he gets right whether injured or just in general
Same

I’d sit George for a couple of weeks. If we can’t beat VT and Cal without him, we weren’t going anywhere anyways. Bell has been holding his own. McCoy and Rodriguez were splitting time anyway and McCoy would probably be ahead of him by now anyway. Mesidor seemed fine. Just seemed like cramping. It’s a short week but we are at home and VT has looked pretty bad. Not even lying when I think USF and even UF are probably better than them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He was limping pretty bad after his TD last week. Even as he was getting close to endzone. I think he has something that’s not an ankle. Like some kind of tendinitis in his Achilles or something like that. Hoping it’s not some foot issue. I’m actually concerned. He has been an easy target of criticism but when you see Cam I hope it dawns on everyone how important JG is.

I’d sit George for a couple of weeks. If we can’t beat VT and Cal without him, we weren’t going anywhere anyways. Bell has been holding his own. McCoy and Rodriguez were splitting time anyway and McCoy would probably be ahead of him anyway. Mesidor seemed fine. It’s a short week but we are at home and VT has looked pretty bad. Not even lying when I think USF and even UF are probably better than them.
I don’t want to misquote him but I believe D said if McCoy had been healthy this summer he would have been starting at LG the entire time

You are absolutely right. You can see the difference in how George acts this year with Cam vs last year when TVD was in charge. That makes a massive difference. And what I say about him is not personal and just business. As silly as Ray Ray acts when back to receive a punt, my heart would stop if George were back there to do that cause I know he will try to make a huge play selfishly when it's just a fair catch and cost us massive.
When George is playing his best, we are super elite for sure. He is our most talented WR of those that play but he isn't our best WR and that tells you what you need to know. With Horton and Brown (who I like better than most on this board because his blocking is elite) and X playing well, that puts pressure on Goerge to not act like a maniac because he knows now, he would be left behind. This is what competition does to a room and team. Don't slip up too much or you lose your spot, and you might not get it back.

Advertisement
Back