Anticipation / ball placement

I know everyone gets caught up in who has the big arm , who’s the great athlete and all the physical tangibles qb’s have. But the areas i always pay attention to are accuracy , anticipation and ball placement. Below is the go ball to Sam Brown between the safety and corner. When the ball is thrown the cb is in perfect position and Brown is a step from being even. When the ball arrives he’s 3-4 yards behind the cb and has won the matchup.

Most fans won’t pick things up like this or the eye manipulation Cam uses. You can tell he’s a proven , vet with confidence how casual he side steps rusher while keeping eyes down field. I saw this a few times where a defender was breathing down his neck. So many small things make this guy special.

Lastly Cam brings a confidence and a swag to the team , **** even the fans. At no point did I feel like we were in danger last night. It’s almost like he brings a calmness to everyone. As long as you have a dude like this with good team talent you’ll have a fighters chance. No matter the opponent.
He’s a unicorn. The ability that he possesses to remain calm and play totally relaxed is something that 99.999999% of QB’s do not and will never have. It’s really a remarkable trait.

That and his arm talent (along with his intelligence, film room habits, leadership skills and athletic ability) should get him paid handsomely at the next level, as well as lead him to a potentially great NFL career.

That 76-yarder to Brown stunned not only the Bulls players, staff and fans, but pretty much broke their backs. Brown is a bullet, and once he caught the ball, it was a wrap. USF never recovered after that, and our dudes came out from the halftime break with their hair on fire.

Advertisement
He messed his ankle up on that td against Ball State. I think it was friendly fire. With Horton being very reliable and Brown having a big confidence game we will see if they limited George until he’s healthyish.

Anyone know if it was the ankle that limited him in camp?

Him sliding in the pocket feeling pressure is next level. This isn’t some guy playing in a gimmick offense with easy throws. He’s making big boy reads and throws more than a lot of guys on Sundays. Which is another conversation. Some of the worst qb play I’ve ever seen at the nfl level.

his ability to throw in-between defenders is amazing. It's the type of throw many strong armed guy struggle with

Yeah he plays like Patrick mahomes and Aaron rodgers. I am happy and excited that we have a good passing game and we are not afraid to utilize it. Shout out to Mario's game management improves also. If we stay healthy and cut the penalty I don't see a reason we can't go undefeated in the regular season. Our receiving code is talented and deep I think Jacolby George is out third or maybe fourth best receiver. We have four capable Rbs and several tes

Advertisement
Cam Muad'dib
1727059664696.gif

Advertisement
Back